2 Kilo Subs collide!

Aliboy

Today in my city 2 kilo submarines bumped into each other while entering a naval dockyard and luckily no one is hurt but one of the subs rudder was damaged this happened because the engine of the sub in front failed.

My question is if a Subs engine fails while its deep in the ocean can it recover to the surface and be towed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Today in my city 2 kilo submarines bumped into each other while entering a naval dockyard and luckily no one is hurt but one of the subs rudder was damaged this happened because the engine of the sub in front failed.

My question is if a Subs engine fails while its deep in the ocean can it recover to the surface and be towed?

Sure, my dad is a former US Navy sub officer so he told me many things about them. And most if not all countries who have subs in their navy are equipped with an emergency blow valve. What that does is if you are submerged and have a major problem, flooding fire, engine failure, etc. you pull that valve, and it blows high pressure air into the ballast tanks and cause the sub to rise at a very rapid rate. I don't know the details of how fast but probably 5ft every 5-10seconds or so. Just a guess on that though. But an emergency blow is how subs get to the surface fast.

I know Russian Kilos are equipped with that, I don't know what India may have done to them but I'm sure they kept it.

I would love to ride along on one of those!

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I do know U.K nuclear subs are equiped with an Emergency Propulsion Motor (EPM) which is driven by a D.C (battery backed) power source should the main steam turbines fail or the reactor inadvertently shuts down.

This inconjuction with blowing the main ballast tanks should provide enough forward momentum to enable the boat to surface, hopefully!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64