keyboard emulator and special keystrokes

Mano

Hi all,

I have this problem with Black Shark and my keyboard emulator.

I'm using PoKeys55t, with pushbutton momentum switches arranged in a matrix keyboard. Pokeys works like a keyboard and joystick emulator and through a software you can set a command to every pin .

I've successfully built and wired a Datalink emulator as a matrix keyboard. It works fine, checked with notepad, keys are correctly assigned and special keys like CTRL, ALT and SHIFT work fine with other keypresses when used in macros.

Sadly, Black Shark doesn't understand them! And I don't know why...It doesn't recognize the use of CTRL or SHIFT or ALT in combination with other keypresses in macros. Moreover, it sometimes understand the kepress CTRL or SHIFT but it "reminds" it, and links it to any other key.

I.e. if I press "SHIFT+A", then I press "B", BlackShark translates it like "SHIFT+B".

I had the same problem with my X52Pro Profiler (SST) and solved it using advanced macros where I could specify key pression and release and timing. But I cannot do this with Pokeys config program.

I could overcome this problem using simple keypresses ("1", "A", ".") not in macros with special keys, but I would be really limited in my cockpit building. For my project (that is a console reproducing the main witches and buttons) I would need at least around 92 keys. Simple keyboard keys are about 90 keys. This is my last resort...it would be really annoying remapping all the keystrokes in the game and to my joystick.

Anyone has the same problem? anyone knows how to solve it? I would like to point that this is a particular issue with BlackShark. With notepad or even Flaming Cliffs 2 it works like a charm.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Edited by Mano

• 2 years later...

This is a very old thread but I'm having the same problem with my pokeys55t. Also, when I try to createa keyboard macro such as {Ctrl}{Shift}b{/Shift}{Ctrl} the release of the shift and ctl keys dissappears when I hit the Write button. Pretty lame. This would be such a useful tool if it worked and I can't find any info on this problem.

I think I figured it out. The pokeys implementation is sending the key, with the modifiers. That is "A, with the ctl and shift modifiers set" vs. sending a ctl, then a shift, then an A, then a shift up, ctl up. The game is probabaly expecting the actual modifier keys by themselves as teh user presses them. I'm reverted to writing a C# application which talks directly to the pokeys via the provided .dll....a better implementation anyways, but it would be nice if macro's worked on every transition instead of only with digital inputs. Then you could write the macro to do it the way DCS expects...