Mk-82 fuzes

VTJS17_Fire

On some pictures of A-10 flights, i mean lead and wingman, they have different fuzes on the Mk-82 bombs.

I read, one of the fuzes are a contact-fuze (M904 [nose] and M905 [tail]) and the other is an air-burst fuze (FMU-113).

Do we have this different fuzes in DCS:W, too?

kind regards,

fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From what I understand nose setting is for slicks and tail is for high drags and I think I read somewhere you can change the profiles in an F-16 for different delivery types.

Only if the retarding kit is attached. Fuse type can indeed be changed in the weapons profile from the pit.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

In RL any bomb (mk82/84 etc) can have any of the three. Air burt will look like a cone on the nose of the bomb. All fuses are set on the ground and can't be set in the air. Pilots can choose which one to activate but he can not set the timing, again, that is done on the ground with a flat tip screwdriver. The only thing your doing in the cockpit is letting the aircraft know what fuses are available to show proper release parameters in the HUD (in the F-16 case , your programing the SMS) The fuse choice depends on what the pilots request and what is available on the AOR/base.

Correction:

To add more, you can only set some fuses while on the aircraft or while being loaded, some are only adjustable by ammo when the built the bomb. I have only seen tail fuses be accessible for pilots to adjust while on the ground (most pilots mess with them even tho they have no clue what they are doing and just set it back to where it was)

CBU also can be adjusted

Just do a google search for USAF AMMO, you can find many videos and photos of fuses and bomb being built. Ammo personnel think they actually matter :D

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry , I'm bored

090728-F-1234O-009.jpg

This shows a common fuse set up on the MK-82/83.

The cable going to the nose fan (the fuse) is attached to the pylon. As the bomb falls, the cable will brake, allowing the fuse fan to pin arming it. If you look at the tail fins, there is a little door on the side, that is how you get to the tail fuse. The only way to set the fuse on the nose is to removed it AFAIK, I'm not ammo so I not sure of the entire process.

The setting is how many milliseconds after impact (if any) will the bomb detonate. In the F-16, when you select tail or nose fuse, the pylon will grab that specific cable selected (both can be selected), thus, arming the fuse.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,