AB Fences, Buildings, and other static objects texture mod.

The problem is, you DO see them quite a bit, especially in DCS Black Shark they're often a feature around the FARPs (and also in FC2.0 since it's merged with DCS)

Well in that case, make a stronger looking texture with the 3 files and make the tower look like it could take some small arms fire. Right now it is a wooden structure and would not provide much in the way of protection. May be give some thought to a stronger tower look. That might be the right direction to look, seeing as it shares textures(unfortunately), see if you can give a more modern look to the tower and hence the fence will also fit right in. Under the code, this is all you can do for the moment. If you look at the textures for the top of the tower, that might be the thing to do. Just trying to give you some sort of help here, that's all. Maybe some other people can give you some more ideas to work with and see what can be done. Great job so far, only one small part to figure out. Lots of fun.:DGood Luck and looking forward to what ever you do. cheers.:thumbup:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in that case, make a stronger looking texture with the 3 files and make the tower look like it could take some small arms fire. Right now it is a wooden structure and would not provide much in the way of protection. May be give some thought to a stronger tower look. That might be the right direction to look, seeing as it shares textures(unfortunately), see if you can give a more modern look to the tower and hence the fence will also fit right in. Under the code, this is all you can do for the moment. If you look at the textures for the top of the tower, that might be the thing to do. Just trying to give you some sort of help here, that's all. Maybe some other people can give you some more ideas to work with and see what can be done. Great job so far, only one small part to figure out. Lots of fun.:DGood Luck and looking forward to what ever you do. cheers.:thumbup:

Good suggestions, i'm always open for ideas :thumbup:

I'll keep on experimenting and report back later.

Been looking at improving the quality of the glass frames in the airfield control towers

(also note my chainlink fence texture around the edges of the structure, another unexpected result of multiple use textures :))

Before:

screenshot312d.jpg

After:

screenshot314p.jpg

the experiments continue :D

Edited by Mustang

Been looking at improving the quality of the glass frames in the airfield control towers

(also note my chainlink fence texture around the edges of the structure, another unexpected result of multiple use textures :))

Before:

screenshot312d.jpg

After:

screenshot314p.jpg

the experiments continue :D

You must know by now that you are on an never ending road.LOL.:DHave fun,we get to enjoy,hee hee.:D

You must know by now that you are on an never ending road.LOL.:DHave fun,we get to enjoy,hee hee.:D

You know what? you're not wrong mate :D

how do you like this people?

before:

screenshot317g.jpg

after:

screenshot318pm.jpg

the distortion in the frame is unavoidable i'm afraid, it's the way the ED made the model.

• Like 1

Wao, one small feather becoming five hens right in front of our eyes here!

:cheer3nc:Go mustang, go Mustang!:cheer3nc:

If there is anything I could do to help, please let me know!

Edit: lets's hope you don't suddenly find the lattice textures on your amraams or droptanks :P

Edited by Udat

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally someone fixed that ugly textures... example power lines antennas, radars ect. Good job!

Especially for land movers :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

For god sake, you are a texture addict, That's good. Keep it up.:DNice to have these things cleaned up as said before. Now I hope you are not so busy doing that your not to busy backing up. Would not want to loose any of these.;) How big is the finial download when you are finished.Sorry I don't think you will every finish, your eye is catching everything. hee hee:D. Don't stop..We are standing by for the download.:megalol:

For god sake, you are a texture addict, That's good. Keep it up.:DNice to have these things cleaned up as said before. Now I hope you are not so busy doing that your not to busy backing up. Would not want to loose any of these.;) How big is the finial download when you are finished.Sorry I don't think you will every finish, your eye is catching everything. hee hee:D. Don't stop..We are standing by for the download.:megalol:

Don't worry, i've got pre-release versions created and backed up, both for FC2.0 and DCS-BS ;)

Final is looking good in filesize, approx 3.6mb, and due to the fact that theres several files involved in this mod i've converted this work into a single .cdds file (i hate having so many files scattered around in TempTextures) oh and naturally, this will be a MODMAN package :)

Your textures are awesome. Here is a little request, would be nice, if you can do it :music_whistling:. This wall can be found at several Airbases like Mineralnye Vody.

walls.jpg

Jack

What is wrong with this wall texture? it looks fine to me, why would you want me to mod it? :huh:

Ok FullerGer, you've got me experimenting again :)

screenshot345.jpg

it's a little tricky getting it to look right, since the concrete walls are very flat 2D textures

screenshot346g.jpg

Ha,Ha,:D told you it was a never ending road.:DBut seriously you are doing a great job with all of this. thanks a bunch.:thumbup:

If you are after authentic look, the fences as they are should be left alone. That is a very common concrete fence in eastern block countries. It looks pretty much exactly as it is on the stock texture.

My .02

Yeah, i was just experimenting for fun, i think i'll be leaving the wall texture as the stock one :)

Yes stock is very realistic. In Poland in the past I've seen many fences with that concrete.

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Just a little hint... but you can increase the resolution of the textures if you want. I was very unhappy with the FARP texture so I modified it to have double the res. So "FARPS LAND.BMP" after a bit of photoshop looked twice as good. It went from 1024x1024 to 2048x 2048 with no ill effects

Nate

Just a little hint... but you can increase the resolution of the textures if you want. I was very unhappy with the FARP texture so I modified it to have double the res. So "FARPS LAND.BMP" after a bit of photoshop looked twice as good. It went from 1024x1024 to 2048x 2048 with no ill effects

Nate

Thanks for that tip :thumbup: