PC Issue help requested

Started approx a week or so ago where I am on the PC and all of a sudden the PC freezes up and the display turns to the following:

Comp3.jpg

As seen, the entire screen is filled with red and green squares. Cannot do anything and any input results in either a Computer switch-off or BSOD.

At start-up this will sometimes happen:

Comp1.jpg

From startup the Windows screen will not appear/windows will not start and Comp will power down automatically. Monitor stays Black.

Sometimes also get this:

Comp2-1.jpg

Other times all is normal at start-up and Comp boots normally. Can surf the web, navigate around for a coupla minutes and all of a sudden the screen is filled with green/red squares and crashes or forces me to power down manually.

FUBAR'd Graphics card?

Assistance appreciated :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I has a very similar looking issue with my graphics display. It turned out that my Nividia card went kaput. If you can, try another vid card to see if the issue goes away.

I also had graphics corruption once because of a bad memory module. It only occured though when stressing the system with a game for example. When my graphics card went, corruption was seen in normal window's operation like your screen shot.

• Like 1

Virus? Pr0n? :D

If I were u I'd glance at Administrator Tools in Control Panel and Event Viewer.

Temperatures are OK, I guess yuo have checked such basic things ect.

You can do test - if you have second disk with Windows try to use it than default one. Then you can recognize - hardware or software problem.

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Corrupted driver installation? Is your PSU failing? Could try a different Rail/Lead

if available.

On 10.4 - stable for a good while since release.

PSU should be fine - as stated works sometimes and then not for others. Was fine the whole day yesterday with infrequent problems for a week or so as said. How does one test a GPU other than replacing it with another, especially if no spare is readily available?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GPU failure would be my first suspicion, do you have another card you can try to confirm? I wouldn't point fingers at the PSU right away given the graphical artifacts, although based on the fact you are also suffering shutdowns and boot failures the PSU is also a possible cause.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I would put my money on video card being fubar'd, memory problems on the card or actual gpu.

If this happens before windows boots, i.e if you get graphical glitches during post or in the bios then its definetly a hardware fault, I presume by your shots that its a hardware fault already, but if it happens during post or bios then that would confirm it.

RMA time me thinks.

• Like 1

Yup looks very much like the Video card is to blame here. Try with another one to confirm or directly go to a service center/send the card for replacement. It's probably a hardware problem and there is little you can do about it yourself.

• Like 1

I would say it's the video card. This exact same thing (the little red squares) happened to me about 18 months ago, but with a brand new ASUS ATI 4870. Had it replaced and never saw it again.

Look on the bright side - is it a good excuse for an upgrade?

• Like 1

Ta for the assistance Gents :)

As luck/fate would have it, my new Build is arriving tomorrow. However not well impressed atm as the card (4870x2) is only over a year and a half old and still under warranty as far as I am aware (Asus).

Will get the ball rolling in the interem. PITA it is.......

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've told you already, why are you bothering all those people...?!!

Go away!

Your Chimp said you're not to be trusted!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come on mate, one of your cards are gone, find out which one and take it out. Your PC will run with one no problems, all you need it's hold up until tomorow. So. split crossfire, get one out, turn pc on if squares are still there then swap the cards, you might need to reinstall the driver. Should keep you running until new rig arrives. Chimp likes your new rig very much...

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come on mate, one of your cards are gone, find out which one and take it out....

One card with two chips.......Told you before!!

Quit smokin' the Chimp's stash :music_whistling:

.....Chimp likes your new rig very much...

Quit spiking her Banana's :furious:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you check the heat sink for dust balls? Some cards show these symptoms because it is clogged and heating up too much.

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Yup, that's crapped up video card RAM... get a replacement if you still have waranty

Aye - ASUS have 3 year warranty on their cards. Currently busy with necessary comms etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]