Questions on network connection and missiles in multiplayer?

Just wondering if your connection quality affects the odds of your fired missile hitting its target in multiplayer?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

it shouldn't because it is calculated per host I believe (ie just the initial positions and firing time / info are broadscast, the local client does the rest) ... it could possibly effect the synchronicity of client position , but that will only cause graphical oddity's (warping) , shouldn't affect any weapons behavior..it should allways remain consistant.

*edit* I guess if your client info "I have fired an XYZ from this positions (X,Y) aimed at this target (ABC)" didnt get through correclty or fully, then it's possible? *edit*

it shouldn't because it is calculated per host I believe (ie just the initial positions and firing time / info are broadscast, the local client does the rest) ... it could possibly effect the synchronicity of client position , but that will only cause graphical oddity's (warping) , shouldn't affect any weapons behavior..it should allways remain consistant.

*edit* I guess if your client info "I have fired an XYZ from this positions (X,Y) aimed at this target (ABC)" didnt get through correclty or fully, then it's possible? *edit*

Thanks for the quick response. I ask because after firing around 5 AMRAAMS at a single target in 6 second intervals, and none of them hitting, I find it hard to believe it is me that is the problem here. The enemy then proceeds to turn around in his Mig-29, fires one R-77, and it is a direct hit on me :/

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Thanks for the quick response. I ask because after firing around 5 AMRAAMS at a single target in 6 second intervals, and none of them hitting, I find it hard to believe it is me that is the problem here. The enemy then proceeds to turn around in his Mig-29, fires one R-77, and it is a direct hit on me :/

A good thing to do in those cases is watch the MP track. Often you'll understand why your missiles went ballistic.

A good thing to do in those cases is watch the MP track. Often you'll understand why your missiles went ballistic.

Yes thanks for reminding me i actually did try that. I loaded up the track in lock on after exiting multiplayer, but I couldnt change my view! All I had was a view above the airport, and couldnt switch to airplane views with F2 or any of the other F's. Infact, I didnt even see any airplanes while "watching".

This all happened in the 104th server, maybe it has something to do with them not allowing views or whatever.

I loaded up the track in lock on after exiting multiplayer, but I couldnt change my view! All I had was a view above the airport, and couldnt switch to airplane views with F2 or any of the other F's. Infact, I didnt even see any airplanes while "watching".

This all happened in the 104th server, maybe it has something to do with them not allowing views or whatever.

The mission settings can prevent external views. You can edit the track file to change these options - the file itself is just a ZIP so you can open it with an archiver like 7-Zip, WinZIP, WinRAR, or even rename it to a .zip extension and use the Windows Explorer shell to access it.

Inside are some files, including one called "options". If you edit this with a plain text editor (such as Notepad++) you can change the view settings. I think you'll mostly want to change optionsView to "optview_all".

Put the modified file back into the .trk file (overwriting the existing one) and you should be able to view it in the game and switch views at will.

Note that there's a decent chance of breaking the track if you make a mistake, so it's a good idea to make a backup first.