DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

The autopilot is engaged when you hear the "bip" sound, yes.

Some autopilot modes require certain conditions before it can activate.

For example, ALT HOLD, requires you to be almost level. It allows for a slight bank so you can form an orbit pattern.

I think the PATH HOLD requires you to have close to no bank at all. You can have a climbing or diving motion though.

The ALT/HEADING HOLD requires you to be level in both pitch and bank.

The manual tells:

- PATH (top position). This mode will attempt to keep the aircraft on its current

flight path, represented by the total velocity vector symbol on the HUD. This

mode will not engage with a bank angle greater than 10-degrees.

- ALT/HDG (middle position). This mode will attempt to maintain the barometric

altitude and heading of the aircraft when the mode was activated. This mode

will not engage with a bank angle greater than 10-degrees.

- ALT (down position). When this mode is engaged, the autopilot will attempt to

maintain current bank angle and barometric altitude.

I see...much clearer now :thumbup:

Was used to other sims auto pilots, but it seems they were very arcade! lol

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/EAC_-_Autopilot_system_explained

more explanation for the autopilot...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On my side consoles the letters got blurry for some reason. They were OK as far as I can remeber from few days ago. DCS Repair didn't make it any better. Any idea?

Don't know what cause your trouble. But as last soluce if you can't solve it, you might try Ricardo cocpit for A10C (Horse of War)...it's high def pit, and i'm sure you'll be satisfied!

I use it, and have to say it's a wonderful mod :thumbup:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/2566-ricardos-horse-of-war/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On my side consoles the letters got blurry for some reason. They were OK as far as I can remeber from few days ago. DCS Repair didn't make it any better. Res is set to 1920x1200 in Options. Any idea?

There is a bug that makes everything blurry if you quit a multiplayer session and connect to a new one without restarting DCS, maybe this is what's happening to you? If so, you should be able to work around this by restarting DCS every time you quit a session.

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, but I never played MP yet. But it can be the same bug, resulting from some other "trigger" event. Fifi's suggestion solved it in the meantime.

Cool :thumbup:...and pit looks much better IMO! Very nice weathering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

guys... what happened to WP slewing?

I can not slew my TGP to a Waypoint with China Head fw long anymore?

And how is it that I can not look backwards anymore?

Seriously, they wasted the hog with those silly tweaks!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Not really a technical question about the A-10, but more a pondering question.

I was playing on one of those dynamic missions server just now.

RWR lit up to show that there are allied F-18s in the area.

Happened to glance on the TAD and saw two aircraft symbols nearby.

Wondering who was that, as I am the only A-10 in the area.

Slewed the TAD cursor over to the said aircraft symbol and it showed an F-18.

Now then, for the pondering question:

Does this imply that there will be a datalink across the A-10C and F-18 module (whether the C or the E) when it comes out ? Other aircraft as well ? Will this mean a tighter coordination between CAS and SEAD aircraft ?

Screen_131114_192013.thumb.jpg.3f0f2f0204864e61724efbd5f223a142.jpg

It is too early to talk about features for the F-18C.

IRL these aircraft are able to exchange information via their datalinks (sometimes via relays due to different datalink systems being used).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that in BMS the SA-13 shows up on the RWR.

I have looked into it, and although the sa-13 is a IR type, it does contain a radar between the launchers that it uses to tell the operator of the range of the incoming aircraft to avoid wasting missiles (as was described to me) outside of operating ranges.

Shouldn't the 13 appear on the RWR for the A-10 as well?

PS: I am not talking about the SA-13 TELAR variant.

It should, when an SA-13 is actively tracking you and therefore ranging, yes.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Is there a graph/chart/illustration to show the performances of the CBU-97 and -87 at various HOFs and RPM (for -87s).

I would like to know what settings to use depending on how dispersed my group of targets are.

That being said... What is the reasonable amount of targets you can kill with a single CBU ?

You know, I think I'm gonna set up a testing video to show the effectiveness of CBUs in tightly clustered armor at different HOFs just for shits and giggles. But you'd have to wait a while for that.

I would really like to see that, I don't even bother with 87's or 103's anymore. Drop 97's or 105's at 1200 or 1500 HOF depending on target density and am happy with the outcome almost every time.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Il split it up into two different segments.

The first will be HOF heights for armor cluster in a circle patter, tight group.

Then it will be HOF heights for armor cluster in a line pattern.

If I have time, Il also conduct a third test for spread out cluster of armor.

I will obviously do like 3-4 runs for each test then Il post the results in a different thread and Il link it here as well.

Is there a graph/chart/illustration to show the performances of the CBU-97 and -87 at various HOFs and RPM (for -87s).

I would like to know what settings to use depending on how dispersed my group of targets are.

That being said... What is the reasonable amount of targets you can kill with a single CBU ?

Hi,

You might find foot print table for CBU87/103 from 476th VFG useful: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=73

They know what they are doing :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans