DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

China, Mongolia, Russia and many CIS countries use flight levels specified in meters.

FL 0300 meter = (1,000 ft.)

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Flight_level

QFE (Station Field Elevation) is used in Russia and China mainly and only for departure and arrival. QFE will cause an altimeter to read zero when at the reference datum of a particular airfield (generally a runway threshold).

Originally Posted by Hack74 viewpost.gif

"When I get takeoff clearance from ATC he ends the call with climb 300 at QFE 29. What does climb 300 mean?"

I interpret that to mean climb to 1000' above airport elevation. :pilotfly:

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

hello

how can i use my MOUSE to freelook in the cockpit and zoom in/out to the panels(like flaming cliff2). or what is the best way to look inside the cockpit panels

i saw alot of videos of guys, smoothly view inside the cockpit

thanks for help

Edited by amnm

Running the bomb training mission. Its all good until late in the mission when I have dropped weps on multiple targets at the range. Looked down at side panels and all the labelling for switches were missing... Ran the mission again and at first the labels were there, once targets on fire/smoking, the labels had again gone missing on side panels left and right. Anyone else ever seen this?

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

hello

how can i use my MOUSE to freelook in the cockpit and zoom in/out to the panels(like flaming cliff2). or what is the best way to look inside the cockpit panels

i saw alot of videos of guys, smoothly view inside the cockpit

thanks for help

There's a way to switch between mouse look and pressing buttons with the mouse. I have it remapped to a button on my joystick, but I think the default is LeftAlt+C or something. You need to switch between these modes to be able to look around with the mouse (and zoom with the mousewheel), and then using the mouse to press buttons.

• Like 1

sorry for my silly question, but DCS A10 is finalised now and no longer in beta stage ?

It is officially released. It will never be finished (if you know what i mean ;)).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Heh. Falcon 4.0 still isn't finished. Why would A-10C be? :D

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

using mouse to look inside cockpit

There's a way to switch between mouse look and pressing buttons with the mouse. I have it remapped to a button on my joystick, but I think the default is LeftAlt+C .

thank you alot bro:) ,i can focus in other things now:joystick:

I was wondering about this passage in the Q&A:

Q: Does DCS: A-10C use all cores on my CPU?

A: Not fully. It does include the new sound engine which operates in a separate thread, and does take advantage of some DirectX threading features when running on Windows Vista or 7.

Right now I have my i7 860 overclocked using the Turbo-feature which means it is more optimised for single core apps. Does A10 benefit more from a high single clock or does it use more cores? If it would I would disable the Turbo and shoot for a higher clockrate for all cores.

Hi, just a quick question, any known reason why a track would not record what I'm doing ?

I did a really basic mission for video purpose, 4 tanks, me and a few AGM65.

Basically I fly for 1 min, engage the 4 target in 2 runs and end the mission.

I run the track and it's completely different, the damn "thing" is engaging building, flying eracticaly and finally crash.

So I did it a second time...same...

a third time...same....

I already lost one hour on this, any help would be greatly appreciated because this f**k**g issue drives me crazy.

Thanks

I what to buy 2 GTX570 and do SLI.

The SLI works fine with this sim?

My setup:

Sandy bridge i5 2500 3.3Ghz

CPU Fan - Arctic Freezer 13

Asus P8P67 pro

Corsair HX 850W Active PFC 12cm Fan Modular

8G 1600Mhz G.Skill RipJaws X

1T WD sata III 64M buffer

(need to buy GTX570 maybe to SLI if the sim compatible)

Some one have similar setup? Can you tell me how the A-10 will run on this setup?

Thanks, and sorry on the digging

wow I must be missing something. I can't seen to find the key command to show labels on enemy positions on the planning map. Can anyone help me.

CaptMac

you have to have the box checked in game settings and then its Left Cntrl F10, F9, F11.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Flashing 'Note' On The HUD

I've had this come up a few times. Probably after a failed bombing attempt, but I'm not sure. Spent a lot of time trying to find it in the manuals to no avail. What does it mean? Can I access the complete explanation and fix it? Should I ignor it?

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

I've had this come up a few times. Probably after a failed bombing attempt, but I'm not sure. Spent a lot of time trying to find it in the manuals to no avail. What does it mean? Can I access the complete explanation and fix it? Should I ignor it?

Turn your "EO" off and back on again under DSMS MSL menu. You can't leave the Mav's sensor running forever ;)

A10 C Cockpit

:) Hi all.

Need to know how can I take picture of cockpit of A 10 C Warthog so I can print . I have some drowings but they are not the same the ones on the A10 C Warthog final release. Any help will be very appreciated.

All the best to all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.