DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I end up setting up the TAD and CMSC the same way every startup. I suppose IRL the cartridge would contain some defaults, to avoid the need for the pilot to manually set everything up: is there a way to do the same for the simulation? Maybe by modifying a file somewhere.

Unable to export instruments in World 1.5

I just updated my original version of A10C (after all these years) to the latest and also updated to World 1.5 from 1.2.16.

Now the instruments won't export into Helios. Is anyone able to export their instruments with World 1.5 to a second monitor? I can't imagine playing this sim without a second monitor.

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

More Efficient targeting with TAD

A couple questions on more effective/efficient targeting using TAD.

Can you 'de-cluttter' the TAD to eliminate 'old' markpoints or target symbols? Can you delete or otherwise remove markpoints from TAD and/or CDU? It seems to get pretty confusing when you have 3-4 points from JTAC in the same vicinity and you're trying to Hook the right one.

Can you place (drop) a markpoint on the ground below a turnpoint to make slewing for targets faster? When heading to a target rich environment below a turnpoint (Ex: Elevation: 3,500) I find it slow to slew to the ground in search of a target not already marked.

Thanks

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

A couple questions on more effective/efficient targeting using TAD.

Can you 'de-cluttter' the TAD to eliminate 'old' markpoints or target symbols? Can you delete or otherwise remove markpoints from TAD and/or CDU? It seems to get pretty confusing when you have 3-4 points from JTAC in the same vicinity and you're trying to Hook the right one.

Can you place (drop) a markpoint on the ground below a turnpoint to make slewing for targets faster? When heading to a target rich environment below a turnpoint (Ex: Elevation: 3,500) I find it slow to slew to the ground in search of a target not already marked.

Thanks

Unfortunately there is no way to delete markpoints at this time. If you're having difficulties hooking the right symbol, try using EXP1 and EXP2 modes (CHINA HAT fwd short); I also find it easier to use active rather than passive hooking.

You can place a markpoint on the cursor at ground level with TMS right short: switch to MARK database, hook it (TMS up short), slave all (CHINA HAT fwd long), TGP as SOI (COOLIE HAT right long), make the TGP the SPI generator (TMS fwd long).

Another solution is to duplicate the waypoint with the CDU, change your database to MSN and then repeat the procedure.You could also modify the waypoint's elevation directly, but I don't know how to get coordinate ranging to automatically set the ground elevation without creating a new waypoint. If you have the target's elevation though (from the briefing for example) it's a good way to have the waypoint point at the target directly in the FLT PLAN database.

Gliptal....thanks for the info and suggestions....I'll have to hit the books again and go through all this CDU & MFCD section for the Nth time.

Perhaps you can make a request to the Pentagon & DCS for a 'filter or Delete markpoints' :)

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

In real life the unmarked button right and above the "MK" overhead markpoint button would delete the markpoints

This would be sooo effing neat to have.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

External Views...what am I doing wrong here?

I see absolutely awesome video views of bombs strikes on targets from a ground level and can't seem to figure out what Views you guys are using. Can someone enlighten me on this?

I drop a CBU and hit F6 for a weapon view ans that quickly reverts back to cockpit after the bomb has split open. How are you guys getting the ground attitude view of the rest of the show?

Thanks

Would you please tell me how could i launch at the same time the M151 rocket launcher, from 2-3 different pods ?

Like in the video below, at min 2.50

Thank you

[ame]

[/ame]

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Notice here in the DSM page he has selected both stations with the M151 rockets

thNK4gy.png

Then notice he selects the "PROF" page (Profile) and selected the release mode as "RIP PRS" (Ripple pairs)

Then below that he has select to fire 2 rockets each time it fires

Bp65XTQ.png

You can watch him go though the setup at the 32 second mark of the video.

Edited by Mike Busutil

I see absolutely awesome video views of bombs strikes on targets from a ground level and can't seem to figure out what Views you guys are using. Can someone enlighten me on this?

I drop a CBU and hit F6 for a weapon view ans that quickly reverts back to cockpit after the bomb has split open. How are you guys getting the ground attitude view of the rest of the show?

Most likely the free camera, Ctrl+F11. Aim it with the mouse, and use zoom in/out to move forward/backup, or the mouse scroll wheel to accelerate/decelerate.

When you hit Ctrl+F11 the camera will remain at the current position, so you might want to use F7 to get the external ground unit view (select a unit on the F10 map first, or else mash the button repeatedly to cycle through all ground units) and then Ctrl+F11 and position the camera as desired.

Also you can use the F6 view to follow the weapon down, and then hit Ctrl+F11 to 'detach' the camera.

Edit to add: probably LeftControl+F11, to be specific.

setting RIP PRS means that it fires 2 rockets per interval, the ripple setting means that it fires "full auto" up to the amount of rockets set for the ripple quantity

so if you set rip prs quantity 4 and hold down pickle it will fire 2, then 2, then will require another button press to launch 4 more.

if you have 2x 21 m151 HE pods for instance, and set RP PRS 42 and then hold down the button, it will empty both pods.

setting RIP PRS means that it fires 2 rockets per interval, the ripple setting means that it fires "full auto" up to the amount of rockets set for the ripple quantity

so if you set rip prs quantity 4 and hold down pickle it will fire 2, then 2, then will require another button press to launch 4 more.

if you have 2x 21 m151 HE pods for instance, and set RP PRS 42 and then hold down the button, it will empty both pods.

And what if I set 5 as quantity? Error msg? Last rocket will be single only? Just curious.

the game uninstalls itself

to be honest i have no idea as i've never done it. the other thing i'm not sure about is what if you have 4 pods, will it fire 4 per release interval if set to RIP PRS?

never tried that either as i don't use rockets much on the A-10 (though that changed recently since i 'adjusted' the damage they do)