two questions about A10-C and DCS/FC Series

chromium

Hi to all.

NB: I'm not sure if it's better to place this quistion here or in the Ka-50 Forum. move away as you like :)

A. Will be possible or intended by Developer team to migrate the Terrain and Graphic engine of the A10-C release into Black Shark, maybe with a patch?

B. I understand that Ka-50 and A10-c modules will be multiplayer compatible. And What about FC2 and A10-c? Are we going to expect a (dream) cross simulator online playing?

Thanks in advance for the answers, if it's possible to give it :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

A. Will be possible or intended by Developer team to migrate the Terrain and Graphic engine of the A10-C release into Black Shark, maybe with a patch?

That's the way it is planned. We'll know for sure when the Hog is released.

B. I understand that Ka-50 and A10-c modules will be multiplayer compatible. And What about FC2 and A10-c? Are we going to expect a (dream) cross simulator online playing?

Thanks in advance for the answers, if it's possible to give it :)

Not sure on this one.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

thanks for the answer, Sobek :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

What if DCS:BS is patched to match the DCS:A10's terrain, is DCS:BS still compatible with FC2?? I guess not because FC2 does not have the new terrain.

At a guess, I'd suppose that any update for DCS:BS would allow you to keep DCS:BS v1.02, while it installs the updated DCS:BS elsewhere. So DCS:BS v1.02 will still be compatible with FC2 and DCS:BS v1.1 will be compatible with DCS:Warthog. But this is just guesswork on my part.

Nate

or it would be cool to find a way to run multiple versions through a command line and multiple folders with the games. I dunno im just throwing it out there kinda like ArmA you can run multiple versions. so if you wanted to FLY DCS:BS with FC2 you could. But if you cant i wont be sad because the a10 and ka50 will still be my to favorite simulators out to date well i have to ad F4AF as well .

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd prefer it if ED were to focus on 1) the military clients 2) bringen more planes to DCS, to keep improving on FC would (from what I understand) mean diverting a lot of resources (programmers) away from the DCS series, and that would IMO be counterproductive.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Any way you slice it 2 flyables pounding AI is not going to cut it.

I am actually rather optimistic .

Why not? It's one more than we've ever had in a serious study sim before.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Concur. I see FC and DCS as quite different games, compatibility is a nice to have, but at the end of the day the games have quite different styles. I would prefer playable JTAC before FC compatibility.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Any way you slice it 2 flyables pounding AI is not going to cut it.

The way I slice it, that sounds just fine to me. ;)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

We will finalize such plans AFTER A-10C is complete. For now A-10C is our only focus.

Forgive me Wags, I mean no offense here... but isn't that slightly short sighted? This community thrives on the sims multiplayer aspect, if you release DCS: Warthog without MP compatibility with Black Shark then your splitting the community into two different camps, those who want to keep flying rotary and those moving to the A-10C. Are there any plans in the works at the moment exploring the combination of the DCS modules online? DCS is after all a modular system, and thus you would expect those modules it fit with one and other!

DCS aside, how will FC2 factor into things? It's only recently that Black Shark got its online compatibility patch with FC2, are you going to take that away when the A-10C is released? Or will you offer a "map selection" of sorts, wherein Shark pilots could choose between the newer map to fly with the A-10C, or the old map (or current however you view it) so that they may fly with pilots in FC2?

This may seem a trivial issue when you guys are hard at work polishing the new module, but I think this is an important issue for the larger community and I would appreciate it if any further info could be thrown our way regarding it.

:pilotfly:

Lonewolf, the answer to your question is in the part you quoted: "We will finalize such plans AFTER A-10C is complete."

There's still a good bit of work to be done with A-10C and it is folly to make predictions before the work is done or nearly done: especially in this forum where people often take words like "we are thinking about doing X at some point" as "we promise you to have this done by saturday" and then the flamewars start. ED has learned to be careful about saying anything about "the future". :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

[...]

IMHO you are a little fast at assuming things, Wags really didn't say it's going to be one thing or the other.

But you should keep in mind that every patch that is made pushes the next module further out, so patching FC2 would be a two sided sword.

Rest assured that this is no trivial issue to ED, i'm sure that the decision will be made with every aspect in mind and with the goal to do what's best for the community, at a time when it makes sense to divert resources to it. This time is not now, though, for obvious reasons :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

They are focusing all they have on A10C. They decide new feature for A10C based on whether it's benefical for A10C, and not wheter it will be hard to implement in BS as FC2.0. They will not scrap any feature just because it would be hard to implement into the existing product.

After A10C is finalized, the dev team will sit down, make a list of changes that would have to be made to make A10C mp comapatibile with BS/FC2.0. Make a rough estimate of how long it would take, and then decide whether it's going or not going to be mp compatibile.

Imho ED would love to have them mp compatibile, it's a nice feature, that can attract costumers.

• Like 1

I honestly can't see them NOT making it MP compatible.

I think it's a concern that shouldn't be one. Seriously, if they make BS MP compatible with FC2, why on earth would they not make A10C compatible with BS? FC2 isn't their "baby" relatively speaking, DCS is.

I really think that it's safe to assume that all DCS modules being MP compatible with each other is a given.

The stated DCS plan is to have all DCS "modules" compatible, the "Plan" is to update BS to the Warthog engine.

The question is rather will FC2 get a free upgrade to the Warthog engine. Personally I think this is a big thing to ask. But we'll see after DCS:-WH gets released.

Nate

I think the FC2 patch is supposed to be the last of it's patches, hence the label Ver2, not 1.2 or 1.3. I honestly can see any more of ED's time being spent on the FC title. IMHO there resources will be spent on maintaining DCS compatibility.