Fairly maneuverable too ...

REL

Excellent Framerates!!!! Wonder what his system-specs are.....Oh hang on, yeah: He's plugged directly into the mainframe!

Ta for posting :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Dude, it's not my place to say, but there must be something wrong with your chair...

Damn Viper, why are all (or nearly :P) of your posts so damn funny so I have to drop out of my chair??? Cruel man =D
  • Like 1

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm if thats an A10..

It is.

what happened to its engines? They are huge..should they not be visible even with a wide angle lens pointing backwards?

Depends on the angle of the lens. In this particular case, it's such a wide angle that you can't even see the wheel wells on the wings. If you draw a line from where the camera probably is located (pilot's lap basically) to the spot where the wheel wells are, it will be clear that if the wheel wells are not in view then the engines and tail won't be in view either.

Im not buyin it..

That doesn't make it any less of an A-10. :D

funny stuff about the paint scheme @4:36s, "which reduces "infrared radiation", and helps defeat enemy heat seeking missiles"... :huh:

IRR paint, used on just about every military aircraft and vehicles in NATO countries at least, even the dyes in our uniforms and other combat equipment use the same technology. Also helps stops florescence when viewed through night vision equipment.

Much like some things reflect visible light (hi visibility clothing for example) certain materials act the same in the IR spectrum, even if they appear dull when viewing in visible light.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yeah, there are special IR paint coatings that can reduce drastically the IR emission and even applied in a "camo pattern" can break up the IR seeker's ability to recognize the shape of the aircraft. The videos I saw of application to IFVs were rather impressive. If it's worth painting an M113 with that stuff then an A-10 would qualify as well.

Nah the skin temperature only. Aircraft sit in the sun and bumping into countless air molecules heats things up too. The nacelles would be less visible from the side as the paint is preventing some of the heat bleed through. IR missiles are plenty sensitive to pick up IR image from skin heat even if the engines are cold.

6 o'clock heater shot is still going to see the engine heat (high bypass turbofans held a bit) but IR paint is plenty worth it for the other 70% of the aspect solid angle.

Great video, but I cant stand the American airshow commentators :P

Much more enjoyable to hear them then Polish airshow commentators, trust me :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hehe, that might be, I just hope that the F-22 demo team wont bring their commentator along to RIAT in a couple of weeks :P Im really looking forward to seeing the F-22, but I could do without the "land of the free, protectors of freedom"-speeches and the way too loud rock music ;)

.....but I could do without the "land of the free, protectors of freedom"-speeches and the way too loud rock music ;)

EARPLUGS-FULL.jpg

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sorry guys but this video is faked. The plane he is flying has a single vert stab. and the canapy does not have the correct skeleton.

Well if that's the case, the creator of this video has done one hell of an editing job. I mean how long must it have taken to not only add the A-10s wing into every single frame but also animate the ailerons to match the required deflection for every roll manuvere.

Not even Glowing Amraam could manage that. :megalol:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Sorry guys but this video is faked. The plane he is flying has a single vert stab. and the canapy does not have the correct skeleton.

If you look over his shoulders, you can clearly make out the tops of the twin vertical stabilizers and, on occasion, a glimpse of an engine.

The "line" you see above his head isn't a vertical stabilizer, that's either part of the canopy or the seat (you can see his shadow cross over it during turning).