Trouble getting SAMS to fire at me.

Can anyone help me with SAM placement? What are the factors i need to be aware of when trying to recreate them believably. Obviously, i would expect it to be different for different systems but is the ME that sophisticated? My mission creation is getting better but so far, i'm let down by the SAM's relutance to fire. Please help.

kM

kM

Without a mission file to look at (hint hint), I could only suggest verifying that the SAM unit was 1) not a static object, 2) active, 3) of an opposing faction, and 4) didn't require additional units in the group (e.g., search radar + launcher).

I've heard that some SAM units have relatively high minimum altitude limits, which means it's possible to fly beneath their killzone, but I don't know for sure.

Post the mission file here and you'll get much better (and more accurate!) help.

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

I found your problem. You need a Hawk tracking radar with your SAM site. I put one on the building next to the search radar and it worked fine. Be aware that putting the launchers up high on the buildings may not allow them to shoot at anything lower than they are, I'm not sure if that is intended. Nice object placement BTW. Looks like an interesting mission.