THE MUSIC THREAD

asparagin

Damn. My memory must be getting really bad. The Joe Jackson show I saw was last year. Time goes by way to fast.

Look what I found, the show I saw.

The video quality sucks but the pictures I took came out worse.

This was in a very small, actual theater. It only seats about a thousand people and that is including the balconies. The place is just shy of 100 years old IIRC.

It was probably close to being destroyed during the riots in the 1960's. Most of the businesses in that area were abandoned due to violence in the area. This theater and Ben's Chili Bowl (which serves the finest chili in the world) stayed and survived. In fact, Ben's never even closed, the theater did as did most everything else in the area. They probably served more police officers than anyone else at that time. Ben's front door is about 50 feet from the theater.

Jimmy-Fallon-at-Bens-Chili-Bowl.jpg

Btw, for anyone in the area. This chili is so good that I carried a gallon of it home on the subway the night I saw Joe Jackson. I mail order from them as well. I have about six pints of their chili in the freezer right now. There is also a fabulous Ethiopian restaurant just down the block too.

EDIT: We need a food thread in Chit Chat.

EDIT2: Yes, one of their hats is in my collection.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Look what I found, the show I saw.

Wow, cool!

EDIT: We need a food thread in Chit Chat.

Well, there was this attempted flame war of US vs Russian planes that turned into...

Because It's Bacon! :D

Edit: Sorry, completely forgot this was the music thread.

These guys were headliners last weekend (I went to see "Der Rest"). I'd never even heard of them but found them surprisingly cool despite this not being my favorite type of punk:

Fliehende Stürme - Alles Falsch

Edited by Yurgon

Again, a little hard for my taste but not bad at all.

Yes, I was stunned to find the concert I had seen on YouTube. It is not the first time though.

If you like electric violin... I was present for this show.

I saw this one, but not in Berlin.

I saw this in a 300 seat club. The Hamilton is one of my favorite venues. I will be seeing a Talking Heads cover band

Start Making Sense next week.

Somewhere on this forum is a pic of me with my arm around her. I was too old and she was too young but it was a pleasant experience.

If you watch all of the parts, this is the entire show which includes an awesome MJ cover of Beat It though I think the one from Berlin is better.

A friend of mine that plays the violin says she misses a note here and there but she is still amazed that she can play as well as she does while dancing.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you like electric violin... I was present for this show.

There's a picture with the two of you taken after that concert (or was it before?) buried somewhere in this thread, isn't there? ;)

Regarding the electric violin, there's this pretty big wave of bands combining heavy metal with medieval type music and instruments, which started some time in the 90s and is still quite strong today, at least in Germany.

I've seen these guys a couple of times. I'm not a big fan, but they totally ruled one open air gig where it was raining so crazy that the power went out. The singer, without any amps or PA and almost in the dark, kept the crowd of maybe 3000 people happy for 20 or 30 minutes until the power was restored and they could continue, and they sent everyone home happy, although the entire audience was soaked to their panties. We didn't care, we'd seen a great live performance and everybody had had a great time. ;)

Letzte Instanz - Rapunzel

It was before. My search did not find it.

She is adorable and a little tiny person. I was stunned by meeting her.

This is awesome stuff too.

Edited by cichlidfan

It was before. My search did not find it.

Currently listening to the third one you posted; her take on the Lord of the Rings theme is amazing! Well, actually, pretty much everything she plays is amazing. ;)

Your previous post is not lost, but the picture seems to be:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1559622&postcount=680

(I don't know why, but I recalled the description "easy on the eyes", which made the search rather quick. Not a bad choice of words, BTW :D)

I will have to look through my files. I know I did not get rid of the pic but I might have flushed it from my online stuff.

She is/was adorable. Such a tiny little thing with some amazing talent.

EDIT: Seeing nearly two hours of her material, in an excellent venue was fantastic. I actually waited in line, in cold weather to get in and get a good seat.

This place sells seated or standing room tickets. There are no reserved seats so you are on your own when you arrive.

I still can't find the pic we are talking about but I did come across this one. B.B.King about a year before he passed away.

BBking_zpsgrcflwhg.jpg

One of the greats that we have lost.

He was playing with Peter Frampton at this show. The two of them together were absolutely amazing.

Yes, I know the pic sucks.

Edited by cichlidfan

Something actually recorded in Germany and meant for the audience.

Not, rock, punk or anything else. just awesome.

EDIT: I will swear that she is more attractive now than when I met her, and she looked really good back then.

Also keep in mind that she is a Mormon so 'sex, drugs and rock n roll' don't fit into her lifestyle at all.

Edited by cichlidfan

Another thing that makes me not make judgements.

Lady Gaga is one of those performers that I always ignored, until I saw this.

I had no idea she had this much talent.

A little heavy for my tastes...

How about this one;

S_aa0eaTZ0s

more here

or

wgVXracm_ng

or, lol

0A9YWekJ8KM

:D or, or

I don't usually encourage x-posting, but these definitely belong to the Music Thread as well; I almost missed this thread. :D

Happy holidays to y'all! :santa:

I hear you, so here is the link

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2993051&postcount=4

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Mvsgas, you have posted many vids over the years. They are way to heavy for me. You and Snoopy both listen to stuff that is a lot harder than I can handle.

Like I told Yurgon...my limits stop at old Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper and such. I can't keep up with you young folks.

EDIT: You have seen what I have posted lately. I am a wimp when it comes to hard R&R,

Just trying to get a laugh, apologies. :D

I concede and present some DIO (upside down for Devil, look at their logo :D)

ZELjIqHQlUY

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Just trying to get a laugh, apologies. :D

No problem. I actually appreciate the humor.

I am just an old fart who does not get the stuff you guys like.

Alice Cooper or Ozzy screaming into the mike work for me but some of this new stuff is beyond me.

Btw, Happy Holidays. I always find you post interesting and informative.

No problem. I actually appreciate the humor.

I am just an old fart who does not get the stuff you guys like.

Alice Cooper or Ozzy screaming into the mike work for me but some of this new stuff is beyond me.

Btw, Happy Holidays. I always find you post interesting and informative.

[ATTACH]153959[/ATTACH]

Thanks

To whom it may concern,

Well, how about this guys? I mean, credit where is due, these guys are amazing on their own right. Here is an old video I think I have posted a dozen times;

G2Y_6xRDP4U

To whom it may concern,

Many of you will think I am crazy, but I compare some metal to the likes of James Brown. Why? Well, They represent an emotion, they are all about the rhythm and you can't understand neither of them.

vruy2GRUsV8

To whom it may concern,

:P:D

otCpCn0l4Wo

rog8ou-ZepE

y38Ec57yMG8

63ZIf2H9S0E

l-O5IHVhWj0

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Well, how about this guys? I mean, credit where is due, these guys are amazing on their own right. Here is an old video I think I have posted a dozen times;

To quote Frank Barone....Holy Crap!!! That is nice. Thanks.

This is the kind of stuff that would have scared my mother.

Edited by cichlidfan

Another vid that just blew me away. Robert Downey Jr. might be a better singer than he is an actor.

The guy on lead guitar is pretty damn awesome too.

Edited by cichlidfan

Another amazing one that includes Lady Gaga.

Aside from when I saw them on the 50 tour (which will probably stand as the most expensive ticket I will ever buy @ around $600 each), this is probably the finest rendition of this tune.

The price of tickets now makes me laugh sometimes. In the late 1970's I paid $10 to see Led Zeppelin and, at the time, it was the most expensive concert ticket I had ever purchased.

Edited by cichlidfan

Good points about Lady Gaga. These vids may have been the first time I actually saw her. ;)

I've seen some pretty intense black and death metal concerts in my time. This type of music has evolved massively in the past one or maybe two decades. Stuff that new bands just have to be able to play would have been beyond anyone's capabilites (or, more importantly, imagination) not too long ago, like that insane double bass play in the Divine Heresy vid above.

My most expensive concert was Metallica touring with the Black album; I think I paid something like 30 $ in today's currency. ;)

That album is still among my favorites, especially the latter part that wasn't played to death on MTV and radio.

Metallica - Of Wolf And Man

Metallica - The God That Failed

Jason's bass play totally carries this one:

Metallica - My Friend Of Misery

I think the band's sound was never as complete as on this album. From beginning to end, it's just awesome. Speaking of the end, the grand finale:

Metallica - The Struggle Within