DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Is there a way to increase the rate of TGP A-A Slew rate? I know I can change it in the Stat page under "THRTL" on the left MFCD, but that also affects the A-G slew rate, and it also doesn't help much.

The problem being that it slews so very slowly when in A-A that it's impossible to use it

weapons change or reload

Hi

I have the A10c and when I come in and land to do a reload and change to different bombs and rockets. it still shows the old load and red squares where weapons are loaded. how do I fix this

thanks

Hi

I have the A10c and when I come in and land to do a reload and change to different bombs and rockets. it still shows the old load and red squares where weapons are loaded. how do I fix this

thanks

Read about DSMS inventory pages in the manual.

Hi

thanks

In the DSMS you say ?

You have to reload DSMS configuration I think.

You need to hold one of the button below the MFCD to assign a button to load

Then click on the load button, choose load DSMS and reassign back the button to what it was (STAT for example).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the DSMS you say ?

You have to reload DSMS configuration I think.

You need to hold one of the button below the MFCD to assign a button to load

Then click on the load button, choose load DSMS and reassign back the button to what it was (STAT for example).

I'm not sure this would work, the LOAD function at mission start is based on the cartridge set up in the mission editor. I believe if you don't exactly match the initial loadout when rearming it would load the wrong weapons on the stores in the DSMS. The only solution is to manually select the inventory.

I'm not sure this would work, the LOAD function at mission start is based on the cartridge set up in the mission editor. I believe if you don't exactly match the initial loadout when rearming it would load the wrong weapons on the stores in the DSMS. The only solution is to manually select the inventory.

Mmmmh, yes you're probably right, I'll test that tonight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can also turn off and on the CICU after rearming is complete and press Load DSMS (or possibly Load All). It's an ugly (and probably dead wrong) way to do it, but it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. type steerpoint name on CDU keypad

2. click the #? button on the right side of the CDU page to create a new steerpoint with that name

3. bottom right of the CDU MFCD page click L/L to switch it to UTM (coordinates)

4. type in coordinates on CDU keypad

5. click bottom button on the left side of the CDU MFCD page to enter coordinates as location of new steerpoint

6. verify left grey knob below CDU is set to MISSION to verify non-flight-plan steerpoints will show up

7. flip to created steerpoint

8. verify target is on steerpoint (may require a little adjustment as coordinates are not perfectly accurate)

9. choose weapon

10. kaboom

repeat as necessary until enemy is destroyed

note: these are not actually markpoints, they are just waypoints with target coordinates assigned to them. markpoints are different entirely

I had a problem the other day that I hope someone can help me with.

I was flying with another player in MP, and we were trying to send and receive SPI.

We got the SPI sent both ways, but according to my flight lead there should have been a purple line from his aircraft to the SPI he was sending, but it didn't appear for either of us.

We were using the same Group ID, with unique OwnShip IDs.

Anyone know what is wrong and how it can be fixed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was flying with another player in MP, and we were trying to send and receive SPI.

Same group ID and unique own IDs are good. That would have been my first guess. ;)

How did you guys send the SPI? What your lead describes sounds like broadcasting the SPI (DMS Left Long), in which case "SPI ON" should be highlighted next to OSB 6 on his TAD. From that point on until he stops broadcasting his SPI (DMS Left Long again) you should always see the purple line extending from his aircraft to his SPI, wherever that is located.

You could also hook a friendly aircraft in the TAD and send your SPI using the TAD, in which case no purple lines will show up (unless the SPI was also broadcast at the same time). IIRC the recipient should get a NEW TASKING message then.

I sometimes don't see the SPIs that others are broadcasting and don't know why exactly. More often than that, I see the purple line and a SPI hundreds of miles away after they stopped broadcasting it. I suppose this is a known problem that's low on the priority list, though I'm not sure if maybe one of us is doing something wrong in these cases.

thanks for the help guys that worked. one other question what keyboard button is for the speed brake. I looked in the key assignments and it wasn't the there. or I could be blind. and where can I get the aircraft manual.

thanks in advance

thanks for the help guys that worked. one other question what keyboard button is for the speed brake. I looked in the key assignments and it wasn't the there. or I could be blind. and where can I get the aircraft manual.

thanks in advance

It's CTRL+B and SHIFT+B, in the controls they are labeled as "HOTAS Speed Break Switch Aft" and "HOTAS Speed Break Switch Forward"

The manual is located here:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Doc

Yeah, just tick the "late activation" box for each unit (provided they dont have that ticked already as they are boun to go active due to some trigger)

Alternatively you could place unit's from the "static" tab.

(I know Baltic knows this i'm just quoting you to add on to it :) )

Alternatively you could place unit's from the "static" tab.

(I know Baltic knows this i'm just quoting you to add on to it :) )

Yeah seems I misunderstood the intent. If you want them to disappear for some time or if you want them not to shoot at you? In the latter case you can turn their AI off at the mission start or set up their ROE to hold fire.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Yes, I just want them not to shoot me. Are static objects destructible? Will they take the same kind of damage as if they were a ground vehicle group? Or how do I turn off their AI at the mission start? I'm also not certain where to change their ROE?

I would rather use unots as you can place them in groups.

Just click on the unit, click "advanced waypoint options" (or something like that, the lowest bar on the unit panel), add "set option -> ROE -> hold fire".

Or go to trigger menu, in first column choose "add trigger" and below choose "on mission start" and in third column add "Group AI off", select group and do the same for all units.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Stock Campaign Question

Did not want to start a new thread, so I am putting my Query here.

What is the difference between the stock A10C Campaigns Georgian Hammer & Georgian Hammer with CA?

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Did not want to start a new thread, so I am putting my Query here.

What is the difference between the stock A10C Campaigns Georgian Hammer & Georgian Hammer with CA?

CA = Combined Arms, if this is the question. Sorry if you ask for any difference in the story itself?

CA = Combined Arms, if this is the question. Sorry if you ask for any difference in the story itself?

I only have the A10C module.

I have noticed that the mission files in the 2 campaigns are also different.

So, from a A10C perspective, how will the 2 stock campaigns differ?

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B