AB Fences, Buildings, and other static objects texture mod.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's a personal preference thing, i wanted to make the roads this way, i cannot please everyone :)

There is another version i made, although it's a lower resolution version, it has less road markings (only on main roads) http://files.lockon.ru/en/388/

It's because this mod requires 4 lines to be entered into either the graphics.cfg (FC2.0) or graphicsbs.cfg (DCS Black Shark) for it to function.

MODMAN cannot do this, it can only generate one line automatically, hence the need for a manual install.

Hi Mustang,

First thing I do is package mods when I get them before installing :) I love modman it's so easy to test versions and take them on and off.

Sorry I can't post the package it's too big, and I don't want to post some of your work to the lockonfiles or fileexchange.

Just see the screenshots below and you can do it.

1. Create the mod, add the cdds as per the first screenshot.

2. Click the CFG button

3. Set it up like the second screenshot.

4. Do the same for FC2 - but change the graphics.cfg file instead of graphics_bs.cfg

attachment.php?attachmentid=42866&d=1286345646

attachment.php?attachmentid=42867&d=1286345646

Cheers and thanks again for the roads, I will try the new one with more markings.

ps do you think your mods will work in DCS: A-10C?

modman1.jpg.58cb6d3d65b8f1d22bbb89a6fee5e9c5.jpg

modman2.jpg.0255a98b14845bf48fd832a532c7d2b7.jpg

Edited by TAIPAN_
image link wrong
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Awesome info there TAIPAN, yet again you come to my rescue :D thanks very much, i'll get onto repacking the mods right away :thumbup:

EDIT: High Resolution version is now a MODMAN 7.3.0.0 package http://files.lockon.ru/en/397/ many thanks to 104th_Pharaoh for the installation testing :)

As for this mod working in DCS A-10C? well, since i don't own it yet i don't know...

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

Thanks I might grab that high res one and replace the older roads.

I installed A-10C a few days ago and the landscape looks improved anyway, now I'm actually thinking straight I guess it's probably not a good idea to mod it unless we audit all the buildings, roads, textures to see what has changed. If they have entirely new models or not as well.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Some of you may (or may not) have noticed that some of the textures on the junctions look a bit odd or do not align correctly, take this crossroad at Sochi-Adler airbase for example

screenshot811.jpg

now compare mine to the same spot, but this time with the stock textures

screenshot810.jpg

you can see that the fault lies with how the original texture tile was placed.

Overall though, glitches aside, i prefer mine over stock :)

Yes, this issue is mostly not visible during 99.9999(...)% flyings, so who cares :P

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Some of you may (or may not) have noticed that some of the textures on the junctions look a bit odd or do not align correctly, take this crossroad at Sochi-Adler airbase for example

screenshot811.jpg

now compare mine to the same spot, but this time with the stock textures

screenshot810.jpg

you can see that the fault lies with how the original texture tile was placed.

Overall though, glitches aside, i prefer mine over stock :)

Your texture looks way better Stang! Trouble is with placement of textures, as you can se the other road is more narrow so it kinda looks misplaced a bit!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your texture looks way better Stang!

I'm really glad you like them, thanks for the feedback :)

Trouble is with placement of textures, as you can se the other road is more narrow so it kinda looks misplaced a bit!

Yeah i know, just pointing this out to people who might see some odd mis-alignments here and there ;)

I have not checked but how is the "AB Fences, Buildings, and other static objects" in DCS A-10C?

Personally, i don't know, since i cannot afford to buy DCS A-10C beta until next month, but feel free to give it a try, and if you're successful post some screenshots up :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...