FC2.0 / F-15 “lakky band in hanger” effect

coolts

Please don t send ma a collective forehead slap for this query, but, when starting a game online I begin, engines cold in a hardened shelter with the doors just opening.

When my engines reach 70% and I have taxi clearance, (aren’t I well behaved?), I have to really go for it to get moving. It doesn’t do that on a taxiway or from an outdoor parking spot. I mean that I have to go almost to full AB to get over “the hump”. Now either;

• I have to press a key to remove chocks, (as in some flight Sims I recall from the dim and distant past)
  • There is a really big front door step on those hangers
  • There is a key for some sort of “wheel lock” in place on hanger start-up, (tried the wheel brake as in FSX)
  • There is a big elastic band attached to my tail

Going to full AB whilst in a hanger is surely a violation of Health and Safety :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Confirmed, it's going to stay like that until Nadia sweeps the floor. The stuff is bloody sticky... all due to a heavy releaseparty in the hangars, with insane amounts of Vodka & Battery.

I blame Ulrich, he brought too much goodies to the party.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

i thought it was the squadron dog I keep running over. No ones been taking it for a walk and it likes to sleep under my F-15 . nice and warm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Unfortunately, it's a buggy feature or whatever you like to call it...

The hangar floor is not calculated as an aerodrome manoeuvering area but as unpaved soil.

Basically, the game thinks you want to taxi on grass or mud and raises the rolling resistance. Therefore you need more thrust to overcome this. Once you have left the hangar, the game finally sees you on paved ground and everything gets normal again.

So don't forget to cut your throttles and prepare to brake as neccessary once your main wheels make the transition from (*cough* buggy) hangar floor to taxiway...

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Ah, that explains it. I thought I was doing something daft and "n00bish". I have done a few hairy handbrake turns out of the hanger before i remembered to cut the throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]