In Flight Refueling?

20mm

I also believe they'll be modelling the KC-135 instead of the current KC-10 re-fuelers.

Strange. The KC-10 would be what you'd expect redeploying from Germany or wherever but I would expect a KC-135 in-theater.

In the AAR role, the KC-10s have operated largely in the strategic refueling of large number of tactical aircraft on ferry flights and the refueling of other strategic transport aircraft. Conversely, the KC-135 fleet has operated largely in the in-theater tactical role.
--Wiki

Strange. The KC-10 would be what you'd expect redeploying from Germany or wherever but I would expect a KC-135 in-theater.

--Wiki

Why is that strange? Based on your own wiki quote I'd say it makes perfect sense that we'll be refueling from the KC-135 rather than the KC-10.

--Wiki

Both tankers have the same capability and the only defining detail is whether they are available or not. Tankers are in very high demand if an aircraft/ element/ flight/ squadron

needs one, normally and AFAIK, they don't care which one they get. They both can do the same mission and the re-engined/modernized KC-135 are just as good as the KC-10.

Obviously they have different ranges and cargo limits and their own set of cons and pros for cargo, operational limitations, maintainability, etc, but in terms of in flight refueling, their really equal. You are more likely to see a KC-135 because they are more of them.

KC-10 Factsheet

KC-135 Factsheet

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I can just see us now :joystick:

:ranting:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hopefully refueling in this game is realistic. In some games you simply go near the aircraft and fuel magically transports itself from the tanker into your aircraft, even though you are on the right side of the tanker.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Both tankers have the same capability and the only defining detail is whether they are available or not. Tankers are in very high demand if an aircraft/ element/ flight/ squadron

needs one, normally and AFAIK, they don't care which one they get. They both can do the same mission and the re-engined/modernized KC-135 are just as good as the KC-10.

Obviously they have different ranges and cargo limits and their own set of cons and pros for cargo, operational limitations, maintainability, etc, but in terms of in flight refueling, their really equal. You are more likely to see a KC-135 because they are more of them.

KC-10 Factsheet

KC-135 Factsheet

I think T-Tail pilots prefer the 135 over the KC-10. I know were talking about the A-10 though!

I think T-Tail pilots prefer the 135 over the KC-10. I know were talking about the A-10 though!

Why do you think that?

c5056.jpg

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/081210-F-7823A-166.JPG

Feb. 18 airpower summary: B-1Bs provide overwatch

A B-1B Lancer receives fuel from a KC-10 Extender over Afghanistan. B-1Bs fly close-

air-support missions for both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

(U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Aaron Allmon)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2056/kc10i.jpg

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/090615-F-3961R-177.jpg

Hydra Exercise 2009

A KC-10 Extender aircraft from the 60th Air Mobility Wing, refuels a C-17 Globemaster during

the Hydra Exercise 2009. Hydra is a training exercise developed to provide a West Coast

venue to train the 615 Contingency Response Wing's unique mission capabilities such as,

command and control, aerial port, maintenance and air mobility liaison duties in a joint

environment. (U. S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Cecilio Ricardo)

By the way, best way to tell the difference is that in the KC-10 the boom operator sits down

while on the KC-135 the operator lays down. Also KC-10 has a bigger window I think. The

boom on the KC-10 is FBW, not sure if the modernize KC-135 is the same way.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Hopefully refueling in this game is realistic.

I have yet to see anything DCS related that isn't. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, these guys know what they're doing.

Edited by Chris CDN
Bad BBC code

NSDQ

What I want is to simulate the boom operator getting pissed off and smashing your canop when you fly like a drunk. Not sure about that one though. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I read in Vipers of the Storm that the old KC135s didn't have an intercom to talk to the pilot like the KC10(they could add this for immersion) did back in Desert Storm although its probably been upgraded by now. Thing I think that should be modeled for immersion is large tanker tracks with many tankers and many allied aircraft refuelling. The other problem with LO was when you tried to refuel your wingman would buzz the tanker causing the tanker to take evasive action so take a leaf out of LPs book and script the flight to refuel in sequence 1 first, while the rest of the flight forms up on the right wing and then after refuelled moves to the left wing. Other things are TACAN channel from AWACs vector to tanker and also assign a HAVQUICK channel for the radio. Another thing is AI experience level starting with ACE being easy refuelling to recruit taking longer to refuel and also refuelling menu for the radio have the same options.

1/ request refuel

2/ ready to refuel

3/ done refuelling

Regarding tanker type both KC10 and KC135 can refuel an A-10 IRL so both need to be able to do it in both SP and MP.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

In LOMAC none flaming cliffs, it was scripted, in FC it wasn't. You had to actually capture the boom, which is never fun when:

a) You running on fumes

b) Your crap at flying and end running out of fuel before you actually connect.

So I can't see them not moddeling it (unless they can't do it properly, and in that case they may decide not to do it all), I mean why take away functionality from there front line sim?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]