OT - 2 Great movies of F-1 and Mirage 2000 flying low VERY low

Cool, I've seen the first a billion times, but never the second...thanks!

The Americano's love pullin off Top Gun stunts for Bragging Rights, the Russians love pushing the limits out of their jets flight dynamics, the swiss love swisshing through the snowpeaked alps, and the French love gettin' down low and dirty, skimming the watertops and desert rocks.

KuostASigcopy.png

Cool, haven't yet seen the second one too. Thanks. The french are true masters in low level flying !

Also have you noticed the strong cockpit vibrations during the low flights over land ? That would be something for LOMAC...

Cool, haven't yet seen the second one too. Thanks. The french are true masters in low level flying !

Also have you noticed the strong cockpit vibrations during the low flights over land ? That would be something for LOMAC...

Yes ..teh vibration is very cool also...but i think it exists in any altitude....

and i really love fly very low ... :) and the french pilots really show they are very good in that !

But remenber the Pilots from Argentina do the same think in Malvinas...but with one big diference...they do that with the SHIPS firing back at then :)

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

But remenber the Pilots from Argentina do the same think in Malvinas...but with one big diference...they do that with the SHIPS firing back at then :)

The Argentinians had even to stop flying sea skimming for too long because their windscreens got crusted up with salt ! That must have been a view to remember :)

Their base commander must have been thrilled when he saw those videos- as he watched his next promotion disappear down the pan.

great video...............just like watching the RAF's Jaguar crews

9sqcrest.jpg

90 years of Excellence

wasserfall7go.gif

Anybody notice the stutter, maybe LOMAC got it right after all.....:-)

E el loco

So the slower your PC the more realistic it gets

Btw freeking vid's

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Their base commander must have been thrilled when he saw those videos- as he watched his next promotion disappear down the pan.

great video...............just like watching the RAF's Jaguar crews

He cant indentify WHO are there or WHEN :cool:

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Yes ..teh vibration is very cool also...but i think it exists in any altitude....

and i really love fly very low ... :) and the french pilots really show they are very good in that !

No, they flew at that altitude so that the ships would -not- fire at them... when they would reach the desired distance, they would pop up to fire their exocets. Then, turn around and run. This worked, AFAIK, due to over-the-horizon issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Super Entendard only flew 8 sorties during the war ( 3 2-ship raids with 5 launched Excocet and one aborted 2-ship ). So the majority of the anti-ship work was carried out by Skyhawks and Daggers using dumb bombs ( heavily exposed to AA-fire ).

The first picture is an Dagger raid against the amphibiuos fleet in San Carlos water. The second picture was taken from aboard the HMS Coventry. IRC the bombs of the two Skyhawks in this pictures missed, but about a minute later the ship was attacked by a second flight wich scored 3 1000lb hits. The destroyer sank quickly.

They are not. And a lot of pilots are loosing their license because of these low fly vidéos.

Lol - ala... Top Gun..... `Erm permission to fly head hight`.... Tower : `Thats a negative`.... lol

How do they expect not to get caught then ?

The first picture is an Dagger raid against the amphibiuos fleet in San Carlos water. The second picture was taken from aboard the HMS Coventry. IRC the bombs of the two Skyhawks in this pictures missed, but about a minute later the ship was attacked by a second flight wich scored 3 1000lb hits. The destroyer sank quickly.

Jeez, those are breathtaking shots, very dramatic! I could only imagine see'ing that in real life, in the heat of battle.

KuostASigcopy.png

I agree.

The low flying skill and bravery of the Argentinean pilots was simply amazing.

Some pilots even flew so low that their Mk82's didn't have time to arm. :icon_conf

RAF and RN pilots have the utmost respect for their Argentinean comrades.

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

No, they flew at that altitude so that the ships would -not- fire at them... when they would reach the desired distance, they would pop up to fire their exocets. Then, turn around and run. This worked, AFAIK, due to over-the-horizon issues.

Negative.. GG they flew LOW an very close ..some fligths use DUMB bombs to hit the ships...

And it was a HARD job to do ...

I dont think it is a sensation of any today pilot wanna fell :cool:

EDIT: See MBOT post...he have some pics

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Almost thought you meant their lack of flying skills was amazing, at first :]

Yeah, just read what I had typed earlier. :icon_redf I could have worded it better.

It should say, "The high skill of their low level flying".

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.