AB Fences, Buildings, and other static objects texture mod.

Looks damn good, Mustang!

I have a thought, however: it could do with some weathering and cracks, especially along the sides I think.

The black part between the white middle strips looks like it's been scraped and re-painted not too long ago. It should wear down to the same colour as the rest of the road relatively fast.

• Like 1

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks damn good, Mustang!

I have a thought, however: it could do with some weathering and cracks, especially along the sides I think.

Thanks, i hope the manual install wasn't too tricky :)

Yes, i agree, i like to have weathered textures too, but with the resolution i'm working at it's hard to do.

That'll be something for the super high res version in future ;)

First of all THX once again for this great modifikation !!

But in my case, those beautiful streets donґt :( - at least not with BlackShark

I installed as we are supposed to do but those streets stay grey as before.... Any idea?

dcseu2l.jpg

Thx for hints or tips

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

This, I like! I'll be using it.

If I have SimMod's terrain installed, will this replace it?

Ie, is this an actual terrain mod or does this only replace the road textures?

Nope, it's a CDDS with just the road textures in it... if you install it via the instructions, it will only replace the roads.

First of all THX once again for this great modifikation !!

But in my case, those beautiful streets donґt :( - at least not with BlackShark

I installed as we are supposed to do but those streets stay grey as before.... Any idea?

Thx for hints or tips

S@uDepp

Hi S@uDepp, for DCS Black Shark you need to make sure that you have the following lines in you graphicsbs.cfg file, i've highlighted them so you can see what i mean

graphicsbs.jpg

and heres what it looks like when its running in DCS

screenshot141rx.jpg

screenshot142p.jpg

screenshot143l.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Ay caramba :doh:

It was the wrong ini :( .....

THX for the hint ... sometimes its so hard to be myself :chair:

How could I oversee the subtle naming of this file ....

Greets

S@uDepp

Edited by S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Partly my fault too, i should of put that information for DCS in the information.txt file and example.jpg within the package (but in my defense, this was a a release for FC2.0, not DCS ;))

Hope you've got it all working now :)

Edited by Mustang

Mustang I can not see the new roads.

I followed your read me and still have Grey roads.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Mastiff, is this with DCS or FC2.0?

FC2.0

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

...ok ... streets donґt do it right at my rig, looks like they stay the same as before the mod.....

streetsdcsq9xv.jpg

Must be overdubed by some of the other mods.... Iґll have a look the other days...

Greets

S@uDepp

Edited by S@uDepp

Same problem here, I even tried putting the TGA texture files in temptextures.

Then I launch su-25 or f-15 or su-27 quick start mission, and can't find any roads with lines on them.

Same with black shark.

Anyone who knows which mod conflicts, please post :) Too many to bother testing.

Extract from my graphics_bs.cfg from ka-50:

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\Road_Textures_Black_v2.cdds";

spring = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\Road_Textures_Black_v2.cdds";

summer = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\Road_Textures_Black_v2.cdds";

autumn = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\Road_Textures_Black_v2.cdds";

winter = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\Road_Textures_Black_v2.cdds";

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Not every road has the white lines on it. Only the highways IIRC. Some of them are unmarked. Check the CDDS for yourself. ;)

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

...ok ... streets donґt do it right at my rig, looks like they stay the same as before the mod.....

streetsdcsq9xv.jpg

Must be overdubed by some of the other mods.... Iґll have a look the other days...

Greets

S@uDepp

I developed this mod with the stock terrain textures in mind, those grassy parts around the sides were left there on purpose.

If you like, i can make another version with those parts removed ;)

edit: give this a tryout S@uDepp http://www.mediafire.com/?bdcnzm5sa5akbgc

Edited by Mustang

Donґt misunderstand - the first verision is the one I (!) would prefer - no sharp borders and not every road with white markings.....

BUT - I was not able to find at least one road in "highway" style within several minutes of searching (at least I dindґt find one at all). Thats why I think it did not work correct in my (maybe specific) situation.

The ones who looked right from some distance turned out to be railroads from a closer view :(

Nevertheless it would be great if only a view streets were marked as highways - just like in real life - so I will use the forthcoming version just to check out if it works.

THX for the support!

Greets

S@uDepp

EDIT: ok Iґm out - finally found one of them :) So as an advice for all "non-higway-founders" - keep on searching... go for greater citys!

Like in my case have a look around the city where the enemiesґs artillery comes from (battelbenchmark.trk)

streetslawj.jpg

Edited by S@uDepp

...ok ... I cannot leave it well alone :D

I will try it later - weather is fine at the moment... have to ride my motorbike :cold: ......

Feedback will follow!

THX again and again....

S@uDepp

Great job, as usual, Mustang.

The atmosphere improvements of roads, buildings, fences, etc., make the low flying experience even better.

Personal comment about adding road markings to all roads: If all markings are identical, all roads will look like two lane, one way streets. My personal preference is to have a distinction between roads and highways. I made a ModMan compatible addon of the current version for FC2 and Blackshark as v2.0 does the trick for me. Anyway, I'll continue to use some version of this mod, as it is a welcomed improvement.

Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 2

Great job, as usual, Mustang.

The atmosphere improvements of roads, buildings, fences, etc., make the low flying experience even better.

Personal comment about adding road markings to all roads: If all markings are identical, all roads will look like two lane, one way streets. My personal preference is to have a distinction between roads and highways. I made a ModMan compatible addon of the current version for FC2 and Blackshark as v2.0 does the trick for me. Anyway, I'll continue to use some version of this mod, as it is a welcomed improvement.

Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for the complements ReOrdain :thumbup:

Regarding the lines on all roads....well, now theres 2 versions, one with some and one with all markings, people can make their own choice :)

BTW how the heck did you manage to get MODMAN to write all 4 lines for the graphics.cfg/graphicsbs.cfg?

Edited by Mustang

BTW how the heck did you manage to get MODMAN to write all 4 lines for the graphics.cfg/graphicsbs.cfg?

I didn't, I cheated. I made two versions in ModMan with the single Road_textures_black_v2.cdds file. The only difference between the two are the readme(s) crediting you, and instructions to modify either the graphics.cfg in FC2, or the graphics_bs.cfg in Blackshark. Because added lines in those two files don't affect gameplay, frames, etc., and servers don't integrity check them, I simply copy the reference file locations and leave them there.

No conflicts with other mods this way, but also, FC2 and BS don't bother with meinit or the graphics files in the way the previous incarnations did, therefore, it's all good :thumbup:. I suppose, if one wanted to, one could also include the necessary graphic.cfg file with either version.

Shoot me a PM if you want them emailed.