DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Unable to bring up the rearming window with keys L-alt & ' while in the cockpit. The ' key works by itself bringing up the player pool & L-alt works by itself in combo with L-Tab switching to desktop. Yesterday it worked once while holding down the L-alt & repeatedly selecting the ' key, but couldn't get it to work any other time on two different servers. Any ideas plz?

Thank you!

Looks like the effect from copying standalone configs to DCSW. Try deleting your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C folder and set up the controls from scratch

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there. So after spending 1,5 days getting my old Saitek X45 to work with DCS A-10 I've spend another day trying to assign commands to the buttons. But I've no idea what is essential to have, so I tried to download a profile for the X45. It's in a .pr0 file and it says it requires the latest profiler to work? Sorry. I'm still very much lost :(

• ED Team
Hi there. So after spending 1,5 days getting my old Saitek X45 to work with DCS A-10 I've spend another day trying to assign commands to the buttons. But I've no idea what is essential to have, so I tried to download a profile for the X45. It's in a .pr0 file and it says it requires the latest profiler to work? Sorry. I'm still very much lost :(

I used to use an x45, its best to not use target software, just map them in game.

Take a look at this album with some pictures that helped me, they are not my own and credit to original users

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=604

picture.php?albumid=604&pictureid=4101

DMS, TMS, CHINA HAT, BOAT SWITCH are the ones that are most important

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have no experience with the Saitek software.

But the most important buttons, hats and switches are the ones listed under HOTAS in the A-10C controls.

I think what you should really do is to go through the tutorial missions that come with the sim. They'll explain the HOTAS concept and start putting all of those buttons to use, so you'll quickly get an idea what each of them does and how they are used.

The manual also includes a very detailed description of stick and throttle, so if you plan on building your own profile, you can use that to try and get the A-10C button mapped to something that is roughly at the same spot on your HOTAS.

A .pr0 file is a profile for Saitek Smart Technology. You can download it on Saitek's website.

You could also map the controls from the in-game controls menu if you prefer. Basically, you want to have everything from the HOTAS section mapped to your joystick and throttle. There is a description of the real life A-10 HOTAS controls in the manual. If you have any spare buttons after you can map other important stuff like landing gear and flaps.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whenever I had to setup a new stick I found it much better to do it slowly and not use someone's else setup. Its just made one more thing you have to learn, on top of the sim, and since it was someone's else it sometimes felt totally unnatural to me which made it hard to learn and remember. .

What I would do is start using the sim and and as I found functions I needed I added them to the stick. It's build as you go/learn but you'll remember it easier since you add the ones you find to be important. (At least I do) There is no need to try and set it up all at once do it as you learn the sim and I think you'll find in the end you will remember it easier and it'll be the way you like it.:joystick:

• Like 1

just a quick one (having trouble searching for it) but is there a way to stop the steerpoints from automatically switching to the next one once you reach your current steerpoint?

(i find that if i'm doing multiple strafe runs onto the same steerpoint i'll have to reset my steerpoint everytime I go past)

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

awesome, that helps a lot :) UFC func 5 (commit to memory!)

Another question : I can now complete the hard instant action mission, but I'm still having trouble understanding what JTAC is telling me ( end up destroying all of the vehicles but JTAC yells at me to abort everytime i fire my weapons hah).

I think that JTAC is trying to tell me what to blow up first? But i have no idea what they are saying.

When I get to 6th waypoint in any of the instant action missions, I contact JTAC and select 4. 60 minute Check-in. And from that point on I dont understand what they are telling me.

Would it help if I knew more about navigation? I don't know what to do with the coordinates they give me.

I've been focusing on flying/landing/weapons so I'm still new to CDU etc.

look up the flight manual. there is some info there. the 9-line is a 9-line form basically with all the info you need to know.

also, you have to read the 9-line back to them and remember to IP inbound (through comms). then they will tell you youre clear to take out the target. shouldnt yell at you then if you're using the right weapon.

• Like 1

so i was flying a campaign mission the other day. i hit my snap view and looked at a MFCD only to come out of it to see the ground spinning in circles and coming fast. i pull out of the spin and level off. but every time i let off the left roll with the joystick my plane would start rolling rapidly to the right. in the cockpit i could see the stick pulling to the right. not sure what happened. its like the right aileron was stuck in the up position.

what was wrong with my plane? and can i fix it? i didnt take any fire, not sure what happened. i'm guessing a random failure. i managed to land the plane with only minor damage to the landing gear. so it wasnt a total failure

schkorpio...

look up the flight manual. there is some info there. the 9-line is a 9-line form basically with all the info you need to know.

also, you have to read the 9-line back to them and remember to IP inbound (through comms). then they will tell you youre clear to take out the target. shouldnt yell at you then if you're using the right weapon.

perfect thank you both :):joystick:

Ok, now I need help with a problem....

I am using Track IR 5, I don't know what happened but it stopped working, I uninstalled it and tried to re install the latest track IR 5 software. But when I try to install it I get an error message saying "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I then tried installing an older version of the Track IR software (version 4) This works just fine....

My problem now is when I try to use the F8 button to rearm, or send commands to my wing men I cannot because this button is now reserved to change the speed of the Tracker IR!

I can't find where I need to go to re map this... Any ideas???

Thanks,

Chair and Canopy not ejecting!

There is the Key-Command "Eject" in SIM but there is no ejecting taking place. That also goes for the Canopy in case it should be blown first, but it's also not reacting, even when manually applied in the Cockpit. That is increasing my death rate even by minor hits.

Have I missed something else that should be done first to activate those beside the Chair-Handle?:joystick:

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

so i was flying a campaign mission the other day. i hit my snap view and looked at a MFCD only to come out of it to see the ground spinning in circles and coming fast. i pull out of the spin and level off. but every time i let off the left roll with the joystick my plane would start rolling rapidly to the right. in the cockpit i could see the stick pulling to the right. not sure what happened. its like the right aileron was stuck in the up position.

what was wrong with my plane? and can i fix it? i didnt take any fire, not sure what happened. i'm guessing a random failure. i managed to land the plane with only minor damage to the landing gear. so it wasnt a total failure

I can think of two possible root causes here:

- did you map multiple controller axis to the ailerons, by chance? Hit RCTRL+RETURN to show the Axis-monitoring in the lower left corner, to see what's going on (red transparent field, showing all the input control axis and there actual input)

- or maybe you have trimmed the plane extremely? Maybe also mapped to additonal inputs? ...or your trim hat's button is stuck/broken?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

perfect thank you both :):joystick:

I recommend reading "Firestrike 7/9" by Paul "Bommer" Grahame. It is about fighting in Afghanistan's Green Zone from the perspective of a JTAC.

Really helps to understand the whole JTAC concept, and the procedures.

Basically, always remember: The JTAC buys the bomb. He is responsible, he orders the direction of attack, the type of ordnance for the job, he orders the strike ("cleared hot!")... He has eyes on the tagret, or know its location.

You have to trust the JTAC he knows his job.

If you didn't get a "Cleared hot!" - he will possibly yell at you... in real life you may face a court-martial, because you endangered innocent civillians or friendlies. :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

thanks shagrat. i thought it might be a joystick issue, i unplugged it, plugged it back in, and checked the SST software to see if there was a button stuck, there wasnt. it was also showing zero input from the axis. which is why i thought maybe it was a failure of the plane. i did try hitting the t/o trim button which did nothing.

I don't think the cockpit eject handles work.... Just the command "CTRL E" three times.

Knock three times, that's the answer! Nice to see the ejection for the first time...

Thanks a lot

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Rearm always gives default loadout

I'm trying to rearm mid-mission (campaign, single player missions) using any of the preprogrammed loadouts in the ground crew menu, but when I select some specific loadout the ground crew keeps giving me the default loadout (the one I started the mission with) regardless of what loadout I select. Does anyone know what I might be missing here?

Thanks in advance!