Awesome Terrain Detail

Rikus

Im at work, cant open youtube (take a wild guess why :D ) but whats going on here? :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Compare terrain size in Wings of Prey with that in DCS and you'll have your answer. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
You`ve seen the terrain in Wings of prey? Why can`t we have something like that in DCS series?

Who says you will never get anything like this with the DCS series??

It just won't happen over-night.. ;)

And I doubt within 5 years ;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Bigger size in FSX, and look FS Global X for example. There are better mesh also.

Greetings

Completely different terrain handling in FSX as well, especially since terrain in FSX isn't much more than eyecandy. Or is there an FSX addon somewhere that permits a horde of AI units to traverse the terrain and do battle? A lot more to terrain engines than what meets the eye, especially in a ground combat simulator. ;)

Everything is possible, it's just a question of how much time and money it takes to develop it, and whether you want to release anything while waiting for that feature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Not only that.

Keep in mind that FSX is the most power hungry sim today. You need a top-notch rig (even in todays standards), to be able to run it at full settings.

Not to mention that main part of FSX is graphics. It doesn't have sophisticated flight model, it doesn't have sophisticated avionics. It has no real AI. It has no ballistic simulation...

• Like 1

Not only that.

Keep in mind that FSX is the most power hungry sim today. You need a top-notch rig (even in todays standards), to be able to run it at full settings.

Not to mention that main part of FSX is graphics. It doesn't have sophisticated flight model, it doesn't have sophisticated avionics. It has no real AI. It has no ballistic simulation...

FSX is designed to run on a 256 core machine you're not likely to get good FPS at full res unless you have a PC in that level.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

it will be really great if FX+FC2+DCS

and yeah i believe ED can make it possible but as what they said time and money is matter to work on within a budget, I dont mind to dump $$$ to preorder something like this if ED gonna come up with a new engine

• 1 month later...

agreed when you see the level of details of some FC 2 units compared to LO 1.00 i have no doubt we'll be able to have such terrain one day

Switzerland Professional X - FSX/FS2004 = $144.82 US .....Wow

ouch x 226 countries = malade.gif

FSX is designed to run on a 256 core machine you're not likely to get good FPS at full res unless you have a PC in that level.

hahaha !

• 1 month later...
Clearly you haven't flown with the ORBX Sceneries :music_whistling:

So true. Aerosoft is excellent, but ORBX NW with REX is even better. Top pic is Seattle on my rig. The level of detail right down to the street level is amazing. The houses are styled for the area. No sugar cube houses, chalets and huts in Seattle.

2010-8-24_2-46-7-203.jpg

29y5t011.jpg

ORBX_YBCS_0271.jpg

ORBX_YBCS_0231.jpg

201007050525401.jpg