DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I'm experiencing something weird.

When I'm starting up the hog and have the throttle on idle some times it'll just start rolling forwards ever so slowely...I do have anti-skid on, if that's got anything to do with it.

I'm thinking perhaps it could be my physical throttle...perhaps something in the programming or the like that's making the game think the throttle is activated (it's an X52 Pro).

Autopilot question

Hi, I can't seem to get the autopilot to engage in any mode. My switches seem to be set for altitude /heading hold, I push the engage button and nothing happens. I studied the manual, nothing jumped out that I did wrong. Do you have to set a min altitude it will engage at?

Thanks!

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

Hi, I can't seem to get the autopilot to engage in any mode. My switches seem to be set for altitude /heading hold, I push the engage button and nothing happens. I studied the manual, nothing jumped out that I did wrong. Do you have to set a min altitude it will engage at?

Thanks!

You need to be in level flight to engage the alt/hdg mode, if pitch / roll is too high it won't work. Don't think there is min alt for autopilot.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On the port side of the aircraft, there is a small object in a circle, which rotates - seemingly at random. It's shaped like a flag, with the object rotating around the bottom of the flagpole.

In this image, it's just to the right of #40 - a few panels aft of the boarding ladder.

What is this object? And what purpose does it serve? It's animated in-game, but I can't find any cause for its movements.

I don't know what it is called but I think you are talking about the device/sensor that drives the AoA needle.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

On the port side of the aircraft, there is a small object in a circle, which rotates - seemingly at random. It's shaped like a flag, with the object rotating around the bottom of the flagpole.

In this image, it's just to the right of #40 - a few panels aft of the boarding ladder.

What is this object? And what purpose does it serve? It's animated in-game, but I can't find any cause for its movements.

That is a vane transmitter for the AOA system.

SUU-25 illumination flare dispenser.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Nevada theater?

Hi, I bought the DCS A-10c DVD last year, it only seemed to come w the Caucuses theater. Is there a Nevada theater available?

Thx!

Steve

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

Nevada is currently a Work In Progress. A release date has not been announced but it is expected in v1.3.0 (we are on v1.2.7 right now).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

HUD mode SPI question

Hi, when I'm using the Lightening pod to target and then designate a SPI (w TMS fwd long), then when I'm done attacking, I want to go back to steer point SPI. So I set HUD as SOI and do a TMS aft short, the HUD SPI descriptor sometimes says IFFCC and I can't seem to get back to stpt w/o resetting a few modes. It's not a huge issue, I'm just curious as to what's going on when that happens.

Thx!

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

It should be TMS aft long ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Also, there's no need to set the HUD as SOI. You can make the steerpoint SPI with any of the sensors as SOI.

This man speaks the truth

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Wingman UHF radio freq?

Hi, is there a specific UHF radio freq your AI wingman / flight will always be on? In the instant action the UHF is tuned at the start and I can comm w my wingman. Are there ever different freqs for this that would show up in a mission briefing?

Thx!

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Hi, is there a specific UHF radio freq your AI wingman / flight will always be on? In the instant action the UHF is tuned at the start and I can comm w my wingman. Are there ever different freqs for this that would show up in a mission briefing?

Thx!

I think the default is 251 MHz but yes it can be changed in the mission editor.

GAU-8/A Questions

So I've always been fascinated with the gun on both the A-10 models but i have a few questions regarding its in game and real world usage.

-When I'm aiming the gun in game, I normally have to wait until I am quite close to a tank to kill it and it takes me about a 3 second burst. I don't have a problem with the recoil because I use PAC-1 and 2, but which "dot" on the circular aiming pipper do I aim over the tank? Top, bottom or halfway between? However I have absolutely no problem killing everything that isn't a tank with less than 80 rounds. It's just tanks that are the issue for me.

-Is it possible to kill a T-90 (one of the world's most powerful tanks) with this gun IRL or in game?

-What is the ratio of AP/DU rounds : HEI rounds?

Thanks

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

So I've always been fascinated with the gun on both the A-10 models but i have a few questions regarding its in game and real world usage.

-When I'm aiming the gun in game, I normally have to wait until I am quite close to a tank to kill it and it takes me about a 3 second burst. I don't have a problem with the recoil because I use PAC-1 and 2, but which "dot" on the circular aiming pipper do I aim over the tank? Top, bottom or halfway between? However I have absolutely no problem killing everything that isn't a tank with less than 80 rounds. It's just tanks that are the issue for me.

-Is it possible to kill a T-90 (one of the world's most powerful tanks) with this gun IRL or in game?

-What is the ratio of AP/DU rounds : HEI rounds?

Thanks

The higher dot is for AP rounds, the HE are heavier and fall shorter.

The ratio is as folłows:

One PGU-13 High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) for every five rounds of PGU-14 Armor Piercing Incendiary (API) rounds.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png