Data link and Skhval

Conure

Hey all,

Another question from the persistent noobie :)

Basically, I'm trying to get to grips with the data link and the shkval sensor. Am I right in thinking the DL is not just for sending data to wingmen, but also for saving target points for my own use, should I find myself solo?

Secondly, if I lock a target from a distance and I am south of the target, then sneak round to the west of the target, hover up and uncage skhval then it will automatically pan to the point I have on the datalink, however it is often just off the mark meaning I cannot instantly fire. I presume this is because it is attempting to face the same coordinates but from a different angle, and as it's not a perfect system has difficulty? Is there a way to compensate, or do I just need to be quick with the slew/lock?

Finally, the only way I can manage to get my skhval to auto slew to the target, is to go through a process of selecting the point I have set on the DL (Say, tank target one), disabling the sensor then uncaging it from standby. Is there a way I can make it auto slew when it is online? Uncage seems to just flick between autoscan and normal mode!

Thanks very much

Conure

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Great questions, I've been wondering the the exact same thing. Better answers than mine would be appreciated.

lso for saving target points for my own use, should I find myself solo?

Yes, or even better, sending your wingman on recon and then getting him to DL to you.

presume this is because it is attempting to face the same coordinates but from a different angle, and as it's not a perfect system has difficulty?

I believe so. After uncaging pressing the target lock to send out a laser pulse to get an accurate range may help.

Is there a way I can make it auto slew when it is online?

I hope so; though I don't know how either.

The datalink system must be placed into standby before the ingress/uncage auto slew will work. Sorry.

Yes the inu system can be very precice - i find that often i will come directly to the target i had previously slaved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

Thanks for the clarification! If the ABRIS and pvi-800 are entirely independent then why do the target boxes flash on the ABRIS yet the PVI locks onto them? Are the DL and PVI-800 connected, and the ABRIS just gives a visual display (albeit not in anyway linked)?

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

ABRIS only reads information from other AC systems, it does not send info back.

1) Uncage Shkval, slave over target, lase, confirm range accuracy.

2) Hit one of the first row of buttons on Datalink and then Send To Memory to store the position.

3) Reset targeting system, move to another position.

4) Hit one of the first row of buttons on Datalink until the desired mark is flashing on ABRIS.

5) Press DL Ingress button. Target type button light will turn off, ABRIS will show a cross on desired mark.

6) Uncage Shkval, it will point to the target position.

7) If you are heading more than 90 degrees away from the target, hit Turn to Target button (best while hovering) so the heli will turn its nose towards target.

• Like 1

Does that not just deselect and select the target type? That's been my experience in the past when I've tried it.

Pressing the target type DL button cycles each target of that type in memory only after selecting a wingman. You select the target type by pressing the appropriate DL button, then select the wingman (or all wingmen) to receive the data, then go back and press the target type button again to cycle through targets of that type in memory before actually sending the information. I have to admit that I do not know if you can do this if you have no wingmen - will have to try this out...

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

ABRIS only reads information from other AC systems, it does not send info back.

1) Uncage Shkval, slave over target, lase, confirm range accuracy.

2) Hit one of the first row of buttons on Datalink and then Send To Memory to store the position.

3) Reset targeting system, move to another position.

4) Hit one of the first row of buttons on Datalink until the desired mark is flashing on ABRIS.

5) Press DL Ingress button. Target type button light will turn off, ABRIS will show a cross on desired mark.

6) Uncage Shkval, it will point to the target position.

7) If you are heading more than 90 degrees away from the target, hit Turn to Target button (best while hovering) so the heli will turn its nose towards target.

Thank you!! That is great, I can finally do pop up attacks!