No more Slop for Me on the G940 HOTAS!!

I am very excited!! I just found a way to get rid of the slop completely by accident. I am VERRY happy with my G940 now!! I received my G940 last week and was very disappointed in the slop I was getting with the trim button. I tried a bunch of different settings but none were working. I was fiddling with some settings that others have posted, but none of them got the results I was looking for either. I did a couple of other things and gave up. I then just wanted to play. So I got into a game and after playing for about 2 minutes I realized hey, my slop is gone. I played awhile longer and no matter how many times I trimmed, the stick stayed exactly where I wanted without moving. I wasn't getting the aircraft going all squirrelly anymore either. I don't know what was giving me the results, but i thought I would share my settings with you all and see what you thought.

Logitech Profiler settings

X and Y Axis Properties

Sensitivity 30%

Dead Zone 0%

Range 80%

Specific Game Settings

Overall Effects Strength 55%

Spring Effects Strength 55%

Damper Effects Strength 55%

Centering Spring 0% unchecked

DCS Black Shark

Axis Tune Panel

Deadzone 0

Saturation y and X 100

Curvature 0

Force Feedback Tune Panel

Trimmer Force 100

Shake 0

I think, (but I don't know for sure), that when you adjust the Shake to 0 on the Force Feedback Panel in Black Shark, the controller gets less confused about the trim.

Try these settings and see what you think. Its working awesome on my end. I have the stick set to what I feel is realistic with my real life flying experience. I don't have it all stiff like some other people like to have their settings. The cyclic in a real world chopper only gets stiff when hydraulics are off or when you have lost them, (from my real world experience as a commercial helicopter pilot flying Bells). Thank you Logitech for a wicked controller. I couldn't be happier with my G940 now. :thumbup: :joystick:

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

Good job! I'm inching closer and closer to getting the 940. I'm still on the fence between that and the TM Warthog, both I am sure are professional grade hardware, as I currently own a TM Cougar. The more I think, the more I am decided on getting the 940 because of it's price (BIG issue considering the stick is similar to the TM cougar so all I would get is a better sensor and a nice throttle),quality,hall sensors, and non propritary setup (for example, there's not much you can really do with the TMW throttle panel in terms of using the switches practically when you venture outside of DCS-A10.. though I dont think many will, me included :-D ), and finally, FF which will make every sim shine, especially for BS where it is pretty much a must when trimming.

Now I need to finalize my draft for my next gaming desktop ( building it myself, nerd style :) )

Thanks for the guide - I've just ordered the G940... via the missus (a loooong overdue Valentine's day present with a small cash injection from me). It was Rise of Flight that first got me interested in the G940, then I realised the trim in DCSBS would make use of it too.

Really can't wait to set it up when it arrives in a week - will be hitting your guide as soon as it does!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

G-940 is on my shopping list pending conformation that trim works in Black Shark. I've been following G-940 for a while and all I know is that the stick does not really work well.

I have had both Logitech 3d Force and Saitek EvoForce and neither one of them really worked well.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well, going on 3 days of flying with these settings, and I have to say WOW, much better with a working trim system. I can finally trim to where I want it and take my hands off the stick so I can use the mouse. Flying with a working trim system is definitely much better than without. The slop is 100% gone with these settings. To me that was worth the price of the G940 right there, (even if I had a little bit of a headache at first). :thumbup: Time to get back to flying!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could the lack of slop have anything to do with the new firmware/software combination? I'll be updating both as soon as I install - will post my detailed impressions here, compared to the X52 Pro that I'm currently using.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I'm also a fairly new owner of the G940. I tried some setting but what I have learned is that you do not want to touch the range setting. This setting at anything less than 100% is affecting the force feedback. At 80% you can feel when you hit the 80% in the range of the stick because the trimmer will not hold it past 80% of the movement of the stick. It also seems to break the method I use to take pressure off the stick when I hold in the trim button( I don't do a bunch of trim presses, I press-hold-manouver-then release) I posted it it in the input section if your interested:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55303

On the other hand I like your settings of 30% on the X and Y axis so I'm using those now. I definately love this stick for DCS:BS it adds a whole new dimension to the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

The thing that was irritating me about the G940 and trim was the darn rudder pedals. If you do not have them centered when triming the autopilot will start to yaw. I was trying to hover and conduct an attack and I could not figure out why I was constantly correcting for yaw. (I actually thought DCS did a good job modeling wind until I did a few experiments and found that that was not the reason. Everything else is so excellent - I just made the assumption.)

Thank God for this forum. I did a search and found the answer very quickly. Centering the pedals is something I just have to remember to do when I use the trim.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the G940 since two weeks now.

Everything is working fine. The Stick stays in the position by the force feedback when I'm trimming.

The only thing is that the stick is a little lax in the trimmed position.

I can move it a litle bit without feeling the force of the forcefeedback.

Is this the "slop" you are talking about?

Can anybody confirm that the slop is gone with this settings?

I will test it in the next days.

Edit:

I tested it and can't conform. The "slop" is still there.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

My trusty x52 is going so the G940 is on the list..........

if the slop is gone... anything above 90% saying yes then I'll buy it.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

by tapping Z (or X) it momentarily changes the input to the keyboard, which will recenter when the key is released. I don't know why, but it removes the trim setting.

The rudder pedals still work, but as they're analog, they will only recenter to the trimmed position like the stick.

I have tried using arrow keys for fine adjustment to cyclic trim, and they have the same effect as above with one caveat.

Using the Ctrl-Enter trim graph as a visual aid...

If the trimmed stick position is within about 50% of center the arrow keys will only adjust the trimmed position slightly.

If the stick trim position is outside 50% of center such as in fast forward flight, tapping an arrow key will drop the trimmed point to maximum of 50%. It still doesn't jump to center like the rudder axis, but it won't hold a position outside 50%. Strange.

Kinda irritating, using a quick tap of the arrow keys can help keep long boring point to point flights trimmed correctly.

Just got the 940 and with your settings I was really impressed on what FFB can provide. I can control the shark without second guessing on how my stick was previously trimmed. It will take a little getting used to the looser controls I am familiar with on my Cougar, but I think this will be a great replacement (though I will probably never sell the cougar).

Update: applied the new firmware update and now it is holding perfectly with good authority, returns to the same position when the stick is moved. I'm hooked.
Very good news indeed!!! Where is my christmas wich list ... BTW, how about other G940 owners, is the G940 now working to your satisfaction?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I haven't had a chance to fly the G940 in Black Shark much (kept having major issues with the rudder inputs while trimming) but I am absolutely loving it for Rise of Flight and Flaming Cliffs 2. It's built exceptionally well, the software interface seems relatively intuitive, and the addition of Force Feedback really does help to immerse me more in the games. In terms of accuracy versus the X52 Pro, they both feel identical, though learning to use pedals is rather tricky - a bit like learning to play the drums in fact.

Overall I'm very, very happy, and looking forward to getting it set up correctly in black shark. I've found this fella's settings quite helpful: http://www.zerotown.org/blog/

hi sharkster64,

i found a very strange setting:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=954388&postcount=118

i use a negative curvature (-100) on the x & y axis for FF-trim precision and compensated the effect with reducing the axis ranges to 30%. stick movement is now 1:1 with the ingame cockpit stick, without delay or interpolation.

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Hey thats a really nice setting. I like that one even better. I had to turn down the overall effects strength to 75 because it was a little too stiff for me at 100 but every thing else is real nice. Good job on that find.

Rep up +1. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]