MFD cougar

IIRC yes it can, if you hold down one of the OSBs (don't recall which) you can use the brightness control to change the backlight brightness rather than it's mapped function.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I didn't think it could... but will defer to the above if it's true

I run the lighting off all the time anyway, it's way bright

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I don't actually have a set yet, I just remember the above from one of the reviews, if someone who actually owns a set knows different please feel free to correct me.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I pulled out the manual for them. No is the short anserwer.

Long anserwer. If the MFDs were Programable. Then it would be a matter of Binding the same key that inflight turns on/off lights the the MFD's. But as far as I can tell there is no way to change brightness than the 2 ways listed in the manual.

"Adjusting the backlighting Intensity

All buttons' and identification LEDs backlighing can be software-adjusted or hardware-adjusted.

ADJUSTING THE BACKLIGHTING FEATURE USING THE SOFTWARE

- In the Thrustmaster Control Panel, Select the Backlit / LED Intensity tab.

ADJUSTING THE BACLIGHTING FEATURE USING HARDWARE

(To adjust backlighting when playing)

-Simultaneously press buttons 14 + 15 + 25 to increase backlighting intensity

-Simultaneously press buttons 14 + 15 + 26 to increase reduce backlighting intensity"

That is the whole subject word for word in the book that comes with them. Also it does say Increase reduce backlighting in the manual. I thought the grammer error was funny.

Maybe if the MFDs came with more powerfull software then this would be possible. But they do not work with Foxy. I hope some modders can work around this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes you can! Doing it as we speak...

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Just saw that the other night in the manual myself... so nix what i said!

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

• 6 months later...

Just as a note here - you have finer control over the MFD LED brightness in the Control Panel than you do by using the button combo. I find even a single press of the button combo too bright (from fully off), but using the control panel there's another 'notch' that's just about perfect.

• 8 years later...