DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Newbie Help Required

Hi all,

I'm new to DCS world and flight sims in general. I have been flying the SU25T mostly, although I have purchased the A10C content I'm finding it a bit hard going. The issue I'd like to resolve in A10C is regarding cockpit views. I don't currently have Track IR and find viewing the cockpit tricky...the 'mouse look' feature of SU25T is much better suited to me. I know this (SU25T) doesn't have a clickable cockpit, but, is it possible to use the mouse for cockpit viewing in the A10C? I have Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick and like to use the 'hat' for TDC slewing.

Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Worther

@ Worther:

LAlt + C is mouse look toggle. You could probably map it so you could change between clickable cockpit when needed and mouse look.

Also check out freetrack http://www.free-track.net/english/ for an alternative to Tir. I use freetrack with a wii controller and it is stable and costs way less than Tir.

Edited by Crypstik

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8BNA, C-101CC/EB, F-14 A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16CM, F/A-18C & Super carrier, F-86F-35, L-39 C/ZA, Mirage 2000C, MIG-15BIS, MIG-21BIS, MIG-29, SU-25A, SU-25T, SU-27, SU-3.  BF-109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk IX, TF-51D.  AH-64D, KA-50 2, KA-50 3, MI-24P, MI-8MTV2, UH-1H.  Caucasus, Nevada/NTTR, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, Sinai

Hi all,

I'm new to DCS world and flight sims in general. I have been flying the SU25T mostly, although I have purchased the A10C content I'm finding it a bit hard going. The issue I'd like to resolve in A10C is regarding cockpit views. I don't currently have Track IR and find viewing the cockpit tricky...the 'mouse look' feature of SU25T is much better suited to me. I know this (SU25T) doesn't have a clickable cockpit, but, is it possible to use the mouse for cockpit viewing in the A10C? I have Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick and like to use the 'hat' for TDC slewing.

Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Worther

Hey Worther

I have been hesitating a few hours before answering this but I HAVE to tell you this : no matter what solution you choose (Free headtracking, TIR, etc), head tracking device for views is, for me, THE ONE THING that revolutionned the whole immersion and experience of flight sims!!! I think that it is way more a priority than buying aircrafts! Take the step and go for it, you will never want to go back!!!

(a friendly advice) :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

;1888415']I think that if you double click your mouse wheel button it also cycles through mouse look' date=' mouse click in the A-10C, been a while since I was up in the Hog![/quote']

I can confirm this, my friend (noob with keyboard/crapstick combo) reported he wasnt able to remap the mouse/cursor look, but middle mouse button was a good compromise.

Thanks to all for the rapid replies....I'll try the 'mouse look' feature when I get chance (my twins are 4 years old tomorrow so it's busy here!). As for head tracking I did have TrackIR3...kind of liked it but felt I had to move my head too much relative to the monitor...I still have the 'camera' but can't find the head tracking clip (baseball cap type).

Is it worth buying a Track clip (£15 online) or saving for TrackIR5?

I'm on a limited budget so thanks for advice about getting head tracking sorted before 'posh' joystick.

I'm really enjoying the SU25T at the moment, when I get time, it's just the right difficulty for me right now..I'm hoping to grow into A10C!

Thanks again!

I've opened a thread in:

ED Forums » English » Digital Combat Simulator » DCS: A-10C Warthog » Bugs and Problems » A-10C Avionics and Weapons » SPI-Wingman assignment problem

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111757

For 9 weeks awaiting for Support without any reply! Two Updates already and it still hasn't been fixed!

Can you deal with it?

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

External View Problem

Hi Guys

Have just plugged in my shiny new TM Warthog stick and throttle and everything looks to be working as it should. However when I try and open an external view using the Function keys as I used to prior to installing the hog I get no views. The F keys do work for coms. Hopefully someone might be able to explain what I can do to restore the external view options.

Thanks

Win 11, 64bit | Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz (Not Overclocked) | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5

Just tried to install A10c 1.2.6.18651xxxx but it tells me I need version 1.2.6.18933,

However the existing torrent points to 1.2.6.18651

Is there a new torrent link some were.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I'm just shooting in the dark here- but if you install 18933 and then run the autoupdater will that work for you?

Sorry- I don't get what you mean by "it won't let you." And I'm not being sarcastic or a jerk... I'm just not 100% sure what you mean. What message comes up and at what point?

EDIT:

Okay- disregard... I saw a bit more info on that other thread-

A bit of a head scratcher that's for sure. I can't imagine they actually expect someone to "roll back" their new version of DCS world just so that person can install the only version they have available for download... then upgrade again?

Um.

But is that the solution? I sure hope there's something I'm missing.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

My friend Sir eldiablo suggested I try going through the single player modual manger, it seems to be downloading all again.

Ill post back in a hour or so.

Cheers......Shadow

PS: Done,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's been talked about before, but would the countermeassures dump feature on the A-10C be a reliable way of decoying a missile more effectively than just dumping flares like you noramlly would? I'm mostly wondering considering the speed of which the flares and chaffs are dumped when the switch is activated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

in the cockpit it feels my head default "Z" position is way too forward. Tried to enable and save snapview, but centering TIR5 it comes back to the same position, which is about in line with the seat forward edge, or the throttles and not somewhere just in front of the headrest. To watch the radios it seem like I'm looking way backwards. Where can I set it?

You might want to have a look at this mod.

Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi Guys,

in the cockpit it feels my head default "Z" position is way too forward. Tried to enable and save snapview, but centering TIR5 it comes back to the same position, which is about in line with the seat forward edge, or the throttles and not somewhere just in front of the headrest. To watch the radios it seem like I'm looking way backwards. Where can I set it?

Had recently same trouble...this solved it:

1. Go into DCS World>>Options>>Misc. > Check "Enable User Snap-View Saving"

2. load a mission.

3 . disable/pause your trackir

4. hit once "NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

and

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

5.now use"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back until the HUD fills the space to your liking.

6. Fine adjust it with

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

7.Once you are satisfied - hit

"RAlt+Num0" to Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle.

8.enable your TrackIr again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wingman is not responding to the order: Attack with/Air Defenses/..., he says first "roger" and then "rejoin". To the order: Attack/Air Defenses, always "unable"!! He does respond sometimes to the rest. (old problem since four updates)

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Adding TACAN Frequency to a Refueling Aircraft

When I set up a refueling aircraft in the mission builder I can edit the radio frequency but there does not appear to be an option to add a TACAN frequency. Can someone please advise if this can be done?

Win 11, 64bit | Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz (Not Overclocked) | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5

When I set up a refueling aircraft in the mission builder I can edit the radio frequency but there does not appear to be an option to add a TACAN frequency. Can someone please advise if this can be done?

You have to go to the advanced waypoint options after adding a WP.

There you will have four different options you can add. On the third you will find the action "activate TACAN".

There you go. The names I´ve used can be wrong, because i don´t use the english version.

However, you won´t have much fun with the tanker, because AAR does not work currently.

Ok, i have 2 questions:

- I can't disable the radar altimeter on my TM Warthog (to shut up the voice "pull up" + "altitude")

My switch has 2 positions NRM/DIS, but on DIS i still have the annoying voice...though the switch move also fine ingame (BTW adjusting volume switch to low is useless).

What am i missing here to shut up the voice?

Shouldn't the radar altimeter on DIS position shut up the voice?

- My auto-pilot (LAAP) isn't working at all. I press the black button (ingame or on my TM Warthog) without any success. Switching to PATH or ALT doesn't work either...

Is it supposed to work only on easy flight settings or? (never tried easy settings though)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, i have 2 questions:

- I can't disable the radar altimeter on my TM Warthog (to shut up the voice "pull up" + "altitude")

My switch has 2 positions NRM/DIS, but on DIS i still have the annoying voice...though the switch move also fine ingame (BTW adjusting volume switch to low is useless).

What am i missing here to shut up the voice?

Shouldn't the radar altimeter on DIS position shut up the voice?

full-11236-47545-dcs_2012_12_17_21_10_00_77.jpg

See that 'ALT ALERT' button under the MK and ENTER buttons on the UFC? Press it, then punch in a low numer "0" or "10" or something, then press the ALT ALERT button again. It will change the alert height to the value you entered, and betty will go quite. At least last time I tried, which was a while ago come to think of it.

Don't know about the TM Warthog related aspect of the question though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Echo.

That's it...was trying to find settings other place...but finally was right under my nose!! :megalol:

About the auto pilot, it seems sometime i get it to work, but other times not :(

Once i heard a strange "bip" when it was working...Should i hear this "bip" each time it is activated?

Is there a mini altitude for it to work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The autopilot is engaged when you hear the "bip" sound, yes.

Some autopilot modes require certain conditions before it can activate.

For example, ALT HOLD, requires you to be almost level. It allows for a slight bank so you can form an orbit pattern.

I think the PATH HOLD requires you to have close to no bank at all. You can have a climbing or diving motion though.

The ALT/HEADING HOLD requires you to be level in both pitch and bank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see...much clearer now :thumbup:

Was used to other sims auto pilots, but it seems they were very arcade! lol

I've set 1 for the Alt radar, but still hearing Betty's voice...though, i can fly lower now without warning.

Thanks again for your help. I'm in love with that fantastic bird :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]