DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

When A-10 fires Avenger, there's no runing.....:music_whistling: :lol:

There's nothing friendly about "friendly fire"

----------------------------------------------------------------

A cigarette is a pinch of tobacco, wrapped in paper, fire at one end, fool at the other.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side,

and it holds the universe together.

After (M)onday and (T)uesday even the week says WTF !!

When A-10 fires Avenger, there's no runing.....:music_whistling: :lol:

Or you can try and run but you wont get too far in the half second before

the 30mm stream of API/HEI party mix finds you and shows you what it fells like to get ripped apart. Just thought I'd throw that out there.:music_whistling:

Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, Sapphire 5870, TM Warthog, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7

I asked few times about in-game FFB being of full fidelity (proportional) to what forces pilot feels on the flight stick in Russian ACs (LO FC/2, DCS) and I haven't got an answer. Maybe now someone will answer the question regarding to A-10C at least?

Ouch 46 pages to read, too lazy for that lol. :music_whistling:

That's what the little button labeled "search" is for.:thumbup:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Did I just hear someone complain about reading 46 pages???

For a worthwhile flight sim that's NOTHING! Falcon OF involves reading 800. FC2's is over 300.

*sigh*

Console games will spoon feed you in about 10 pages. Go for it.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

^^^That too.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

Many times DCS:Blackshark begins to feel like a shooting gallery. The men don't flee and the vehicles just stay stationary when everything around them is being blown up. Is there going to be any improvement to the AI so they act more realistically?

Slayer I agree. I would however add that by adding the kind of functionality and power to the Mission Editor that was asked for in the BS forum would allow us mission editors to 'program' better AI into the missions.

There has been so many pictures and information on the A10C but next to nothing on the ME itself. What I have seen however does make me feel like it hasn't (the ME) received the kind of attention the a10c along with the graphics engine etc has. I hope I am wrong, maybe ED can comment?

I stopped playing Black Shark for exactly the reason Slayer mentioned. It felt like a turkey shoot except the turkeys could see and fire through trees and the Radars weren't affected by ground clutter and notching. The AI were either plain stupid or had amazing awareness/vision & were ridiculously accurate.

I am very much looking forward to the a10c but sincerely hope that the radar units and missiles (IR and radar and LOS) are modelled accurately along with some random operator/equipment competence/success element.

Finally, the ME could do with the kind of control that ArmaII or OPFDG has over units/squads/groups/sides/vehicles/helis/aircraft etc ... The flexibilty to program the opposition and non-player units in these games is excellent in comparison to the BS ME.

As mission builders, unless we can make the opposition AI act in a way that is realistic then we will quickly lose the 'operational' realism feeling that, from what I have seen so far, this a10c release deserves.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Druid, without giving away too many secrets without Wags / ED stepping up to answer you, I'll tell you as much as yes, we will see much better methods to program the AI's behaviour.

I hope we will be allowed to give you a sneak preview into some of the improvements to the ME and AI behaviour.

That been said, it wont solve all the things we would like to get solved. But we're moving one more step towards a virtual battlefield and the control we mission-editor junkies need.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Panzertard. Thanks for the quick reply. Given the amount of info released on the aircraft, graphics and landscape I am surprised nothing much has been released regarding the AI and the ME.

So, ED please put me (and a few others) out of our misery.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Panzertard. Thanks for the quick reply. Given the amount of info released on the aircraft, graphics and landscape I am surprised nothing much has been released regarding the AI and the ME.

So, ED please put me (and a few others) out of our misery.

I agree, the AI is the biggest issue of DCS BS and it's worth keeping in mind than gross of the current AI problems are not ME solvable.

As we've indicated before, there are a number of new AI features being developed. There is also an entirely new task setting logic. However, all of this is still being finalized, so it's a bit early to provide all the details. We will once we are sure the information is accurate to what will be in the final release.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

As we've indicated before, there are a number of new AI features being developed. There is also an entirely new task setting logic. However, all of this is still being finalized, so it's a bit early to provide all the details. We will once we are sure the information is accurate to what will be in the final release.

Thank you for the update. Are you referring to the topic solely on the subject of new AI features for DCS series that has been officially posted about a year ago?

Thanks for the replies on the AI Panzertard and EvilBivol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Thanks. Appreciate the reassurance and comments with regard to the ME and AI.

Have ground/airborne radar systems and radar missiles been modelled accurately?

Specifically, will it be possible to beam and notch pulse doppler type radar systems or fly low using available ground cover where some radar systems suffer from ground clutter etc.

Of course I understand it would be impossible to model each system even 80% accurately, but just wondered how far you have gone and maybe you could provide an example or two?

The a10c, has in comparison to other jet aircraft, a much lower IR heat signature especially from the front and sides. Has this been modelled? i.e. are those IR missiles going to be as deadly accurate as they were in BS?

Are these AI features going to be updated to Black Shark? Logically they will of course be the same in the DCS multiplayer environment but will the AI improve also in BS single player? I don't expect all the same features like mission editor and stuff like that to be fully transferred to BS. Just wondering if the AI will be improved for BS too so it would finally be worth trying single player campaigns.

The Mavericks would be the closest thing you have to a SEAD payload. Other aircraft with radar usually fulfill that role.

-Robert Goddard

by the way will the A-10C will have the capabilities to do SEAD mission and carry SEAD payload?

No, the A-10 is a CAS aircraft and does not perform SEAD missions.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

... when performing SEAD missions. Sure.

I mean it obviously also have the datalink like the A-10C has, the advanced navigation systems like the A-10C has, the targeting pod like the A-10C has, the wide selection of weapons, including launch and leave missiles for A2G work like the A-10C has, the automated defensive systems like the A-10C has, the - well, did I miss anything?

... oh wait. ;)

So i guess the SU25T is still superior comparing to the A10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

So i guess the SU25T is still superior comparing to the A10C

LOL, not even slightly. I'd love to hear your reasoning behind such a statement.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The way I see it Su-25T can do anything A-10C can... it can take out any target the A-10 can and since it can carry more weapons (with Vikhrs) it can take out more targets... it has greater speed but less manouverable... and it can do one thing A-10 can't... SEAD.

No longer active in DCS...