can dcs and lock on be streamed?

What exactly do you mean by stream them? As in play them from a remote computer? No. As in capture video and audio for transmission over the internet? Yes, just use any capture software designed for that purpose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

XFire would be good choice for live streaming ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

If you want live streaming try X-Fire. If record movie try FRAPS.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

after seeing this post, I went to the xfire website, I dont like xfire myself but I went and watched someone called DangerTM Airborne shoot a few tanks, video was jumpy/jerky at times but on the whole it was smooth enough and I could hear Rob D Clubbed To Death playing in the background :)

He needs TIR ;)

All in All it was pretty decent.

Edited by bumfire
  • Like 1

I've seen few DCS players who streamed their game in good quality and FPS, I was amazed.

• Like 1

ಠ_ಠ

Not all X-Fire streams are the same. Within X-Fire, there is some configuration for bandwidth. If you have a solid connection and are playing single player, you should be fine. I've streamed multiple games before through X-Fire, including DCS, and I haven't gotten any complaints about FPS. My upstream rate is 640 Kbps (max).

If you plan to communicate with your viewers, which you can do with ease with X-Fire, there will be significant lag between when you experience something in the game and when the video arrives on the screens of your viewers. The text chat (global chatroom type deal, but you can open one-on-one conversations simultaneously) is instantaneous.

• Like 1

i used livestream to stream DCS and Lockon for our website - check out the site in my sig... top right corner of the site has a livestream player which uses procaster to broadcast both live and also save the recordings for playback programming.

What you will see on the jg53 site is the playback from previous recordings.

• Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

If your into streaming games check this out freind. This service lets you play games your not supposed to be able to play. As in normally your computer could'nt handle it. It cost $14.95 a month. This does not include purchase or rental fees. You can thank me by adding to my rep thank you.

http://www.onlive.com/

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ
  • Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a slightly different kind of streaming. ;)

I'm sceptical of that one though - been tried before, and last one went bust before they even managed to get an infrastructure up. Better infrastructure now, but you need to have a very reliable net connection and amazing ping to not grow ulcers from controller-lag.

Also, for your information, there is such a place as "the rest of the world". Bee_Sting and indeed ~85% of users on this forum will not have access to that thing.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Nice doom and nice web page.. :thumbup:

i used livestream to stream DCS and Lockon for our website - check out the site in my sig... top right corner of the site has a livestream player which uses procaster to broadcast both live and also save the recordings for playback programming.

What you will see on the jg53 site is the playback from previous recordings.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||