DCS:A10C - Question on external MFD's?

Ratcatcher

Hmmm... the use of crossfire might be a factor worth investigating. I've seen mention of issues with crossfire causing slide show-like stuttering on really large pixel count display groups. (reportedly a bandwidth limitation issue of the crossfire connection) Your setup is obviously different, but perhaps it is seeing a bandwidth issue due to the mix of both USB and crossfire.

Thanks guys for your continued thoughts, I had wondered about Crossfire too, last time I played with the ATI control panel it seemed reluctant to stop Cross fire, I will have a further play to see if once disengaged the monitors displays improve.

Cheers again for your assistance.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I wonder if part of the problem is that eyefinity can use up to 6 monitors but the lua setup maxes out at 3. If DCS allows you to setup up to 6 monitors it might alieviate a lot of the problems.

Thanks for the suggestion, however I think I'm fairly sure now that it isn't a problem with eyeinfintiy, but as CyBerkut had thought ( thanks again to you! ), actually its crossfire.

This weekend I had some time to really play about with it, and have had "some" success.

First off previous attempts to disengage crossfire hadn't worked and it seems it took a re boot for the new setting to take effect. Once disabled I managed to succesfully add...

1st - My touch screen ( 10" running touch buddy )

2nd- the 2 usb monitors ( these could now play video withou a problem )

So I had my 3x24" monitors creating 1 eyeinfinty group. Then had 3 additional monitors ( 2xusb,1 touch ) all running off the one computer.

I feel a quote from the film Pulp Fiction where Mr Wolf cautions "Lets not start ....... .... ...... ..... just yet Gentlemen"

Pretty much sums it up.

I couldnt get LEAVU to run properly at the same time as the touch screen that was running touch buddy. The game ( which incidentally didnt seem to run any worse after switching off cross fire ) seemed to be struggling and stuttering. I also coulnt get any displays up on the usb monitors from LEAVU.

I then went back to trying to run LEAVU from another networked computer, keeping the single touch screen and the 3x eyeinfinty group on my game machine.

This, for God alone knows why, now doesn't run properly either. I haven't changed any settings since it last ran fine, but now I'm having a nightmare with LEAVU - which I know has nothing to do with this topic so I will stop before I start crying...

Just about ready to give up on this, and just content myself with running DCS A10 with eyeinfinity and my touch screen (without crossfire and teh 2 usb monitors...what a waste! )

Just posting this to let anyone else tempted to try this setup hear my experiences!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

• 11 years later...

It truly is sweet...when it all works! The usb screens I'm using are the Mimo 7" mini monitors ( https://monitormega.com/ ).

They are quite neat and come on their own twist stand ( portrait/landscape), they have just the one output, a twin usb lead ( though it seems to work well just using the one usb ).

The MFD's are from Thrustmaster and again are just plug and play with a usb lead. The MFD's dont fit exactly onto the monitors, but a little black insulating tape soon covers up the overlap!