Mi-28 won't attack (a train)

i made a mission and set two Mi-28 to attack a train made of statics (i placed myself) , i set them to attack the ground vehicles and the static objects . they arrive at the last waypoint where they should attack and they turn away to the airfield what's the prob they have rockets and it's night mission . any ideas ?

Try using a CAS task rather than Ground Attack. I think the Ground Attack task is taken very literally by the game, i.e. "attack this point on the ground". I've only had success using Ground Attack tasks to execute bombing runs at a particular location using the "Point" target type.

To get them to attack vehicles they locate within the targeting area(s), use CAS.

i tested another thing , i put the last WP before attack in visual range of the helos and it works they attack (set on ground attack)

concerning the SU-30 it's a mystery cause i managed to make it attack but i had to change ground attack for SEAD and depending on where the WP before attack is set , sometimes it work sometimes not . it's strange cause to make it attack i changed one Kh-29T for a Kh-31A and it should have detected the Roland radiations far away , and finally it attacked with a Kh-29T ??

Thanks ! (campaign soon inbound)

• 3 weeks later...

I made a mission in which there is a huge fight between the ground forces, Russia Vs US. And I added Su25TM(2planes) and A-10A(2planes) to protect their respective ground forces. Both the planes attack their opponent's ground forces but don't strike enemy planes even when in visual range.

I think there's a fair bit of hard-coded logic for aircraft to decide what to attack, and strike aircraft like the Frogfoot and Warthog prefer to avoid fighting other planes. Helicopters on the hand seem to love fighting fixed-wings.

Did you set targeting points to include "Planes"? By default for Ground Attack/CAS mission types targeting points will only include ground vehicles, but I think you should be able to tick the "Planes" box. However I'm pretty sure I've tried this in the past and not had much luck convincing a Su-25 to attack me (flying an A-10).

I got the MI24 to attack the static and point targets you have to make the area small enough or radius.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||