DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I have been online a few times and not been able to find the radio freq's for the tanker. I can navigate to it using the Tacan but am unable to make contact. Are there default radio freqs for the tankers that I can write down or do they always change for each mission?

Thank's for any info

I have been online a few times and not been able to find the radio freq's for the tanker. I can navigate to it using the Tacan but am unable to make contact. Are there default radio freqs for the tankers that I can write down or do they always change for each mission?

Thank's for any info

I think it is in the mission briefing. I've not done refueling yet but I've been studying up on it and I think it can change each time. Check the briefing to see the frequency and then just make sure you're using the correct radio. Also make sure that radio is in the right mode. I found that I was turning the radio knob to the wrong position and couldn't get ATC to respond. I think I was doing that because in the tutorial it was a little slow to respond at that stage and I turned the knob one spot too far about the time the tutorial advanced so there I was thinking it had to be in that position. When I finally zoomed in to check it, I was in "TR".

Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But my issue is the radio freqs are not always in the mission briefing.... So I am wondering if I can just tune to "xxx.xx" as the default freq or am I out of luck unless I guess right?

In that case, blame the mission designer. :)

I don't have a whole lot of MP experience, but in most SP missions, tankers can be reached at 124.00 or (more often) 150.00 VHF AM. Might be worth a try.

Thank's 311,

But my issue is the radio freqs are not always in the mission briefing.... So I am wondering if I can just tune to "xxx.xx" as the default freq or am I out of luck unless I guess right?

If the mission maker did not change the setting, 150.00AM is the default frequency, so that would be your best bet if it isn't in the mission briefing. If the mission make DID change it but did not list what that was in the briefing, might as well not try.

DCS A-10 Wartlog didn´t run

Hi all,

I have installed DCS A-10 Wartlog from an original DVD on my computer (Windows 7, 8MByte, Direct X10 ) and installation runs well. After starting on the main screen and set opttions for screen, voice and so on, I tried to start anything (quick start, mission, trainings, campagnes and so on). Nothing is going on. Everytime programm is loading for a long time and interupts with following message: Programm didn´t work. Wait for solution.

I´m very disappointed to get no simple actions to start.

Is there anybody who have an idea to help? I have tried anything what was discribed in the manuals.

Kind regards and in advantage, Juergen

Hi all,

I have installed DCS A-10 Wartlog from an original DVD on my computer (Windows 7, 8MByte, Direct X10 ) and installation runs well. After starting on the main screen and set opttions for screen, voice and so on, I tried to start anything (quick start, mission, trainings, campagnes and so on). Nothing is going on. Everytime programm is loading for a long time and interupts with following message: Programm didn´t work. Wait for solution.

Is there anybody who have an idea to help? I have tried anything what was discribed in the manuals.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling then report back.

Or update to DCS World and the A-10 module, since the DVD version is nearly 2 years out of date.

DCS World

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

A-10 module

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/?

The key that came with your disk will work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi all,

Did you install the DirectX 9(!) coming with the game? It is required as well as the C++2010 install. These should trigger automatically on install.

DX9 does NOT overwrite or replace DX10 it just adds libraries the sim needs, that are not included in DX10 or higher.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm currently playing the built in campaign and i appear to be stuck on mission 7 "7-1-0".

The goal is to help Redskin and Packer to advance to some points.

I however have no idea how to aquire all the targets properly. All 4 JTACs appear to give me targets way out of the battlefield and i tried manually aquiring the targets through the TGP, managed to find some, got shot down after an hour.

Am i playing this mission the right way? Any help would be appreaciated.

Finding air targets and offsetting from my planes current position.

Okay two quick questions about single player.

When my omniscient wingman locates some anti-air defense and relates that info to me:

(i.e. "Hawg 1-1, anti-air defense, 035 for 4")

I am under the impression that he is using my position as a reference point. Is there a way for me to offset from my aircraft current position?

When awacs starts making calls to me about enemy aircraft and giving me a BRA (bearing Range Altitude) is there a way for me to offset to find the aircraft. there does not seem to be a way to create an offset waypoint with elevation. So whats the best way to handle those calls?

Okay two quick questions about single player.

When my omniscient wingman locates some anti-air defense and relates that info to me:

(i.e. "Hawg 1-1, anti-air defense, 035 for 4")

I am under the impression that he is using my position as a reference point. Is there a way for me to offset from my aircraft current position?

When awacs starts making calls to me about enemy aircraft and giving me a BRA (bearing Range Altitude) is there a way for me to offset to find the aircraft. there does not seem to be a way to create an offset waypoint with elevation. So whats the best way to handle those calls?

Someone else will have better information than I do about this; but yes I think your wingman is giving information based on either your current position or his (I have always assumed it was his but only because I can't give that information based on my wingman's location and instead have to use my own). The AWACS I think has always given me information based on the bullseye location but that may not be correct. There is a way to set an offset in the CDU. The guide is here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72101 This is one of the better tutorials I've dealt with. WarriorX does some good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jtac coordinates

When inputting a coordinate from Jtac starting with KM it marks a distance to target of approximately 380 miles. Am i doing something wrong? No problems when inputting a coordinate starting with GG

Mayby a strange question:) I have a HOTAS Warthog and was wondering are the throttles in original A10C connected? Is there a switch to connect them like on the Warthog or are they seperate allways and the pilot just moves the two of them simultaneusly?

Mayby a strange question:) I have a HOTAS Warthog and was wondering are the throttles in original A10C connected? Is there a switch to connect them like on the Warthog or are they seperate allways and the pilot just moves the two of them simultaneusly?

No, there is no connection in RL.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Check that you use the good grid (38T or 37T) on the LSK3 on your CDU when entering the point :).

How do you know which one should be used? As I said i find no problem when entering a UTM coordinate starting with GG. The problem only occurs when input a coordinate starting with KM

Oh, thank you i thought it was just for coolness or for people to wonder not any actual practical use. But I have another one: today while I was practising a fight with tunguska I turned really hard a couple of times to avoid the missle it shot at me and suddenly my right wing fell off. Nothing hit me I watched the replay, was it possible that I over g'd or I don't know put too much force on the wings during the turn that it broke off?

Nothing hit me I watched the replay, was it possible that I over g'd

Yes, replay the track and watch the g-meter. Also mind your weapons load at that time, it can have a significant influence on the ability of the plane to tolerate g.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I was fully loaded: 6xAGM65D, 4xAIM9, 2xCBU87 and 2xCBU97 full ammo load, the percentage of load was about 98%. The g was approx 5-6 g's if I recall correctly. Is there a way to tell what g the plane can withstand according to load percentage?