DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Ok, the step by step:

- register an account here (this is important so use an Email you have access to. It also is the account for Multiplayer so don't lose the password!) http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/auth/?register=yes

- now go to "Licensing" under "Personal Section" when you are logged in:

You will see a "Serial Number" field and a "request information" button. Click on that and you get infos and the option to "Bind to another user with login:" enter your account here and click "bind".

attachment.php?attachmentid=113786&stc=1&d=1425157418

- Now start DCS World and go to Module Manager in the menu Login with the Account credentials from the store and usually it should pop up with "A new module is ready for installation"

If not search available modules list for A-10C, it should show an "Install" button rather than "Buy"

attachment.php?attachmentid=113787&stc=1&d=1425157802

If you run into any trouble post here or send a PM. :smartass:

Unbenannt.JPG.84c6ab9d1b5f615afcd80c6d0b4c02a5.JPG

Unbenannt2.JPG.d348876e92687904113db127db0dffcb.JPG

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Updating from 1.1.0.9

At shagrat & JayPee....thanks for the help getting updated. Already had installed DCS World but that needed an update as well. All went relatively smooth and I was up in the clouds in a couple hours. Only issue was the previous setting I had for all the hardware devices; TM HOTAS Stick & Throttle, Saitek rudders, TrackIR5 & a Razer Orbweaver. Had to remove a ton of settings that conflicted. All said it was immediately worth the trepidation of any big update.

Did not remove the previoius version of DCS A10C....all seems good, is it just a waste of space or will I encounter problems??

Quick question; are there keyboard inputs/assignments available for the MCFD OSBs that I could assign to one of the profiles on an Orbweaver? I'd like to eliminate as much mouse selection as reasonable.

Thanks again

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Unfortunately most of the binding and controls were changed in the last years, yet the TM Warthog and TrackIR have a standard config that puts it as in the real A-10.

As for any "additional" USB controllers, no, you have to set it up once for yourself. After that you may save the controls per device.

There is a nice PDF in the c:/program files/eagle dynamics/DCS world/Docs folder explaining in detail the control setup, modifiers and save function.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You need to Register the key on ED website with your account...

See here for details:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2332633

Shagrat

I was using Steam and it didnt work. Im downloading this right now...gonna be a few hours

Technically it should — Valve stopped syncing keys from the ED shop to Steam (the other way around continues to work), but an old key from a 2011 box should have been synced to Steam long ago. Or maybe they don't sync until the key gets used, I don't know.

Anyway, if you don't need Steam features you're better off with the direct install. It gets updates (new modules especially) before they arrive in the Steam version.

Ok, installed from download here. I got my A-10C working. Bad news is there's a weird bug..my planes are spinning like crazy and uncontrollable. The view seems bugged...i didnt have this problem with steam version...

Ok, installed from download here. I got my A-10C working. Bad news is there's a weird bug..my planes are spinning like crazy and uncontrollable. The view seems bugged...i didnt have this problem with steam version...

Check your control assignments under Options -> Controls and make sure that no double assignments for the different axes exist.

Check your control assignments under Options -> Controls and make sure that no double assignments for the different axes exist.

options /controls/ all

select each controller, then click "clear category". repeat for options/controls/ axis.

then bind them manually, and report back if you still have problems.

Note that wheel brakes R/L need INVERT on this axis tune pages.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

That is a rather general question, but wingmen are known not to be smartest, althoug they have good eues, spotting all those targets :) basically make sure when you ask him to attack target at your SPi to really have one there (and share the SPi, though I am not sure this is really required for the AI). There is no good advice, in some missions your wingman will act like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, in others he will be more like Forrest Gump.

*sniped!*

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

The wingmen are drunk on vodka most times I reckon.

"Two, engage targets of opportunity at my SPI."

"Two, roger. Two, RTB."

Yup, Vodka seems to be one of the more plausible explanations. :D

basically make sure when you ask him to attack target at your SPi to really have one there (and share the SPi, though I am not sure this is really required for the AI).

I usually forget to broadcast my SPI in single player but when my wingman actually attacks, he goes for the correct group of targets. I'm pretty sure that SPI broadcasting is not required in single player; it seems as if the AI wingmen somehow know where my sensors are looking at. :thumbup:

I usually forget to broadcast my SPI in single player but when my wingman actually attacks, he goes for the correct group of targets. I'm pretty sure that SPI broadcasting is not required in single player; it seems as if the AI wingmen somehow know where my sensors are looking at.
ditto

please help me understand CDU wind correction. here is what I understand, and please correct me:

under static weather, if winds at 1000 ft are 340 (reciprocal 160 coming from) at 6 m/s (6*3600 = 21.6km/h and 1 knot = 1.85 km/h therefore 11.6~ 12 kt wind punched into CDU).

Assuming that winds are active for ground to 1000 (which is not real), by putting these values into CDU LASTE Wind page, the CCIP pipper is corrected regardless of being downwind, upwind or crosswind with delivery.

If these values are not input, and CDU LASTE Wind page is set to use NONE (not temp, wind, both), the error needs aiming pipper, and having a look after impact to correct on the next identical pass (for example, 50 meters north of target is where the bomb impacted the first time, so I release 50 meters south of target under identical release airspeed and altitude (MRS/Speed setting).

how am I doing so far?

Also, regarding the TGP yardstick, what is the ideal position to use it? do I overfly the target? because I'm getting different readings from different altitudes and different directions, even though target is locked.

Also for the yardstick, which part denotes it from TGP , if TGP in area track looks like this:

[+] which part the bracket [ or ] or the horizontal part of the cross?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When on the LASTE Wind page in the upper right you get the current wind direction and speed and temperature from the planes sensors.

That helps to measure different wind layers in dynamic weather conditions. Measure wind at 3kft, 7kft and 12kft while approaching the area (if environment permits) and enter the corrections.

The next thing I always consider is, the wind direction of the strongest wind. If possible drop against the wind or second best with the wind, omit dropping in crosswind conditions... Plan your attack run if time permits.

Shagrat

Shagrat, I was referring to CCIP. Yes the purpose is to attack with a plan. So with wind I fear getting extra velocity against tail increasing speed. Yet I want to know if correcting LASTE on CDU also corrects CCIP PBIL and pipper.To my understanding the gun is wind corrected in 4000 ft and 4/6/8 (or was it 6/8/12) reticle, but CCIP gun reticle or cross aren't.