THE MUSIC THREAD

asparagin

Something was missing in this part of the forums, so I thought of opening this thread, where everyone can post new or old music findings- videos or just music and also comment (the contents..don't comment the taste!)

Please just don't post links to illegal contents.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I'll start with something that I found lately:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Great idea, aspargin.

Interesting band this one, had never heard of it. Not really my favourite approach, but they are quite good in what they're doing. Where's it from, anyway?

Well, my contributions are scarce and not new to anyone, but I have to say this is one of the best rock bands around. When you get people from three distinct areas and approaches together (Brendan Benson, Jack White from The White Stripes, Patrick Keeler and Jack Lawrence from The Greenhornes), things just go wild.

Both their albuns, Broken Boy Soldiers (2006) and Consolers of the Lonely (2008 ) are some great material, really worth checking. I like the variety of their songs. They have hard rock (Salute Your Solution), slow blues (Blue Veins), ballads (Many Shades of Black) and everything else. It's stuff for all tastes.

These videos are from 2008's Glastonbury festival, which had a brilliant performance from them. There are other videos of it on YouTube, for those interested.

And for those who said rock n' roll is dead, well, salute your solution :D

Where's it from, anyway?

They're from australia, I have the "Conditions" album, I like it because of the mood.

Thx for posting your videos, interesting to listen what others listen.:thumbup:

Spoiler

One thing I would be interesting in is sources for royalty-free music that can be used in official videos.

What sort of music would that have to be?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Reposting from forum.51st.org

Here's some great new song I have found!

"Push The Envelope!"

videoclip:

<---- open now! HD available

Lyrics:

As man we try

To go beyond

The realm of expectations

Beyond the pale

Extend the scope

Of our imaginations

Higher further & faster

Just how far can we go?

Mathematics & Perfection

Fuels our desire to know

We’ve built machines

In the extreme

Defied the realms of reason

Escaped the pull of gravity

& even changed the seasons

How much higher can we go?

How much faster can we go?

Just how much further can we go?

The Oceans we’ve sailed them,

The Mountains, we’ve climbed them,

Distance, we’ve shrunk it,

The sky, we fly it,

The moon, we’ve been there

The stars? we’re on our way

Grey matter's at work

We’ve shaped the past

Innovation is under control

The science it moves along so fast

Now survival is the goal

We strive to grow

Desire to know

We learn from our pitfalls

Continually PUSH THE ENVELOPE

Innovation it has no walls

& in our minds we see

Fantastic things beyond our dreams

We know no boundaries

Expand our scope

Push The Envelope

We live in hope

Push The Envelope

We’re on the outside

Enjoy the ride

Keep Pushing That Envelope

Expand our scope

Push The Envelope

We live in hope

Push The Envelope

We’re on the outside

Enjoy the ride

Keep Pushing That Envelope

The sky, we fly it,

The sky, we fly it,

Today’s become our future

Today’s become our future

OUR FUTURE!

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

One thing I would be interesting in is sources for royalty-free music that can be used in official videos.

I know this page:

http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/

Spoiler

If you're not into instrumental progressive rock/fusion/jazz (or whatever these guys might fall into) then these videos are not for you, if you are however, do yourself the favour and watch. Two of the most incredible guitar prodigies of today, IMHO.

Come let's eat grandpa!

If you're not into instrumental progressive rock/fusion/jazz (or whatever these guys might fall into) then these videos are not for you, if you are however, do yourself the favour and watch. Two of the most incredible guitar prodigies of today, IMHO.

DUDE! GG is awesome!:thumbup::clap_2:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Anybody heard of freeplaymusic.com? EDIT: Just read that a paid license is needed for advertising, but they have a massive collection nonetheless.

Edited by Avilator

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

what about some bad ass rock, I imaging a muscle car jumping trough a giant banner each time i play this!

What about this guy playing ace combat music!

another ace combat :doh: dcs su-27 with a tune like this would be orgasmic

That last video reminds me of

:)

Lot's of people go on about QUOTSA but you don't hear much praise for kyuss nowadays :megalol:

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

I'm not very into instrumental music, but there's always room for Eric Johnson on my playlist. I wouldn't call him a "prodigy of today" though, as he recorded his first album in 1978.

Guthire Govan is a son of a b*. The guy can shred and actually make it look and, most important, sound cool. Not many guys can do that. Although I can't stand technical virtuosis music for more than 3 minutes, I respect this guy a lot (I'll probably be flamed by some guitarrists soon :D)

Recently I've gone for simplicity above everything. After constant headaches looking for "the perfect tone", techniques and all that bullsh*t, I've found my way into simple, straight to the point music. Quite a lot of modern mainstream bands have been doing stupidly simple and nice music, and I can't get tired of it.

Easily my favourite (ATM, might change soon, as usual :P) is The White Stripes. A two-piece band that sounds louder than many 5-member ones. Whatever, Jack White's 3-chord songs eat hyper-fast shredding at breakfast. No cheesy eletronic drums, no clean and behaved playing, just plain old rock n' roll :D. Way too much punch

And when it comes to live performances, well, they are the ones to beat.

My personal favourite, a very silly and simple song, Hotel Yorba :)

And another very cool one, from the same concert (Under Blackpool Lights, DVD)

I'm not very into instrumental music, but there's always room for Eric Johnson on my playlist. I wouldn't call him a "prodigy of today" though, as he recorded his first album in 1978.

Not in the sense of child prodigy, obviously, but a prodigy nontheless (IMHO).

Come let's eat grandpa!

Yes, absolutely.

The note was because of the "today".

One thing I like about Eric Johnson is how careful he is with the tone. He looks after every single thing - and I stress the every. There are stories about EJ removing the screw under the Fuzz Face so it would sound a different way, or putting a wooden block under an overdrive pedal to make it sound like this or that, and similar stuff. It's funnily interesting.

To not let this thread sink into oblivion, now for something completely different:

The excellent austrian beatboxing/vocal group "Bauchklang":

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

A couple ones from home.

If you're into either Brazilian music or Blues, this is for you :)

Celso Blues Boy is easily our greatest name when it comes to blues.

Here is an awesome version (my favourite) of the classic "Aquarela do Brasil", by Ary Barroso. I uploaded it specially for you, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :). (By the way, the city in the picture is Rio de Janeiro, with its magnificent beaches, hills and atmosphere)

Bossa Nova + Blues

Straight from the northeast:

And a very, very old Blues recording, "Cavaquinho Boogie", by Garôto (1915-1955).