How not to land a Harrier

This has already been discussed in the news thread.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ta - missed the vid the first time around :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Looks like low-speed followed by excessive flare, which would mean pilot error.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Could be, and might have worked if it was done half a second earlier if that is the case.

Would be interesting to know if there were any failures causing troubles for him - for example inability to keep speed up due to engine problems or something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's 90 seconds of hover. This does not apply though unless this immediately followed a failed hover landing (unlikely to even try something as dangerous as a hover landing in that place since they have a perfectly good runway).

A failed hover landing that causes damage would most likely occur from sucking in exhaust air, though, not anything related to the coolant, and usually the result would be the plane imitating a helicopter in rotor vortex ring. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester