THE MUSIC THREAD

asparagin

• 2 weeks later...
Could anyone please explain to me what components of this band could have hooked a non-rock acid techno fan like me?

Oh wow they have so much energy! Must have watched that video at least half a dozen times since you posted it.

The singer is amazing. Both guitarists nail it, as does the bass player, and the drums are great as well. But failing any real explanation, I'd just say it's the raw power they're emanating.

I find myself in a different, yet similar spot. Never like electronic music. Rock is just fine in any way, shape or form, but electronic...

However, this "Look mum, no computer" dude, who has been represented in this very thread, is certainly fascinating, though I don't know why.

Gonna see him live tomorrow (granted, the venue is just across the street and chances are I might even get free admission ;) ).

Not exactly a music video, but both entertaining and enlightening:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh wow they have so much energy! Must have watched that video at least half a dozen times since you posted it.

The singer is amazing. Both guitarists nail it, as does the bass player, and the drums are great as well. But failing any real explanation, I'd just say it's the raw power they're emanating.

I find myself in a different, yet similar spot. Never like electronic music. Rock is just fine in any way, shape or form, but electronic...

However, this "Look mum, no computer" dude, who has been represented in this very thread, is certainly fascinating, though I don't know why.

Gonna see him live tomorrow (granted, the venue is just across the street and chances are I might even get free admission ;) ).

Not exactly a music video, but both entertaining and enlightening:

[YOUTUBE]4SAGYo-B8Ws[/YOU TUBE]

Yes, energy is probably it! At least partially. I think I also find that..., I don't know, Vietnam-era vibe in rock music (that rabbit hole song for example), appealing.

Energetic... Yeah... This reminded me... If at 5 o'clock in the morning on my way to the factory I'm going to hear Red Hot ...- Californication *again*, I swear I'm going to jump out of the running vehicle! ;D

Duuuude! If LMNC hooked you up, you've got to check out those analogue synthesisers!

Watch "Introducing big, fat, warp drive POLY D" on YouTube -

Watch "Introducing the CRAVE Synthesizer" on YouTube -

As for LMNC, he is a ball of fire! And an educator at that! If only I get some free time, I've got to make meself one of these!

Watch "Collin's Lab: Atari Punk Console" on YouTube -

Watch "The simplest DIY Oscillator? Synth Project PART 2" on YouTube -

Watch "Adding CV to the Atari Punk Console" on YouTube -

3 or 4 of those and after a week I should be able to crack out something like this easily!

Watch "TB-303 & TR-808 & Syntecno Acid Techno Trance" on YouTube -

Starting from 2:10.

Also, please share info on the LMNC venue!!! I'm in Munich area right now!

To any metal head I'd recommend checking out the pioneers. Tangerine Dream, JMR, Kraftwerk...

Speaking of which! DI.fm features at least two relevant retro-focused channels. Electronics, Electronic Pioneers. It's free but requires registration.

Edited by Bucic

went to Hans Zimmer concert in Lisbon yesterday. Here's a similar concert on youtube from the 2018 tour.

DrZfsdNovYA

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think I also find that..., I don't know, Vietnam-era vibe in rock music (that rabbit hole song for example), appealing.

Oh man, that is sooo true!

The 60s and 70s were so incredibly creative in terms of music, I keep discovering stuff that's older than me and I love it!

Energetic... Yeah... This reminded me... If at 5 o'clock in the morning on my way to the factory I'm going to hear Red Hot ...- Californication *again*, I swear I'm going to jump out of the running vehicle! ;D

The Chili Peppers used to be totally amazing up until Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Some of the greatest songs on the album never went as big as Give It Away and of course Under The Bridge.

This is certainly one of my favorites (sorry for the mutilated lyrics...)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss

The next album was kinda okay in my book (though I don't even remember how it was called).

And with that, they should have retired.

Duuuude! If LMNC hooked you up, you've got to check out those analogue synthesisers!

That was definitely fascinating. :)

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the Look Mum No Computer concert; the guy who offered to get me free admission didn't even get admission himself and he was pretty pissed. That kinda dragged me down as well and we never went.

As for LMNC, he is a ball of fire! And an educator at that! If only I get some free time, I've got to make meself one of these!

I sure hope he's coming back some day, I'd still love to see him live (and I'm pretty mad at myself I missed this awesome opportunity).

Also, please share info on the LMNC venue!!! I'm in Munich area right now!

In Hannover, he played in a club called Lux, which is just across the street from where I live. Not my favorite club in town, but they do get great artists every now and then.

Coming back to raw power, I watched this guy by the name of James Leg some 2 years ago.

2 nights ago, when a friend told me "check out tonight's concert, you might like it", I was exhausted and cold and only wanted to cook a tea, grab a blanked and call it a day -- holy smokes, James Leg's gonna be live on stage in... right about now! Screw it, gotta go. When I arrived, I'd only missed a song or two and it was another brilliant concert. I honestly don't know how he still has a voice. ;)

James Leg - Casa De Fuego

Edited by Yurgon

It always amazes me when I discover an artist/musician that has been around for a long time but I never noticed. Example: Paul Gilbert

Some of you Metal Heads might know Mr. Big.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It always amazes me when I discover an artist/musician that has been around for a long time but I never noticed. Example: Paul Gilbert

Same here, but in a different context. I noticed him when I was following some of the Marco Minnemann suggestions on Youtube. ;)

Paul Gilbert & Marco Minnemann - The Jackhammer

Some sensual progressive house (?)

Watch "RICO PUESTEL - AS FAR AS WE COULD • pure* records" on YouTube -

Watch "CamelPhat, Jem Cooke - Rabbit Hole (Audio)" on YouTube -

Electronica - masterpieces for SF fans

Phobium - Crossing The Heliopause !!

Watch "Hecq - Formless" on YouTube -

Wojciech Golczewski - The Puppet's Dream [Official Video] - YouTube

Pete Namlook - Air [full album] - YouTube !!

Edited by Bucic

On the ArsTechnica article about the Top Gun II trailer someone posted this:

[Youtube]335GdTqtyLs

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Alice "the voice of liquid gold" Fredenham :)

Watch "Alice Fredenham - Crazy in Love" on YouTube -

Watch "Alice Fredenham - How come you don't call" on YouTube -

Edited by Bucic