Activating DCS on Steam

arality

Hello all I'm hoping this is the right spot to post this, if not I apologize!

According to this http://store.steampowered.com/news/4052/ steam now offers Black Shark on steam. I bought my copy from direct 2 drive. I am wondering if in the future, it will be possible to add my key to steam and activate it on there?

Thanks!

P.S I am gonna need a new keyboard, my F5 key is worn out already waiting for A-10 :lol:

My guess is no. Unless you bought the Steam version, you can't use the Steam version.

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Only a few dozen games have such a feature and they are generally only for retail versions. It is not likely that other digital download stores will be compatible with steam.

For the list check here. DCS is not on the list btw. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

is it DRM free?

Simple answer, no. However no issues found so far with the one ED uses. I myself I'm a big fan of steam, however, DCS is not available via that route, so far...

Regards,

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• ED Team
Simple answer, no. However no issues found so far with the one ED uses. I myself I'm a big fan of steam, however, DCS is not available via that route, so far...

Regards,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55848

My bad, I regress, this is awesome news :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Is there no direct answer to the topic? If you cannot activate DCS download on steam now, are there plans to allow this in the future? I have purchased 2 copies of the download. One for me and one for a friend. I also have recommended the game to quite a few others who now have the DCS download.

If there are no plans to make this an option then what about compatibility between the Steam version and others ? Will updates hit each version at the same time or will there be delays ?

My plan is to sell my DCS version and activations at a loss and get the Steam version but it would be nice to know if transferring over is going to be an option.

Socal, "activating" your previous copy on steam is very unlikely to happen.

Go to Valve and tell them "I never gave you any money for this but I'd like to have perpetual access to your download server, authentication server and DRM". See how well that works. ;)

Short version: you need to talk to Valve about this, not ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Still its an ED product and Im certain they still benefit from sells on Steam, as such they would still be instrumental in making it happen, even if it were just a fee to cover the amount Steam gets.

What about compatibility with 1.02 patch. Will the Steam version still work with flaming cliffs, etc. All stuff ED should be able to answer, or maybe it has already been answered and I missed it. Im currently held up on installing because I do not want to go out and buy the Steam version if there is going to be issues between playing the different versions with full 1.02 online mulitplayer functionality.. ie my friends with the downloaded DCS BS and Flaming Cliffs vs a Steam version with Flaming Cliffs.

Edited by socal500

There was a game I played a while ago called X3 Terran Conflict. Recently in one of the updates to the game they added what they call "steam support" achievements and whatever else. The big thing though is that they allowed you to add your key and activate it on steam, they also allowed their previous game X3 Reunion(one they don't even work on anymore)to do the same thing.

So it's definitely possible however, whats the cost? If it ends up being to much money well then so be it. I understand ED is not out to loose money.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd pay a "Steam upgrade" fee if that would help the process along. I'm not going to re-buy the game for a full $40, but, for example, I'd pay $10 to activate my key on Steam (or get a new license to replace the old one or something similar).

What about compatibility with 1.02 patch. Will the Steam version still work with flaming cliffs, etc. All stuff ED should be able to answer, or maybe it has already been answered and I missed it. Im currently held up on installing because I do not want to go out and buy the Steam version if there is going to be issues between playing the different versions with full 1.02 online mulitplayer functionality.. ie my friends with the downloaded DCS BS and Flaming Cliffs vs a Steam version with Flaming Cliffs.

It should work cos you don't need both games at the same time or in the same folder..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45