ran out of cd activations and this is what I get.

Greetings,

The provided serial number's activations log leaves an impression of severe problems with computer where it was used. Each serial number costs money for us. We want to make sure your computer is working fine before we give another serial number. Could you please confirm that your computer is working well now and we need to know if the Black Shark was the source of issues. It's important for us.

Regards,Eagle Dynamics support managerAlexander Sobol

Edited by EtherealN
Removed the direct mail link to make life harder for bots

Do you want assistance in verifying the health of your system? Not knowing what the problem was it's hard to say anything, but Alex is a nice guy and always has a reason.

Could you explain the situation so we can have a look at what might possibly be wrong in your machine or if your machine is indeed healthy now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

How about you try to give a costructive answer this time?

Here is your second chance without getting a warning.

Ethereal is trying to help you.

sorry to seem like that, but what does that have to do with my activations thats kinda funny actually, but ok here it goes "no my pc is fine: I really do love you guys here and etheral sorry about that brother this has nothing to do with you somtimes I act this way sorry about that, im more angry at the guy I sent the email to, I know your just doing your job here, but what made this guy think somthing was wrong with my computer??? well atleast I know to use my activations better this time,

Edited by sage0030

It is related to your computer since certain hardware or software issues can "eat" activations. If this is the case, the best course of action would be to identify and eliminate those, since anything else would be to only give a quick placebo for the symptoms while doing nothing for the actual problem.

As for what made him think so, I don't know. I am not privy to your correspondence with him. You would have to ask him about it. But my suspicion would be that he may have identified a high frequency of activation loss which would indicate issues as described, and in that circumstance what you quoted him as saying makes sense.

Really, since you are already in correspondence with him, you could just continue that. I assume that since you brought it to the forum you want additional assistance, which I can give, but in that case I would need your co-operation. If you are not willing to co-operate towards finding a resolution or eliminating computer issues as a possible cause, there really is no point in the thread.

So, as I said:

"Could you explain the situation so we can have a look at what might possibly be wrong in your machine or if your machine is indeed healthy now?"

Without information, I can do nothing except take an extra coffee break. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It is related to your computer since certain hardware or software issues can "eat" activations. If this is the case, the best course of action would be to identify and eliminate those, since anything else would be to only give a quick placebo for the symptoms while doing nothing for the actual problem.

As for what made him think so, I don't know. I am not privy to your correspondence with him. You would have to ask him about it. But my suspicion would be that he may have identified a high frequency of activation loss which would indicate issues as described, and in that circumstance what you quoted him as saying makes sense.

Really, since you are already in correspondence with him, you could just continue that. I assume that since you brought it to the forum you want additional assistance, which I can give, but in that case I would need your co-operation. If you are not willing to co-operate towards finding a resolution or eliminating computer issues as a possible cause, there really is no point in the thread.

So, as I said:

"Could you explain the situation so we can have a look at what might possibly be wrong in your machine or if your machine is indeed healthy now?"

Without information, I can do nothing except take an extra coffee break. :)

ok just to let you know it was me that ate up the activations, people format there hd's and reinstall windows. it was me not the computer, the reason why I brought it back to the forums is because I initially came here in the first place for help and you know what its not working, what else choice do I have other then to buy another copy if I cant play blackshark, its sorry that when that happends the company you bought it from wont lift a finger to help their customers, it feels like im the bad person because I used to many activations instead of the company that supplied me with this product helping me fix the problem, there blaming my computer like im 5 years old and no nothing about pc's. well im not stupid alright, maybe you need to know where im comming from in the first place i guess,

Edited by sage0030

If you were just doing excessive reinstalls and such, just let Alexander know this. I personally have not understood why people are in the habit of doing windows reinstalls (I'm almost on two years on this install, and aside from issues I have caused myself through adventurous overclocking and such (tweaking GPU overclock through interfering within the driver and such), it remains flawless), but that's a whole other debate.

But please, try to think before you speak. Quote: "the company you bought it from wont lift a finger to help their customers". That's quite simply untrue. I'll have you know that the man you spoke to has assisting users as his job, and the company does go to some expenses to help it's customers - including giving people new keys when warranted which as he told you costs money.

As for blaming your computer like you are a five year old... Come on man? That's just not the case and if you take some time to re-read what has been said you will realize this.

You did get it right here though:

"maybe you need to know where im comming from in the first place i guess"

That is the exact truth. As you can see, I came into this knowing absolutely nothing, so I asked you for information and you know well how you responded to that. Without information, all I know is: keys have been expended in a rapid pace (seriously, 18 activations/deactivations in this time since release is a very very excessive expenditure rate unless the computer is having a problem: ergo the question about your computer) and Alex asked you to ensure computer health. Ask yourself: what would you do in this situation if you were Alexander or myself?

For reference, my own DCS:BS key has been activated only twice through almost two years of use, in spite of me moving hard drives around, constantly tweaking my machine and often provoking it to the point of BSOD's and POST-failure with my overclocking stupidities. So that is why quick activation expenditure raises questionmarks: it just shouldn't happen if the system is healthy. It will happen in certain unhealthy states or in combinations with certain software packages (WMware and some hardware emulation software). Context clear? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you were just doing excessive reinstalls and such, just let Alexander know this. I personally have not understood why people are in the habit of doing windows reinstalls (I'm almost on two years on this install, and aside from issues I have caused myself through adventurous overclocking and such (tweaking GPU overclock through interfering within the driver and such), it remains flawless), but that's a whole other debate.

But please, try to think before you speak. Quote: "the company you bought it from wont lift a finger to help their customers". That's quite simply untrue. I'll have you know that the man you spoke to has assisting users as his job, and the company does go to some expenses to help it's customers - including giving people new keys when warranted which as he told you costs money.

As for blaming your computer like you are a five year old... Come on man? That's just not the case and if you take some time to re-read what has been said you will realize this.

You did get it right here though:

"maybe you need to know where im comming from in the first place i guess"

That is the exact truth. As you can see, I came into this knowing absolutely nothing, so I asked you for information and you know well how you responded to that. Without information, all I know is: keys have been expended in a rapid pace (seriously, 18 activations/deactivations in this time since release is a very very excessive expenditure rate unless the computer is having a problem: ergo the question about your computer) and Alex asked you to ensure computer health. Ask yourself: what would you do in this situation if you were Alexander or myself?

For reference, my own DCS:BS key has been activated only twice through almost two years of use, in spite of me moving hard drives around, constantly tweaking my machine and often provoking it to the point of BSOD's and POST-failure with my overclocking stupidities. So that is why quick activation expenditure raises questionmarks: it just shouldn't happen if the system is healthy. It will happen in certain unhealthy states or in combinations with certain software packages (WMware and some hardware emulation software). Context clear? :)

ok thats fair enough, :doh:, yes I got another key after all this bs, thx,

Edited by sage0030