Zoom problem in FC

In the 1.1 demo, and in FC itself, I have this weird problem, while I'm inside the cockpit, I can't zoom in our out (it keeps jumping back to the default zoom value)

I've tried almost everything: switching USB ports, disabling all joystick/pedal axes, disabling/enabling the mouse, with no avail.

No, I have no sticky buttons/axis or keyboard.

I zoom in with the * and / keys and don't have buttons binded on my joystick.

in 1.02 I haven't had thi problem.

Also, I noticed that after you start the game, the cockpit zoom (and FOV) are the same as they were in 1.02 for a split-second, but ten it changes to the more zoomed-in view that all flyables have in FC. So I think this is some .lua script defining the view, and messing up my zoom.

Here's the fix:

I HAVE A REAL, WORKING SOLOUTION!

Lol, start drooling...

Step 1: Connect your Saitek game controller that messed up your cockpit zoom

Step 2: Download this official Saitek program, it lets you define the deadzone percentage per axis.

If you think it's a virus, check out this official Saitek forum sticky: http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=5437

Step 3: Double click on db.exe

Step 4: Use these settings X:10 Y:10 Z:1 RZ:30

Step 5: Click OK

Step 6: Run lomac and press / or * inside the cockpit, and piss yourself from happyness.

Edit: added the soloution for this problem

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I think you already checked this, but just in case. :icon_roll

Select 'OPTION' - 'INPUT' - 'Mouse' from 'DEVICE', and switch from 'BUTTONS' to 'AXES'.

Then, make sure 'Zoom View' is empty: no axis assigned.

Yes, did it already :|

I think it is some .lua script for the view that messes it up, because in 1.02 I didn't have this problem. And as I said before, before you press "S" at the beginning of the mission, the view is like in 1.02, but then jumps to the "new" 1.1 view position (more forward and wider field of view)

• 2 weeks later...

I do expirence the exact sam problem ! I cant zoom in or out neither with the standard keys unless I unplugg my Saitek X-45. Even If i DONT assign the zoom vie to any axis, it recenters automatically....

the view always jumps back (recenters on the zoom axis), and I cant do anything about it. Seems to be a Flaming Cliffs Bug because it even exists, when my jostick is disconnected! It worked fine on 1.02 too! But I had the sam problems with the FC Demo, but I did not care about that, that time.

Now as I bought the addon it really pi...es me off, as I cant find any solution, neither here in this forum...

Pls help, the game suxx withought the ability to zoom in/out while in the cockpit.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I have the X45 and no zooming problem. What I did is that i made 3 zones for my rotary. One neutral 45-55% zoom in 55+% zoom out 45-%. The whole rotary range doesn't work as zoom but it's better than nothing.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

Don't know about you people, but assigning a controller (read joystick) axis to zoom doesn't do squat, the zoom still jumps back to default.

Now, I've done everything, refreshed my config folder, enabled/disabled default and non-default snapviews, purged all axes (yes all of them, so please no more "are you sure you haven't disabled the mouse" questions), removed everything that can be connected through USB.... And I still can't zoom.

I have a feeling this got something to do with the new .lua scripting for the cockpit view, but after going over it a couple of times, I still don't have a soloution :(

I have the X45 and no zooming problem. What I did is that i made 3 zones for my rotary. One neutral 45-55% zoom in 55+% zoom out 45-%. The whole rotary range doesn't work as zoom but it's better than nothing.

I have tried it, zomm view still centers automatically. May problem is not the "usual" flickering due to the unprecise potentiometers (or however these parts are called in english) , it rather seems to be a software problem, as the view jumps back to the "center (mediate) zoom level" from regardless of the poti's position.

It's either a driver/software issue from Windows XP, Saitek or ED! but it must be Software related, as it worked in lomac 1.02. Although I had the "usual!" flickering there, but that did not bother me much....

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

I would recommend the usual. A reinstall. If that doesn't do it. A reformat. I know it sucks but since this problem doesn't occur for everyone with the x45 windows xp setup it's very hard to give any other advice.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

I would recommend the usual. A reinstall. If that doesn't do it. A reformat. I know it sucks but since this problem doesn't occur for everyone with the x45 windows xp setup it's very hard to give any other advice.

Errm, I was the second one with this porblem (a while ago someone had it as well) and now there is a third person that has the same bug.

I've got a feeling this has something to do with the new scripting support (configuration wise)

I think I've found the problem...

When zooming in or out the zoom works normally when I constantly move the twist (from right to left, no pauses). moving the twist axis solves the whole zoom problem, so now I'm wondering how to disable my twist axis on the Saitek Cyborg EVO (the profiler lacks a function to disable an axis).

So, how do I disable the twist axis? (in windows, not in lomac)

When zooming in or out the zoom works normally when I constantly move the twist (from right to left, no pauses). moving the twist axis solves the whole zoom problem, so now I'm wondering how to disable my twist axis on the Saitek Cyborg EVO (the profiler lacks a function to disable an axis).

What joystick driver are you using?

There are some drivers made by users. You might want to try those.

UnOfficial Saitek Help Center

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Mhmm, I dont have a twistable Joystick. I use the x- 45. I might try unofficial drivers, as a last resort.

Mhmm, I dont have a twistable Joystick. I use the x- 45. I might try unofficial drivers, as a last resort.

try moving the x and y axis at the same time (make circles with your stick) and while doing so, try zooming in and out. When doing that and zooming, everything works fine here, too bad we can't do such things when targeting a tank :P.

New discovery made by me...

when you reboot your system, and don't touch the stick at all, then enter lomac, the zoom works fine (no zoom reset). But when you move the joystick even a slight bit, the zoom will jump back to default.

So out joysticks are the cause of this, and I think it's the auto-calibration function that somehow interferes with 1.1.

are there any tools to disable auto-calibration of my Saitek EVO

@tekateka: Did not work. Even if I keep the Ptich and Roll Axis empty, the symptoms stay the same.

When I swirl the stick around, the set zoom level stays where it should. After recentering stick, the zoom level recenters too (although the Axis 0,1 are not mapped in FC).

The strange thing is that the Windows Game Device Views display correct behaviour of all Axis and buttons. Again: It must be a Problem of FC or the drivers. Maybe its the usb-drivers attached to the mainboard, although this is hard to believe due to the correct respond of inputs in Windows itself, as mentioned above....

@Force_Feedback: What Mainboard do you use?

p.s.: Tried it again with my old Lomac 1.02 version, and still works flawlessly. It MUST have something to do with the FC Controller INPUT INTERPRETATION (maybe other DirectX commands etc). Maybe its the LUA -Files somehow, but it seems to be a BUG of FC, although obviousley not occuring to everyone.

I have an asus A7V266-E (yeah, it's crap, but 5 years ago it was 1337)

I think it's some kind of auto-calibration bug.

My system:

AMD Athlon XP 1600+

1 GB of ddr ram, running @ 266mhz :(

Geforce FX-5600 128mb

Win XP Pro, English version, Dx9.0c.

Saitek Cyborg EVO USB joystick (butt ugly, but better than the Logitech crap)

Microsoft sidewinder steering wheel (I use the pedals as rudders)

dammit, due to the monaco F1 Grand Prix I was not here for some time and hoped to find a solution when i come back.

Does not look so good, as there is no "official" developer reply to this bug isuue, is there?