Need Help

rattler

Hi Guy's:

I have a sound problem and I have been looking hear and everywhere for an answer and can't seem to find it.

Problem is after about 10 - 30 min. into simulation, the computer freezes and I get a continues sound hmm,click, etc, not same all the time. In order to get rid of this, I have to stop lockon with task manager and log off and log on to get rid of the sound problem. Now every driver to my knowledge has the current drivers. Sound card is Asus Xonar DS 7.1. I am using 2 speaker system from Creative with titanium speakers and sub-woofer. I never had this issue with XP but I now have windows 7x64.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give. My PSU is a high quality 500watt and the CPU is I7-930. It may be the PSU but I have a tendency to doubt that. I do believe it has to be a driver issue but I could be wrong. This is a new system and fully updated.

Thanks for any help or reference to a link, you can provide. I am still looking but so far no luck.:helpsmilie:

Could be a heat problem, especially sicne it happens 10-30 minutes into a game.

Well I am not saying you may be wrong but my system is in an Antec 600 case with a top 500mm fan, 3 120mm case fans and a 120mm fan on the PSU. I think it maybe related to the settings on the sound card in relation to the freq. used by the GPU and sound card. Still trying to sort it out. Thanks for your reply and I am not disregarding your idea regardless of what fans are operating. I will certainly check everything I can to track down the problem. I don't know how many member here run Xonar sound cards so I hope someone will jump in even if they can point me at something to read in a thread , reference this problem. I still have not found anything on the web yet. Appreciate your idea and I will check it out.:)

for Heat problems best way to disperese the heat is by opening the cabinet and keeping it open in critical situations you can keep a frozen bottle in front of it and blow a fan in direction to the CPU hehe ;)

One more thing this hanging situation may not necessarily be problem with sound card..

try increasing the virtual memory of the computer by going to my computer>properties>advance system settings>advanced tab>performance block properties.There in C:\ drive see what's the default allocation...if less then increase it say if its 2048-3070 increase it to this 3070-4096.

Still if the problem persists then switch off other programs and disabling the default aero theme to windows classic... in that way the system will get relaxation on memory usage aswell on the processor FC2 is a heavy application hence its better and a wise idea to turn off other background running programs :)

Yup, just did all that but have not had a chance to fly for a long period. the case and Gpu, CPU are running cool and so is the PSu so no problem with any of that. Just increased pagefile to 9010mb was at 6310. This computer will run anything Fc2 or any sim can throw at it. It was built to take it. Mind you there are more powerful ones I could have built but this is well up there so no problem running Lockon in any of its forms. The only thing I could possible improve on is a faster HDD. right now it is a 7200 sata. I could improve that for sure.

Thanks for the info, I just had that come to mind this morning just before I read your post. So thank very much, I could have missed that info and you had it there for me. Appreciated.:thumbup: