TACTICAL MAP NOW FOR SALE

JimMack

Got my two maps yesterday. One for the office and one for my 'flight bag' with handy notes. The maps are indeed huge and of excellent quality. I'm really please with this purchase (plus I got the FC2 manual, it is also very nice, on high quality paper and very nicely spiral bound).

I've got a nice plan for my paper map which I will share later. In the meantime, I've gotten the electronic version of the map onto my ipad which makes for an excellent kneepad device! This is especially useful if, like me, you game in the low light conditions.

I love this map! Thank you again so very much for all the hard work. It is SPECTACULAR and will really change the game for a lot of us who play regular missions (eg. 104th).

Where is the download for the free file? I have access to a commercial printer.

Who told you its free?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

Jim in his first post in this thread. Mind the last sentence. ;)

Edit: The download link is listed in this post

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=850697&postcount=1

oh... sorry missed that:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

• ED Team

A lot of you have now bought this map.

Please give advice if you have laminated.

Was my advice adequate or have you discovered a better technique?

For multiplayer communities this map is a must have!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

A lot of you have now bought this map.

Please give advice if you have laminated.

Was my advice adequate or have you discovered a better technique?

For multiplayer communities this map is a must have!

OK, today I finished lamination of my map, so I wanted to share my experiences with you.

I did it in one peace, and I didn’t have any problem with that. Still I must warn you that 3 persons were involved in the process of the lamination, and that this is not the first map I’ve done in my life (actually I’ve laminated almost 10 of them, but all of them were flat – not folded).

First of all I’ve bought 125x150cm self adhesive foil (4Euro). Then I put two working tables together, creating big enough, flat and stabile working surface.

I unfolded the map on the tables, and put bunch of heavy books along the folding edges.

After few hours I moved the books away, seeing that edges are not so distinct anymore.

The only other thing (besides working tables, foil and the map) I needed was 2 more persons to help me, and 50cm ruler.

We placed the map on the middle of the working area. It is important that your working area is bigger than your map (so the whole map is on the flat area) and to have easy access from at least 2 sides.

Then I took one corner of the foil, and unstick it around 5-10cm diagonally. I stick it next to the one corner of the map so that the base paper of the foil is flipped over the map (see the pictures), and started SLOWLY and gently to push the foil DIAGONALLY towards the diagonal corner of the map.

One person is supposed to work with the ruler, the other one should help holding the rest of the foil vertically, and the third one was on the other side, gently pulling the map so it was tight all the time.

Lamination.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

We took our time (maybe 15 minutes for the whole operation), and the result was laminated map. Then you can fold or put it on the wall. I folded it in a bit different way than the original folding, but it is just a matter of habit, and you can do it your way.

DSC00368.jpg

Still this could be dangerous way to laminate your map, and if you are not self-confident enough, follow the Jim's directions from the first post.

Edited by igormk
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have take my map to Laminations Unlimited, it is a professional lamination service. it only cost me 36.00 USD. i have it done at 3mil thickness. they offer 3 different thickness. 3 mil, 5 mil and 10 mil (10 mil will not be rolled)

You can contact them if your located in U.S.

1668 South Wolf Road

Wheeling. IL 60090

847 520 3666

800 734 7336

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

I have take my map to Laminations Unlimited, it is a professional lamination service. it only cost me 36.00 USD. i have it done at 3mil thickness. they offer 3 different thickness. 3 mil, 5 mil and 10 mil (10 mil will not be rolled)

You can contact them if your located in U.S.

1668 South Wolf Road

Wheeling. IL 60090

847 520 3666

800 734 7336

Pics?

I dont have digital camera. it broke few weeks ago.. but i assure you it's done professional. perfect laminating, they use machine, and cutting on edge. looks great.

mucher smoother than the picture shot by igormk.

After I’ve laminated my map, it is time for its operational use! :D

I took the Moonshield mission on the 104th server and marked enemy’s ground positions on the map. I did it from the mission editor, and despite it could be considered as cheating, have in mind that any serious army would provide you with Intel data prior to your take off on such task.

This was the main idea behind this map. You can see on attached pictures that only general positions of enemy’s forces are marked, but this is good enough so you can navigate yourself to the targets. For example Red Group 4 is located (according to the briefing) somewhere east of Krasnodar Lake. Now you can see that let’s say second element of Group 4 (marked with “2” on the second picture) is located south of Ust’-Labinsk City, and between the city itself and the river, and east of road directed SE from the city, and north of the bridge. I think it wouldn’t be so hard to find it now.

Also if you are using your WPs as navigational reference, and you are flying let’s say Blue Su-25T from Novo airport, now you can navigate to let’s say Red Groups 5 & 6 using your WP3 and measuring that Groups 5 & 6 are approximately 40km heading 330 from WP3 (don’t forget to take magnetic declination when measuring the heading from WP3). When you arrive close to the tagget area, search for the city, the river, the road and the bridge. Also easy enough.

DSC05709.jpg

DSC05717.jpg

Besides that, coordination between fighters and strikers or fighters and fighters would be much, much improved, since now you can actually give more precise position to the fighters, and now they can find it (using topographic reference, or taking MGRS or Geodetic coordinates with the grids).

What do you think about it? Can someone else share their experience.

Salute!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The map is such an excellent resource. I have a wall in my home-office dedicated to it (zakobi, the map is huge!), and another folded version of my map for my 'flight bag'.

Marking targets on the map is not cheating. Real pilots do a lot of mission planning before they fly, and with FC2 triggers you still never know what may pop up so it's not like you know more than general target locations anyway.

I just “landed” with my Ka-50 on 104th (actually was shot down :music_whistling:). It was the first time I used the map and I can tell that it was very useful.

I joined the game when you have to search for the “Foxtrot” convoy (very difficult, especially if you don’t have SEADs with you), and it was much easier to find it with the map. For me it was good combination to use the ABRIS and the map together. I was using the map to navigate during the search for the convoy. Since I had convoy’s start and end points marked on the map I had better situational awareness than to zoom/unzoom the ABRIS all the time. The ABRIS was zoomed in almost all the time so I could control the Shkval to desired position.

The other good thing was that it was very easy to pass the coordinates of my position when I was shot down, so other strikers or AH could find me and then the enemy easier.

This gives me idea, maybe we should organize multiplayer CSAR exercise. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

igormk, that a great report. I do believe it is very helpful. one big problem I have no side wall to post map on... my apartment design sucks :P... but am moving in next 30 days and I should be all set like that.

it also a great to arrange to create the mission on that map then implement into Mission editor.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • ED Team

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question from a lurker:

Normally when the magnetic declination (or better: variation) is negative,

you have to ADD it to the course you obtain from the chart. This because the convention is that Westerly variation/declination is negative in calculations...

Any thoughts on why thisworks the other way around on this map?