Vulgar Language on Servers.

Scooternutz

Hello all,

I am a retired Sailor and I can certainly swear like one.

I was on a server last night and my young son, my wingman, was right behind me in his chair. All of the sudden some very disgusting chat messages started coming through. My son is 14 so it was no big deal for him to see that. I have always spoke highly of this hobby and the absolute professionals that fly.

I was just a little shocked at not one but more than 10 lines of vulgarity. There was one very gross comment about a $2 Prostitute. I am not asking anyone to change for my benefit but I wanted to express my thoughts on this. I will continue to fly online and I will continue to have my son watch and learn. It is just too bad that any of us have to put up with that behavior. Keep it offline or at least abbreviate with symbols. I have done that. The $2 Prostitute really was gross. Oh well.

See you in the air!

Scooter

Hello all,

I was on a server last night and my young son, my wingman, was right behind me in his chair. All of the sudden some very disgusting chat messages started coming through. My son is 14 so it was no big deal for him to see that. I have always spoke highly of this hobby and the absolute professionals that fly.

I was just a little shocked at not one but more than 10 lines of vulgarity. There was one very gross comment about a $2 Prostitute. I am not asking anyone to change for my benefit but I wanted to express my thoughts on this. I will continue to fly online and I will continue to have my son watch and learn. It is just too bad that any of us have to put up with that behavior. Keep it offline or at least abbreviate with symbols. I have done that. The $2 Prostitute really was gross. Oh well.

See you in the air!

Scooter

Sorry mate for complaining but my Lockon Flaming Cliffs2 DVD box

says "16" PEGI Rating… check www.pegi.info

Not trying to be unpleasant, but face it: FC2 is a war simulation…

But anyway it is indeed gross to disgrace the oldest job of humankind like that

At least 50 euro you have to pay…

:D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Sorry mate for complaining but my Lockon Flaming Cliffs2 DVD box

says "16" PEGI Rating… check www.pegi.info

Not trying to be unpleasant, but face it: FC2 is a war simulation…

But anyway it is indeed gross to disgrace the oldest job of humankind like that

At least 50 euro you have to pay…

:D

You are absolutely correct. This is why I will never stop flying. I enjoy it too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applaud those that have standards and remain professional. I could use the practice, that is for sure.

Agree with you - would irk me to no end. Inherent problem with the internet in that it provides anonymity to individuals who then take advantage of said anonymity and act like complete jackasses with little regard for the consequences of their actions.

We are fortunate in that the Flight Sim Community is by it's very nature representative of a more mature group of individuals and as such relatively well-behaved most of the time, a sort of Gentlemen's Club if you must. Certainly cannot be too much to request a modicum of decency on public chat, out of respect if nothing else.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Spend a couple minutes playing CSS or another FPS and you will see the beauty of the internet. But as Viper said the flight sim community is much more mature than the average FPS community. Shame about having your kid in the server with those kinds of comments. He'll be able to curse like you in another few months :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Play single player with your kid and leave the multiplayer alone until he has his first $2 prostitute?

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Play single player with your kid and leave the multiplayer alone until he has his first $2 prostitute?

That is one heck of a setup Digital Steve. Are you flying with multiple monitors? Anyway, you know how it is. People just get carried away. Can understand once but when they start getting silly and really gross it gets old.

BTW, I am using a Panasonic CF-19 Touch Notebook for my Touchbuddy, AWESOME!

Edited by Scooternutz

My PC? Oh... thanks. Yeah it's ok but i don't use it as much as i should. Only the one monitor sadly, maybe more when i have some cash back in the bank.

Yeah, if it's prolonged crap then it gets old, but it is to be expected somewhat on the internet. Single player is the go.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Agree with you - would irk me to no end. Inherent problem with the internet in that it provides anonymity to individuals who then take advantage of said anonymity and act like complete jackasses with little regard for the consequences of their actions.

We are fortunate in that the Flight Sim Community is by it's very nature representative of a more mature group of individuals and as such relatively well-behaved most of the time, a sort of Gentlemen's Club if you must. Certainly cannot be too much to request a modicum of decency on public chat, out of respect if nothing else.

I act like that IRL, what you talking about :music_whistling:

I act like that IRL......

Which one - Jackass, Gentleman or a Jackaman?

:P

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Scooternutz,

When ever you see somebody behaving rude or inappropriate, take screen shots and just let moderators know. We at =4c= do not allow inappropriate language on our server. I take immediate action if I am on our server and bad language occurs.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

You are absolutely correct. This is why I will never stop flying. I enjoy it too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applaud those that have standards and remain professional. I could use the practice, that is for sure.

@Scooternutz,

I see that you were not familiar with the old school Frugals community.

Oh man, Aragorn was/is a flightsimmer with the most vulgarity postings ever found on the net: trust me on that :D.

But anyway he is/was a hardcore flightsimmer. Of course he was the famous man too who was nailing once his wingman with an air-to-ground-missile at 30000 ft. :D

The old days of online playing with falcon… great times. :thumbup:

It seems that frugalsworld is down? I don't know if these falconboys still were live?

PS. of course he was banned about 100 times but at the end of the day most of the community loved him. :lol:

Edited by TucksonSonny

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

@Scooternutz,

I see that you were not familiar with the old school Frugals community.

Oh man, Aragorn was/is a flightsimmer with the most vulgarity postings ever found on the net: trust me on that :D.

But anyway he is/was a hardcore flightsimmer. Of course he was the famous man too who was nailing once his wingman with an air-to-ground-missile at 30000 ft. :D

The old days of online playing with falcon… great times. :thumbup:

It seems that frugalsworld is down? I don't know if these falconboys still were live?

PS. of course he was banned about 100 times but at the end of the day most of the community loved him. :lol:

Geez, Mower was just as bad.

My PC? Oh... thanks. Yeah it's ok but i don't use it as much as i should. Only the one monitor sadly, maybe more when i have some cash back in the bank.

Yeah, if it's prolonged crap then it gets old, but it is to be expected somewhat on the internet. Single player is the go.

This is exactly why I love this community. We can address an item but remain jovial enough to get the point across. Again, I am not too upset over it. D-Steve - If I am reading between the lines, are you stating that you don't fly online?

Anonymous- the whole reason behind your conundrum. People know there aren't many consequences for their actions on the internet, so, inherently they don't care. Just deal with it by reporting them, there really isn't much more you can do.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Because there are not may consequences by talking dirty on the internet people talk like that. Is not that they know first.. then talk... I know looks the same thing but think about it a bit. They talk freely because here's a medium where they can talk whatever they want without someone keeping tabs on them and judging on them and having effects... and that is a good thing. ...for all.

I know a lot of 14 years old kids that talk dirty (I'm 35 and i work with many of them...) and if I am embarrassed sometimes by their language I consider it a failure of mine. As Zappa said once... "they are just words".

A kid talking dirty is counting on my embarrassment... not as a little evil demon but as a simple "human emotion machine" that he is. So if I am embarrassed is my mistake... i lose the edge on him and then I might even get stuck on a losing action on trying to "make him right" ...my rightness.

Whatever... short thing is... accept people as they are don't put stamp on them cause then it's easy to operate with them like objects and disregard what they truly are. Dirty talking is nothing.

P.S. No... it wasn't me on that server :D .

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Consequences? With Servman, all chat logs are recorded. One report and people can be banned. FC2 and DCS also now included banning by game ID. So, unless you buy another copy, you are toast. ED have listened to the MP community and have helped us all out. Thanks ED.

Consequences? With Servman, all chat logs are recorded. One report and people can be banned. FC2 and DCS also now included banning by game ID. So, unless you buy another copy, you are toast. ED have listened to the MP community and have helped us all out. Thanks ED.

I didn't know about this. It's very useful :thumbup:

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

Hello all,

See you in the air!

Scooter

Sailorboy

That was me who said the line about the "$2 whore". (Not prostitute). And it was a teamchat where I shot down a contact and wanted to adequately describe the burning bandits rate of descent. My line went something like this 'Bandit hit. He's going down faster than a $2 whore'.

I'm not prone to such language however I find it interesting that you picked out that statement that was not directed at anyone and yet before it there was all sorts of abuse been directed by others to others (and directed to me on occasion). So I suppose my question is this:

How fast do you think the bandit was descending?

:)

BTW: Sorry for the distress caused to all. I rarely break the server rules, if at all.

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was "leaking" rather than "going down" if I remember correctly. That bandit was probably going down at perhaps 2000 feet per minute. Depending on the damage created by the shot there could have been additional drag causing the descent to be retarded but the air passing over the damaged airframe could have increased. This would cause catastrophic airframe failure to a point of speed actually faster than terminal velocity. Ah, but what if the craft exploded in air. Than we have many variables to calculate as the pieces of the jet went down separately.

Oh I don't know...really fast like horses running with the wind, or a feather on the breeze, or ice on ice, or Jesse Owens during the Munich Olympics, or an Elway Cross, or the sale of Thin Mint Cookies.

In closing, Riptide, you're a stand up guy.

See you in the air on the same side hopefully.

It was "leaking" rather than "going down" if I remember correctly. That bandit was probably going down at perhaps 2000 feet per minute. Depending on the damage created by the shot there could have been additional drag causing the descent to be retarded but the air passing over the damaged airframe could have increased. This would cause catastrophic airframe failure to a point of speed actually faster than terminal velocity. Ah, but what if the craft exploded in air. Than we have many variables to calculate as the pieces of the jet went down separately.

Oh I don't know...really fast like horses running with the wind, or a feather on the breeze, or ice on ice, or Jesse Owens during the Munich Olympics, or an Elway Cross, or the sale of Thin Mint Cookies.

In closing, Riptide, you're a stand up guy.

See you in the air on the same side hopefully.

Ah... that reminds me of a joke about a broken washing machine and a woman ..

ah... nevermind.

Cheers. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]