DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

1. Why is there no TGP symbol on the HUD when in air to air mode?

2. In the manual, it says China Hat forward long slaves the AIM-9 seeker to the TGP line of sight but I can't get this to work. Has anyone gotten this to work?

1. Apparently that's how the real jet works. That's the explication Wags posted on the subject a while back iirc.

2. It does work (can't confirm in the current build). It should be as simple as setting your

A-A TGP as the SPI generator and slaving all sensors to SPI. It definitely worked in the past and is in fact a bit of a workaround to your first problem; as you can see the AIM-9 reticle in the HUD (therefore the A-A TGP line of sight while slaved)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

1. Apparently that's how the real jet works. That's the explication Wags posted on the subject a while back iirc.

2. It does work (can't confirm in the current build). It should be as simple as setting your

A-A TGP as the SPI generator and slaving all sensors to SPI. It definitely worked in the past and is in fact a bit of a workaround to your first problem; as you can see the AIM-9 reticle in the HUD (therefore the A-A TGP line of sight while slaved)

I finally got it to work, thanks. China Hat Forward Long when the TGP is SOI and in A-A mode. Lock up a target with the TGP, go to air to air mode, slave AIM-9 to TGP. Works beautifully.

It doesn't have the pyrotechnic cartridge required to blow it away from the plane.

So there's more than gravity and wind ripping jettisoned stores off the jet when released?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

So there's more than gravity and wind ripping jettisoned stores off the jet when released?

Yes weapons are jettisoned by explosives aka carts. Each pylons has two and Ters have them as well.. Aim-9s, rockets, and mavs are obviously launched by their respective rocket motor. The rocket pod, mav launcher can be ejected by the pylon carts. As I said earlier dra, ECM, and TGP aren't carted and are safety pined so even if carted my accident shouldn't eject the item from the pylon.

Yes. No weapon is simply dropped under gravity from any aircraft.

In the case of an ERU pyrotechnic cartridges in the pylon fire generating gas pressure, the gas pressure simultaneously releases the hook holding the store in place and drives two rams down forcing the store away from the aircraft.

The same process takes place for a normal release, selective jettison, and emergency jettison.

There are other types or rack and launcher that use different types of ejection system (missile ejector launchers being one).

Some light reading: http://www.marvingroup.com/index.php/companies/mec/products/ejector_racks/

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an idea why I can release bombs but they do not detonate?GBU38 is the bomb and I hear and see them leave the plane but no impact explosions ever?!?!

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Question....when you reach a waypoint the HSI then moves the heading pointer to the next steerpoint.What I would like to know is why the course deviation line doesn't also automatically move?

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Depending on what source is 'feeding' data to the HSI, the deviation line indicates to what extent you are off course. Make sure you set the steerpoint as source on the nimsip and also make sure the STP is set to the next waypoint.

If you're flying the flight path like you shoud and make sharp turns on the WPs, you won't drift off that much hence there is no reason why the deviation line would move all that much. If you feel it is a bug, post a track.

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Also, the sensitivity of the Steerpoint track deviation can vary greatly depending on the setting in your flight plan. A single dot can represent a few nautical miles or a few hundred feet or alternatively a few degrees.

From page 227 of the A-10C manual:

 ENROUTE:

CDI Deviation Indication

○ 1 Dot = 2 nm

○ 2 Dots = 4 nm

Glide Slope Sensitivity

○ 1 Dot = 500 feet

○ 2 Dots = 1,000 feet

 TERMINAL:

CDI Deviation Indication

○ 1 Dot = 0.50 nm

○ 2 Dots = 1.0 nm

Glide Slope Sensitivity

○ 1 Dot = 250 feet

○ 2 Dots = 500 feet

 HIGH ACC:

CDI Deviation Indication

○ 1 Dot = 0.05 nm

○ 2 Dots = 0.10 nm

Glide Slope Sensitivity

○ 1 Dot = 100 feet

○ 2 Dots = 200 feet

 APPROACH:

CDI Deviation Indication

○ 1 Dot = 1.5 DEG

○ 2 Dots = 3.0 DEG

Glide Slope Sensitivity

○ 1 Dot = 0.35 DEG

○ 2 Dots = 0.70 DEG

If I recall correctly you can set this as a global parameter but also change it individually per waypoint in your FPM page.

I never use it so someone who does can correct me.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.