A-10C Screen Shots - 11 July 10

Wags

....At the end of the day it's very sandy...

Yeah, a desert will do that.......

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I dont really get the Nevada desert thing, what is it supposed to be? Will the Nevada desert the new terrain which will be a new part in the DCS world? So how can I imagine this ingame...a totally new area besides the Black Sea Area?

What about the KA50, is it possible to put both crafts together on Nevada desert map or Georgian map (same for further expected modules)?

Great images by the way

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I dont really get the Nevada desert thing, what is it supposed to be? Will the Nevada desert the new terrain which will be a new part in the DCS world? So how can I imagine this ingame...a totally new area besides the Black Sea Area?

What about the KA50, is it possible to put both crafts together on Nevada desert map or Georgian map (same for further expected modules)?

Great images by the way

It's where all the training takes place, gun ranges etc. I'm guessing it's an immersion thing, you don't train in the area of combat, you train in the US. The Nevada terrain MOD has always been very popular, this just makes it a bit more official. I doubt you'll ever see a KA-50 in the real Navada desert, but perhaps in the DCS world ;)

Yeah, I love that terrain and the 3d model looks beautiful.

What about the shadow under that parking roof ? Oh let's say it's just WIP :)

Nice update, looking forward to Producer's note #3.

And BTW: Since you're going into nice details as that little shelter, I'd love to see some taxi signs and taxi markings on the ground in this kind of fashion:http://www.airportinfosite.com/Runway_and_Taxiway_Signs/Taxiway_Intersection_Sign.jpg and http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/publications/directline/dl3_taxi_f1.gif

And to that extent:

They should also build the airports in comforming with location and design of their real world counterparts - Taxi ways and information signs placed and designated as per the US AIP, A full set of charts would be A+ as well.

Take my A-10C IFR through nevada :pilotfly:

It's only new terrain guys..... looks good thought. At the end of the day it's very sandy, you'll soon get bored of it and hark for some trees and lakes.

Visual ref points are a bit lacking too...easy to get lost. Hope we get lots of old plane wrecks and proper ranges, any chance?:music_whistling:

New terrain geography will always make a sim fan happy. ;)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Nellis%20AFB&gs_upl=1552,48,6,2,96,111,5,1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Lots of visual references ;), that black highway for one thing.

I think it would be pretty interesting to have a MP server setup at Nellis specifically for online training. A-10's taking off and rtb, formation takeoff's, landings etc. Throw in a dedicated ATC in there and I would be very happy!

Anyway you can let us know what the Nevada map size is?

This actually is a good question. I wouldn't expect an answer until DCS:A10C is out at the earliest though

Regards!!

Edited by amalahama

....all DCS titles are suposed to end up as single interconected title right?

Not necessarily. A lot might happen between now and when the Sky finally falls on our heads ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

They should also build the airports in comforming with location and design of their real world counterparts - Taxi ways and information signs placed and designated as per the US AIP, A full set of charts would be A+ as well.

A simple Google for "Nellis AFB (KLSV)" should put you on links for all kinds of sectional charts, airport diagrams, arrival and depature charts and references, range descriptions, Red Flag information, etc, etc. I would not expect ED to provide all this information.

As for Nellis itself, just looking at the screenshots you can determine whether or not the airfield is "comforming with location and design of their real world counterparts". It clearly is. The 03/21-R/L runways are clearly visable in the first screenshot, along with Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Las Vegas in the background. The A-10 in picture #1 is on an approximately 32-33 heading north-northwest of Las Vegas headed out over the Desert MOA (approximately 36°44'17"N 114°54'31"W) - just a guess on my part.

In shot #2, you can clearly see State Route 7 (HWY 93) just above the Interstate 15 intersection.

The last screenshot is more than likely taken from Ramp G looking across the runways towards the main flightline.

All in all, I'd say the "accuracy" is right-on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A simple Google for "Nellis AFB (KLSV)" should put you on links for all kinds of sectional charts, airport diagrams, arrival and depature charts and references, range descriptions, Red Flag information, etc, etc. I would not expect ED to provide all this information.

As for Nellis itself, just looking at the screenshots you can determine whether or not the airfield is "comforming with location and design of their real world counterparts". It clearly is. The 03/21-R/L runways are clearly visable in the first screenshot, along with Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Las Vegas in the background. The A-10 in picture #1 is on an approximately 32-33 heading north-northwest of Las Vegas headed out over the Desert MOA (approximately 36°44'17"N 114°54'31"W) - just a guess on my part.

In shot #2, you can clearly see State Route 7 (HWY 93) just above the Interstate 15 intersection.

The last screenshot is more than likely taken from Ramp G looking across the runways towards the main flightline.

I would go as far as to say it's easier to copy what already exists than to "make it up" so yeah I would fully agree the accuracy of this airport/terrain is probably bang on.

Great Stuff ED, nice screenshots! :thumbup:

And on the first image, i see different Mk-82s on the pylons ... :music_whistling: maybe different fuzes?

kind regards,

fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And on the first image, i see different Mk-82s on the pylons ... :music_whistling: maybe different fuzes?

kind regards,

fire

i think one of them might be retarded with a dragchute...

I fly a good deal out of Nellis in FSX with TileProxy, and those screenshots looks absolutely spot on.

R.A.D.I.C.A.L., dude.

Edited by Cornbread
Editor by trade, and I can't stand misplaced commas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great job so far Wags! I wish the DCS sdk was compatible with more 3d packages however. 3d Studio Max is quite an expense on a hobbyist budget, and unfortunately has become the only available option for many game related plugins. If only Lightwave would do more developer courting...

kind regards,

fire

One Mk-82HD and one GBU-38 JDAM.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

US Aeronautical information is made freely available, and wouldn't be difficult at all to license for the game, nor expensive. (Unlike for other places in the world, where jeppesen is commonly the only option of charting, extraordinarily expensive charting......

Because the US government makes this a cheap option for all pilots, including this information as it (hopefully) appears in game is expected in my opinion.

Including release date versions of enroute L-9, L-7, H3/4, the Las Vegas Sectional, Terminal and DP/IAP charts for the respective airports modeled in the scenery would not be difficult, or pricy. It's also to the benefit of the user. Cheap+good for users=Good for Eagle Dynamics :).

Plus where else are you supposed to find charts if you're a noob to hardcore sims? eh? if I didn't have my pilot's license I wouldn't know where to look for this shit, let alone that it exists :). needs to be included for users to experience it.

Edit:

and better yet? Include a lesson on charts, their applicability, purpose, and how to fly using them.

Edited by redberon2003