My Project Su27/33 Motion Pit

Brainstormer

sehr schön!)

verry nice one..i like it, and thx for linking to the XSim pages.

to be honest, i haven t known this community before.

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man.. That thing is going to be just AMAZING to play in..! I'm really imressed..!

However I have a question.. Why is that some preferre pneumatics before using DC motors, or even steppers?

from the videos it seems like the electric ones are more precise and not so jerky? Am I way of here?

I have to point out that this subject, I not close to nothing about!

I envy you sooo bad right now mate.

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man.. That thing is going to be just AMAZING to play in..! I'm really imressed..!

thank you

However I have a question.. Why is that some preferre pneumatics before using DC motors, or even steppers?

Electric is very good but also very expensive....especially in my case, because i want to have these big range of motion. For the Base(Chair with 2 pneumatic Cylinders) i paid only 100€, so i decided to stay at pneumatic....maybe i will change it sometime. Also i need som Airflow Control Valves, then it will become much more smoother in movement. The software needs a lot of finetuning too.

Neverending Project:-)

The Compressor isn't too loud and mostly my Engine Sound overlay it:-)

Cheers

The noise off the compressor can go away with a little piping in your house. It doesn't make noise if it is out of your room. Right?

What are the specs on your pistons? What is there loading, required psi, and travel length?

I'm starting a pit next weekend but I'm afraid I will be too heavy to consider anything like this in future plans.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good question Krebs, i d like to know too,..maybe we can connect to each other for some brainstorming on cockpit building things!)

as told already, fat respect for that killing machine:joystick:

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ Brainstormer,

Very nice setup! only the aircompressor is a bit loud, you can put it in the garage:)

btw, the panel does look familiar to me:)

Cheers!

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

The noise off the compressor can go away with a little piping in your house. It doesn't make noise if it is out of your room. Right?

Right, but the better Way is to use an Compressor like this one:

http://www.silentaire.com/silentaire/sil_air.asp

But its very expensive.....

At the moment i use a small Airbrush Compressor its as loud as an fridge..

What are the specs on your pistons? What is there loading, required psi, and travel length?

I have 4 Pistons...2x original Rock n Ride Pistons for X movement:

loading ?; 2-6 Bar; ca. 300 - 450 mm

2x Camozzi Pistons for the Y movement:

loading ?; 2-10 Bar; ca. 600mm

I'm starting a pit next weekend but I'm afraid I will be too heavy to consider anything like this in future plans.

The "Secret" of my Sim is, using the Base of the Rock n Ride Simulator. This Sim was produced in the 90's. I bought it via E-bay for 100€. The base is very good balanced an it was designed for use with a big and heavy monitor. so you have a lot of space before it becomes to heavy.

Oh and it depends on your own weight...if you are heavy you can use more payload in the Cockpitarea...

I have 20 Kg Weights in my back, because im only 70 Kg:)

The RnR can be used for people up to 120 Kg.....

@Wasserfall but yours its much more beutiful and better than mine. Thnx again for supporting....

Cheers

krebs,..that sound s great, nice to know the freakcore is growing!)

keep us informed on your progress,

i will finisch my sidecontrol panel for different simulators the next weeks..i ll post some pics when finished, the prototyped version does a great job, but now i ll extend to 48- 64 buttons and switches!)

regards

Scud