A-10 Sounds

potbelly

I recently bought, downloaded, and installed Flaming Cliffs 2. I also installed

patch 1.2.1 and my problem is that I have no sound from Engines or Weapons.

On my installation, I got an error when the game first tried to start. The error

had to do with Direct X and said I was missing some "dll' files. I have since

uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times. I no longger get the error

error message but when the game starts I have no sound.

I also have the original Lock On installed on my computer and it works fine

with all sounds normal.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Potbelly aka Bob Nicholson

What is your soundcard? Have you updated your driveres for it? What is the operating system of your computer, and is it patched up?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Could you please supply a DxDiag output file? You can find directions on how here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52089

This will make it easier for us to discern a possible cause, or at least eliminate some possible causes. Unfortunately the description of "Gateway i7 920" does not give much information at all - Gateway has the unfortunate habit of having scores of submodels to each model with sometimes pretty drastic differences in the hardware (usually motherboard differences - things a normal user will not notice but that would be important to know in this case). A DxDiag is an easy way to get detailed hardware/driver information in one simple package.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester