3D models from Tomcatz

Here is a link provide to me by Tomcatz. It is his latest work.

Note: I am just providing the link to his zip file. Please if you download this file would you please share your experiences with Tom including any issues. Thanks and enjoy flying.:)

http://remixshare.com/download/k8fao

This is a really nice package guys but please read the readme file form Tomcatz first.

Edited by rattler

I take out MiG-29c from packet an it's a GREAT MODEL. Much better then stock model. Have some bug's but not a big deal. TOMCATZ nice work and thank you for FREE model!!!!

Yes I did the same for the f-15. What are some of the bugs, can you post a screen shot because I will be loading up and would like to see if the same issues arise on my PC. Thanks.:thumbup:

There are the picture's. Also the engines door's are opening when flaps are down (door's who are up) and when the gear's are down (the door's who are down). It wont be nice when hydro. is dead and both engine door's are closed. Anyway this is GREAT MODEL I like damage model very much!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ScreenShot_295.thumb.jpg.a112f5b54a91c8192ad15eb57695ecd0.jpg

ScreenShot_297.thumb.jpg.ea036a2a25de3baf59d898b53dc8a65e.jpg

ScreenShot_292.thumb.jpg.7e41ba1d5aa8ede6803e3ad8b193e4d2.jpg

Edited by Presing

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Thank you very much.

Well I know about some borders around the pit. It is possible to add the cockpit position a little bit higher, isn`t it. I`m not pretty sure if all integrity checks will be okay them.

About the lights: I know about these illum effect. You allways can see it when another object lights will shine on your position lights. This effect is since FC2 and I don`t know how to handle. But it isn`t a big problem I hope so.

About the intake doors: It`s a little bit more complicated:

If the engine starts and the engine work increase up over about 35%RPM the front intake doors will be shutted down completely. In same time the intake louvers above will be open to bring enough air to the engine.

When the jet starts and rides faster them 108 KIAS the front doors open and coordinates the air flow into the engine. The underpressure make sure that the intake louvers be shutted. This mode works for a speed up till Mach1.5. "open" means that the doors open up to 65% in maximum.

When the pilot brings the engine down immediately the front door shut down to control the airflow and the engine. If the system are destroyed or have issues the pilot can open the door manually via key "Noteinfahren". Otherwise the machine is able to run up to Mach 0.8 with closed doors.

I coupled it with flaps `course they work simular to the landing- and take off procedures. My best wishes,

TOM

(sorry for my English)

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Not up on the Mig to much but those doors close to prevent ingesting foreign object when on the ground. Hence the closer at low speeds( taxiing as example). At higher speeds they will open to allow much need air flow to the engines.How this all works for the sim. well Tom and other people have a way better handle on that.

Tom I don't have the light issue on the F-15. Actually the F-15 is working very nicely. I have added some texture changes and will show pics and if you would like the files, I can send them to you so you can include them in other updates.Cheers. Love these 3d mods. I would not change the poly count for the 3D models, they are working great as is just touch up some of the issues that arise. IMHO anyway. Great work Tom.:thumbup::thumbup:

Well -

It isn`t easy. In the original Flight operation manuals of the MiG29 are the procedures showed very exactly. When the machine haven`t any hydraulics and the engines don`t runing the ramps are open. After the engines runing faster them 35% the ramps shutted down. After 108KIAS the ramps opened. For the rest we have different limitations just like speed and altitude. So as for examble:

below 8850 metres, above M1.15 or above 8850 metres below M1.15 = we an wedge extension about 0 to 35%.

But basecally I have to follow the indications in cockpit wich shows us in wich status the ramps presently are.

It is still the same thing as like as with the fuel indicator. Wich means that the switch under the scale is on "P"! So the scale have to show us the complete internal fuel quantity state. But it still show us tanks 1 , 2 , 3 and the wing tanks without centreline or/ and wing drob tanks. Or so same as like the nozzles. They are completely open when the engines run with low power. Basecally we havent an animation wich allows us to control the nozzles the complete RPM way including afterburner.

Well- Thats not really importent. Some very small details only. I`m pretty sure that an fully simulated fighter of the DCS series will have all these little upgrades and I can play a little bit with fuel settings, inake ramps, IFF systems, RADAR options and different air pressures just like as in reality.

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Well -

It isn`t easy. In the original Flight operation manuals of the MiG29 are the procedures showed very exactly. When the machine haven`t any hydraulics and the engines don`t runing the ramps are open. After the engines runing faster them 35% the ramps shutted down. After 108KIAS the ramps opened. For the rest we have different limitations just like speed and altitude. So as for examble:

below 8850 metres, above M1.15 or above 8850 metres below M1.15 = we an wedge extension about 0 to 35%.

But basecally I have to follow the indications in cockpit wich shows us in wich status the ramps presently are.

It is still the same thing as like as with the fuel indicator. Wich means that the switch under the scale is on "P"! So the scale have to show us the complete internal fuel quantity state. But it still show us tanks 1 , 2 , 3 and the wing tanks without centreline or/ and wing drob tanks. Or so same as like the nozzles. They are completely open when the engines run with low power. Basecally we havent an animation wich allows us to control the nozzles the complete RPM way including afterburner.

Well- Thats not really importent. Some very small details only. I`m pretty sure that an fully simulated fighter of the DCS series will have all these little upgrades and I can play a little bit with fuel settings, inake ramps, IFF systems, RADAR options and different air pressures just like as in reality.

Tom, if you follow what ED does for these things, I think that would be fine until you are allowed due to ED updates to explore more options. This right now would be a waste of your time. Your time is precious.:D