3 quick questions from a (relative) newbie..

Hi guys, I am getting back into Black Shark in a big way, after a break of a year or so. Hope you can answer some questions for me: ( Rather than open 3 threads, I have grouped them all here)

1) Where can i get the digital camo skin? All links seem dead

2) When using the rudders, what is the trick to stop the helo swinging back the other way after you get to where you want to be pointing and release the rudders?

3) How do I unlock a target, for instance after I have destroyed with a missile? I cant see any command for this in the options

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers, Mark

i7 950 4.2ghz, 6GB Corsair 1600 hz, GTX580, Asus Sabertooth, Win 7 64 bit. 260.99 drivers

2) Study the trimmer. When at the attidude and heading you want to be at, trim.

3) You can hit the lock key again, or zoom out.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thx Ethereal, I do have some questions re the trimmer. I have been reading extensively here on the forums and on the net with you tube guides etc and cant make my mind up about the best way to use it. There seem to be 2 schools of thought- One like yours that use it everytime you do any kind of manouvre, the other that says just use it as a kind of once in awwhile thing, like for instance to lock yourself nose down for forward motion, so you dont have to keep the stick pressed forward.

I appreciate that this has probably been done to death, but is there a clear consise, condensed summary of trim and its use ? Most threads seem to be at least 10 pages long and full of conflicting ideas....

the other trim question is should you just trim the cyclic, or the rudders as well?

I can see the logic of the continual useage, but it gets very fiddly contstantly pressing and holding..

And thats brings me to a final question - is it best to press once quickly when the manouvre is done, or hold it down at the start of the manouvre and release at the end?

matt Wagner in his video guides for instance seems to imply that you dont use it much at all, Others here say use it all the time...

I am a little confused!

Regarding the lock, I tried pressing the lock key again, but I still had the target boxed and the "C" symbol indicated...

Cheers,Mark

i7 950 4.2ghz, 6GB Corsair 1600 hz, GTX580, Asus Sabertooth, Win 7 64 bit. 260.99 drivers

when you hit the trgt key move the tdc and tht will break the lock

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

There seem to be 2 schools of thought- One like yours that use it everytime you do any kind of manouvre, the other that says just use it as a kind of once in awwhile thing, like for instance to lock yourself nose down for forward motion, so you dont have to keep the stick pressed forward.

The school of thought applied by real-life Ka-50 pilots is: trim often. When not trimming: trim. I've got trim on my pinky-switch, meaning that I can trim anytime I want without any negative impact on my access to other functions.

People that trim "once in a while" usually fly with Flight Director on, which disables the AP stuff and leaves only the dampers active. I personally don't like this.

Here's what I do:

1) I am in level flight.

2) I press-and-hold trim.

3) I perform my turn/maneuver.

4) I reach at my desired heading and attitude, get stable, release trim.

5) I am once again in level flight.

the other trim question is should you just trim the cyclic, or the rudders as well?

Trim affects both.

Note that releasing the trimmer while at a turn rate of less than three degrees per second will cause the AP channel to try to hold that heading. Releasing at a turn rate greater than three degrees per second causes it to hold that turn. (So it is possible to enter a turn, release trim, fly the turn hands-off, then exit the turn and trim again.)

I can see the logic of the continual useage, but it gets very fiddly contstantly pressing and holding..

To be honest, I barely notice that I'm trimming. It's something I "just do". The fact that it's on the stick makes it very accessible and easy once you've gotten used to it.

And thats brings me to a final question - is it best to press once quickly when the manouvre is done, or hold it down at the start of the manouvre and release at the end?

Depends, really. If you want to be able to go hands-off mid-maneuver, the "tap" method is required. If you will be maneuvering continuously you can hold it. For example, if I am making a gentle turn into base leg I'll just tap it, same if I'm making minor corrections while in level flight. If I am performing evasive maneuvers or aerobatics, I usually hold it down.

Regarding the lock, I tried pressing the lock key again, but I still had the target boxed and the "C" symbol indicated...

Try moving the gate while unlocking.

Generally though, I seldom use unlocks - the laser wants it's cooldown, so a burning wreck will drop out soon enough anyhow.

matt Wagner in his video guides for instance seems to imply that you dont use it much at all,

Was a long time since I watched Matt's videos, but he did not give me that impression.

That said though - you wouldn't trim unless you have to, and a well-planned flight will include a lot of straight-and-level flying. If properly trimmed (or being in full autopilot) you can easily fly for a long time without trimming. I have, for example, done things like trim up for 250km/h at 100m AGL and then go outside or make a coffee, then return 10 minutes later and the AP channels have kept it well enough to still be flying the way I left it. (Obviously though, there is always the risk of minor imbalance or terrain making you crash while outside, so I don't recommend doing that in a situation where you "care", but it can be done.)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ethereal, thanks for the input, I will try as you suggest and see how I get on with each method, really appreciate the quick and in depth answers, great forum!

Cheers, Mark

Mark,

You might want to download and watch the tracks in this thread, too. Be sure to turn on the controls graphic (R-CTRL ENTER) and listen for the trimmer sound. They helped me understand trimming better and contain some good techniques for practice.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS