DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

The higher dot is for AP rounds, the HE are heavier and fall shorter.

The ratio is as folłows:

One PGU-13 High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) for every five rounds of PGU-14 Armor Piercing Incendiary (API) rounds.

TY

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

-Is it possible to kill a T-90 (one of the world's most powerful tanks) with this gun IRL or in game?

I believe I saw a video of someone doing gun attacks on T-90s from very very high angle dives (top armour) and having some success killing them. I think.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

So I've always been fascinated with the gun on both the A-10 models but i have a few questions regarding its in game and real world usage.

-When I'm aiming the gun in game, I normally have to wait until I am quite close to a tank to kill it and it takes me about a 3 second burst. I don't have a problem with the recoil because I use PAC-1 and 2, but which "dot" on the circular aiming pipper do I aim over the tank? Top, bottom or halfway between? However I have absolutely no problem killing everything that isn't a tank with less than 80 rounds. It's just tanks that are the issue for me.

-Is it possible to kill a T-90 (one of the world's most powerful tanks) with this gun IRL or in game?

-What is the ratio of AP/DU rounds : HEI rounds?

Thanks

Firstly, this gun can kill ANYTHING. :)

On average I can get 8-12 T-90s with the 1150 CM rnds. I attack any tank the same way, doesn't matter what model it is. In general, attack from behind, 35-55* dive, aim for the top rear part of the tank, fire between .7-.5nm from target, give it a 1-2sec burst, jink out.

Note: 35-55* dive. I prefer the higher end of that bracket because the 50 cals cant aim up high enough to engage you. down at the 35*, you might take some fire, and your engines are vulnerable.

A higher dive angle will keep your rnd dispersion tight, and the closer you are the higher your muzzle velocity. make sense?

Here is an example from my yt channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxq0bBBr-WI&list=PLkU3Xlf67iM10hDV5g9AZrB_VaE0mrqO1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXm_5MTagQ&list=PLkU3Xlf67iM2v_4mAicNpr6aqWdYASpOs

And this coloring book is both funny and very informative. hope that helps.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_053c.html

Edited by WotG.DC

Do Not Render Cockpit in Center View

how to change focus 1.2.8 from having sun effect on second monitor. I remade this image and replaced the old one but it didn't work like it did in the old version. What else should I do?

I followed this guide http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84270 to make the image below what else can I check?

I have 2x 1920x1080 screens full resolution 3840x10804

Im still getting sun glare effect on my second monitor is this because 1.2.8 is broken?

focus.thumb.png.5d7617f54e9e35fb76a478df2994b953.png

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Firstly, this gun can kill ANYTHING. :)

On average I can get 8-12 T-90s with the 1150 CM rnds. I attack any tank the same way, doesn't matter what model it is. In general, attack from behind, 35-55* dive, aim for the top rear part of the tank, fire between .7-.5nm from target, give it a 1-2sec burst, jink out.

Note: 35-55* dive. I prefer the higher end of that bracket because the 50 cals cant aim up high enough to engage you. down at the 35*, you might take some fire, and your engines are vulnerable.

A higher dive angle will keep your rnd dispersion tight, and the closer you are the higher your muzzle velocity. make sense?

Here is an example from my yt channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxq0bBBr-WI&list=PLkU3Xlf67iM10hDV5g9AZrB_VaE0mrqO1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXm_5MTagQ&list=PLkU3Xlf67iM2v_4mAicNpr6aqWdYASpOs

And this coloring book is both funny and very informative. hope that helps.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_053c.html

solid! nice vid's too there M8! :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

any help?

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Tried Alt + F1 looked at sun... glare on second monitor still there. ALT + F1 again still there.

I made sure focus.png was 1024x1024 when saved and exported and verified its replaced the old one.

is there a way to turn off glare effect all together or does that mess with cockpit shadows?

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

heres my multimonitor lua which otherwise would u need.

also I'm running softTH 2.08b latest

multimaster.lua

screenlayout.jpg.2f76c015748f5b0fc116657b5b442cc1.jpg

options.lua

SoftTH_dcs.exe_2014_05_11_09_58_47_1.thumb.jpg.b66c69698bb3552c1e925ad8abe39157.jpg

Edited by thinkr

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Thinkr ,Are you running one montior as your main and the other for mfcd's, HT or Helios? post a copy of your .lua from your monitor setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

added files you may want to look at in previous post

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

change the aspect to aspect = screen.aspect; and i think your bleed over is from the res that you use to start your left mfcd,Try 1920 and not 1934. hope that helps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

thx tried that...

messed with FOV but i'm sure I could edit more and fix it but gave up changed it back and now I have this setup uses more of the screen it still happens but it doesn't bug me as much.

Multimaster.lua

SoftTH_dcs.exe_2014_05_11_12_48_01_35.thumb.jpg.2c029be9496f3a84f97ae640598f4ebb.jpg

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

• 2 weeks later...

Speed brakes and Saitek X52 pro

Hi, It would be cool to have the small slider on the throttle of the X52 Pro set the speedbreak position. As the speed break control is not set up to be assigned to an axis, but rather a forward / aft switch, there's no obvious way to tie it to the slider using in-game options. Ideally I would like the slider to set the position of the speedbreak. Maybe I should play around w/ the X52 programmable profile software. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

Thx-

StevieRay

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

Ideally I would like the slider to set the position of the speedbreak. Maybe I should play around w/ the X52 programmable profile software. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

Thx-

StevieRay

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

You will not be able to do that since the sim has no position specific controls for it and it isn't (as you said) on an axis. The control in the sim replicates the control in the actual aircraft.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi, It would be cool to have the small slider on the throttle of the X52 Pro set the speedbreak position. As the speed break control is not set up to be assigned to an axis, but rather a forward / aft switch, there's no obvious way to tie it to the slider using in-game options. Ideally I would like the slider to set the position of the speedbreak. Maybe I should play around w/ the X52 programmable profile software. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

Thx-

StevieRay

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

I use one of the toggle switches on the stick for speed brakes. You have to take your hand off the throttle or stick though.

Thx-

StevieRay

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Set the slider to Bands in the Saitek software and have the forward and aft most range of the Slider (0-10% and 90-100%) bound to the appropriate keyboard keys. I use this same method so that I can have my mouse nubbin as my speedbrake control which is just about the most convenient place for it.

Also I'm pretty sure that the speedbrake switch is not a slider in the real aircraft but a 3 way switch spring loaded to centre. With that in mind I think that using the mouse nub is the most realistic option given its positioning and its behavior as basically a spring loaded 3 way switch (if you only use it for forward and back range, not up and down).

Also, in case you're unaware, the function of the speedbrake switch in the real aircraft is pulling towards you to open and pushing away to stow. This seemed backwards to me at first, but now I prefer it that way.

It took DCS A-10C for me to finally start liking that useless mouse nub.

The real World switch is a three way switch beside the throttle as on the thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, which is a replica of the original A-10C stick and throttle... forward position -UP, mid position -MVR (take off) and aft position - DN (landing; full flaps). There is no springload.

The tip with the zones should work, though I would recommend to set up and down positions for flaps to single keys. By default the flaps up is a key combo, which easily brings trouble with other keys being modified when having the slider in a flaps up position etc.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

There was a X-52 profile from JackBauer around the forums in A-10C beta times, which used that exact setup. B and V set to Flaps UP and DN positions and then three bands on the slider.... a buddy of mine is still using it. IIRC

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

How to set the CDU Waypoint as the Steerpoint?

Hi, I'm trying to tackle the ins and outs of navigation. Once I find a waypoint in the CDU (either by entering the name or number ID) I can't figure out how to make that the active Steerpoint. Any help would be great- thanks!

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

There was a X-52 profile from JackBauer around the forums in A-10C beta times, which used that exact setup. B and V set to Flaps UP and DN positions and then three bands on the slider.... a buddy of mine is still using it. IIRC

Thanks everyone for the help! I'll try a couple of these ideas for the flaps / breaks and see what I like best.

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Hi, I'm trying to tackle the ins and outs of navigation. Once I find a waypoint in the CDU (either by entering the name or number ID) I can't figure out how to make that the active Steerpoint. Any help would be great- thanks!

You either have to create a flight plan and put it in it then set the CDU steer dial to FLT PLAN or set the CDU steer dial to MISSION and scroll the steer points til you find the one you created.

You either have to create a flight plan and put it in it then set the CDU steer dial to FLT PLAN or set the CDU steer dial to MISSION and scroll the steer points til you find the one you created.

I see, so when you search for a waypoint like "Batumi" and it comes up on the CDU waypoint page, the only way to make it a steerpoint and get HUD / HSI steering to it is to copy it to a new custom waypoint and cycle to it.

I guess my confusion was when you set the AAP knob to STEER and you enter a name or number on the scratchpad, you can't pull it up by pressing the LSK next to the name or number (as on the Waypoint page w/ AAP set to OTHER) because it is read-only.

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Well, if it's just to get a course to a nearby Airport, there is the DIVERT page. If you select an Airfield it automatically gets the current waypoint. (I wonder why it shouldn't work, when selecting a steerpoint from the DB? Need to test that...) Ok, exactly as you posted. Steerpoint page just has a branch option to get to the WP page. So no Steerpoint without copying into a waypoint, apart from the NAV>DIVERT page.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat