DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

During take off the nosewheel steering automatically disengages it self. Now is there a way that it would automatically engage it self after I slow down below certain speed ( on the ground of course ) ? Or do I have to do it manually every time ?

you sure it "disengages" automatically? As far as I know or the manual says it needs to be deactivated manually at about 70kts... just wondering.:huh:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It comes off automatically when weight on wheels comes off

Which does not help you while you are doing 120 - 130 kts before rotate.....

The rudders become effective at 70 kts so the steering should be disengaged as to not over control the ground steering.

exactly! Unless you are set to immortal, but when you do it in realistic settings it will likely snap...

• Like 1

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not really. If waypoints reference the virtual markers. With EGI of/damaged you may use eyeballs map and INS / HARS to navigate old style, though.

• Like 1

Shagrat

Quick question: Is there a way to navigate between waypoints with EGI off?

Yes. Either TACAN or map, compass, and stopwatch. Or a bit of both

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Quick question. When Flying during the night with Night Vision Goggles on, when I have Day HUD mode ( green ) I can see letters and the whole HUD in general sharp and clear but as soon as I switch to Night HUD ( orange ) mode it's all blurry and I can't properly read anything. Now is that a bug or is that the way the color of the Night HUD works on the Night Vision Goggles?

'Fear the strike'

• 2 weeks later...

There is a HOTAS command/switch, called CMS. CMS forward activates a selected counter-measure program, CMS aft stops it, and with CMS left/right you can cycle the programs. The ECM jammer (when equipped on the A-10c) is activated by CMS down (Z-axis). You might want to check the keybinds out yourself (in the options menu), as I don't use the default ones myself. The boat switch (also HOTAS) toggles the FLIR modes afaik.