MiG29 radar problems

The radar on the MiG29 seems almost useless! For instance in the air to air practice mission it won't detect the C130, but will sometimes detect the F15's. I have tried all the various combinations of range, TWS etc but no difference. Surely it should detect a huge aircraft better than a small fighter. Can anyone offer an explanation.

TonyM:(

Look at the left edge of your HUD you will find ILV written over there which is for mixed high and medium frequencies. You can run only HI for head on targets and MED for tail chase to get a sustained lock. There is a button for changing the radar mode but I don't remember as I have configured it on my stick, but you will be able to find it in your controls in game.

yes I 'm having the same issues too. I really think there is a bug in the radar. I will work it till I'm blue in the face and don't get nothing.

I have done both F-15 and Mig 29s then labels on and I can not get anything on radar , PRF, hi medium, intlv, tws rws, cone and Scan nothing is giving me the feed back. I think the radar has a bug.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Tracks? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

yes I 'm having the same issues too. I really think there is a bug in the radar. I will work it till I'm blue in the face and don't get nothing.

I have done both F-15 and Mig 29s then labels on and I can not get anything on radar , PRF, hi medium, intlv, tws rws, cone and Scan nothing is giving me the feed back. I think the radar has a bug.

Haven't read a word about ranges yet. The MiG-29 radar is much less effective than the Su-27 or F-15C radar in terms of detection ranges. You'll have to be much closer to another aircraft to see it on the radar. Within 70 km of range it will show you targets, but a F-15C or Su-27 then will have tracked you already and maybe even fired a weapon in launch override.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

No bugs, the Mig-29A/C radar sux in real life. The others are on the weak side yes but not bugged. This happens because there are several automated modes missing that would help you keep lock. You have to switch frequency and azimuth aperture really fast if you want to keep the radar on scope.

The migs radar in LOMAC though holds lock pretty well against notching targets under 15 km. IRST helps a lot in this.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The radar seems fine, as Pilotasso said it just has less range, and you should leave it in a certain antenna position/elevation for a bit longer, for it to scan the entire volume(this in comparison with FC1.12). And yes in real life, the MiG radar especially in the MiG-29A has poor detection and tracking ranges.

yes i know but you can see where those 2 tomcats where and I couldn't get them to show up all the way to them.

• Like 1